-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-03-2003, 10:17 PM
subyfanatic's Avatar
subyfanatic subyfanatic is offline
BiggE
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 546
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Buyers Beware

I'm new here and have been viewing all the interesting posts and threads. I feel like I've found a new family here as I've loved the hobby for about 17 years. I've sold kits on eBay in the last year under the username "iwanabelieve" and have kept a decent feedback rating to this point. I also post frequently on some well-known Subaru forums such as NASIOC, I-Club, RS25, and bbs.Legacycentral.org . Aside from all this, my point is as follows. I have bought on eBay and I've bought from HLJ as many of you have probably done many times. However, I was burned badly on a deal with an eBay seller and wanted to give everyone here the heads up. Steer clear of this seller - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3133033578

Packaging from Hong Kong is only green paper wrapped around the kit like a gift. I have pictures showing the damage to an EVO and an STi kit and the seller refused to exchange or give me money back. I reported him to eBay but time passed and they never replied. Don't let this happen to you and please always check feedback or send a previous customer a quick e-mail to ask about their experience with the seller. I hope to become an active member here and look forward to seeing more of your amazing kits. I will try to photograph and post some of my models in your gallery. Good night for now.

E
__________________
"Follow the white rabbit."


Last edited by ales; 06-04-2003 at 02:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-03-2003, 10:30 PM
endlesskev86's Avatar
endlesskev86 endlesskev86 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 1,200
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to endlesskev86
thanx for the heads up....
why are all the swindlers all from HK??......bah...disgrace
__________________
AF OG Dori crew (member #5)


Altezzas: It only looks good if you have the FULL car, not just the LIGHTS!! grinyes:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-03-2003, 10:32 PM
TheSyndicate's Avatar
TheSyndicate TheSyndicate is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
eBay has some nice deals and most of the sellers are good, but the extra cash I spend at a reputable website or a store is worth the comfort of mind.

Sorry to hear you got burned on that deal. Hopefully your warning will protect us from future problems.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-03-2003, 10:40 PM
tonioseven's Avatar
tonioseven tonioseven is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,565
Thanks: 363
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven
That is Helenspirit/Sanxler/Ryuluk Stay away from him!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-03-2003, 10:50 PM
chipanggo's Avatar
chipanggo chipanggo is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 305
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First of all, welcome to AF.

Thanks for the warning. There really are a lot of unscrupulous people out there.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-03-2003, 10:59 PM
Interlude Interlude is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 75
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
He still owes me an Aoishima MazdaSpeed GTC Concept RX7 kit! That was last year!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-03-2003, 11:34 PM
primera man's Avatar
primera man primera man is offline
"P-Man"
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to primera man
First of all...


Have a look in the FAQ and the GALLERY at the top of the page to help you out with any questions you may have .
We also have a section that you can post your Progress and Finished photos in also
Have fun and welcome along.

GALLERY
F.A.Q
Completed and In-Progress Projects
PLEASE GO TO THIS THREAD FIRST......It will answer almost all your questions before posting.


Thanks for the warning which will help others out. I never bother with ebuy as IMO there are to many rip-off people in there
__________________

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-04-2003, 12:08 AM
joecwlaw's Avatar
joecwlaw joecwlaw is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,563
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally posted by endlesskev86
thanx for the heads up....
why are all the swindlers all from HK??......bah...disgrace
I am from Hong Kong. And I am sorry to see that your packages were broken. I think the seller is responsible for the damage as he mentioned "If the product get damaged during delivery, please report to me for compensation" , HE SHOULD MAKE COMPENSATION TO YOU!!!!

HOWEVER, endlesskev86 , please dont say all the swindlers all from HK.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-04-2003, 12:28 AM
Hiroboy's Avatar
Hiroboy Hiroboy is offline
www.hiroboy.com vendor
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,842
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Hiroboy Send a message via AIM to Hiroboy Send a message via Yahoo to Hiroboy Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroboy
Quote:
Originally posted by joecwlaw
HOWEVER, endlesskev86 , please dont say all the swindlers all from HK.
I agree with that statement
__________________
Steve a.k.a. Hiroboy
www.hiroboy.com - www.zero-paints.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-04-2003, 01:35 AM
fredo fredo is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 69
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was lucky then !

I bought one model from this guy on ebay and it came without problems.
The packaging was actually this green paper (no box around the kit box).
The inside was well protected (bags taped not to allow them to move and the body was wrapped in a "foam sheet") so all the pieces came perfect.
I suppose I was lucky but I had no problems with this seller.
__________________
Frederic
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-04-2003, 01:49 AM
Jonno's Avatar
Jonno Jonno is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,955
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Jonno
I have heard a lot of stories about him ripping off people. I don't really trust the sellers on Ebay, thats why I never use it.
__________________


-Holden Berlina Turbo, RB30ET.
-Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-04-2003, 03:48 AM
Marco_Wrc Marco_Wrc is offline
Rally Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 593
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Try this for fun:

Search for "sanxler" on this forum and you'll see you're not the only one who was ripped off.

However it still is a shame this guy sells models.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-04-2003, 05:04 AM
flyonthewall's Avatar
flyonthewall flyonthewall is offline
Car Mod guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,180
Thanks: 6
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to flyonthewall
Shame you didn't find us sooner, you would have heard all about this guy. How about doing this to try get your money back;

Find out his address, perhaps pose as a new customer wanting to send some cash for a purchase. When you know where he lives, find out where his nearest police station is and also the name of their head of police - a HK resident on AF could find this out for you. Also collect all the unresolved claims from AF'ers too. When you have all this, send the guy a well written message telling him you have all this information and will gladly pass it onto them if he doesn't cough up a refund.

Worth a try, u don't actually have to report it if you didn't want to. Just get enough info to make the guy crap his pants
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-04-2003, 05:06 AM
hrmodeler's Avatar
hrmodeler hrmodeler is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to hrmodeler Send a message via MSN to hrmodeler
I buyed once from HK, from Johnson Tang, and I was very satisfied.
Only it takes long when it goes by surface mail.
__________________
Zeljko Segin
http://www.hrmodeler.com - Fast wheels - my pages
My current project - .....


Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-04-2003, 05:49 AM
exhaust smoke's Avatar
exhaust smoke exhaust smoke is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,402
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
WELCOME TO AF! Would love to see some of your work.

Thanks for the warning, sorry to hear of your bad experience. I'm from the UK and have purchased from a couple of ebay sellers in HK before. The green packaging is, I think, a bit 'standard' over there. My kits arrived pretty much ok. I think you were unfortunate to run into such an unscrupulous seller. I did find it rather poor of ebay not to get back to you though.
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buyer Beware HHeliker Taurus | Taurus Wagon 1 11-14-2003 04:38 PM
Buyer beware Trinity '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee 12 04-28-2003 01:36 AM
buyer beware Arkad Video BADxPNOI Initial D 2 08-03-2002 11:01 AM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts