|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
F 150-4.2 blocks are the same?
I have a 2002 F150-4.2 and for some reason the block has a big hole. What blocks would I be able to put on it? The same year or could I use different years, if different years, which ones?(block)
I am going to use the same heads, all I need is a new block. Again, could you please let me know which blocks are similar to the one of this model, if any. I'm going to use all the sam accessaries, alternator, starter, mainfold injectors, etc. Thank you very much for your time. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: F 150-4.2 blocks are the same?
Not sure, but I helped a friend put a 4.2 from a 2000 into a 97. We had to use our intake and stuff, they were all different, but the block was identical as far as we could tell. As far as the cause, there is a known issue with the intake gaskets leaking on the 4.2 and breaking rods etc eventually if they aren't fixed.
__________________
10 hours away from John Deere master certified also master certified ASE tech. Exp. in both. Went to school for cars, wound up staying with Deere dealer for a while, so schooling there too. Also couple years exp in GM and some GM training Gave up wrenching for "Greener Pastures" Current job: RN 2010 Silverado Z71 5.3L 65xxx Wife's 2007 Suburban 1500 LTZ 5.3L 102xxx |
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|