-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community
Cavalier Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? We can help.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-23-2011, 06:07 PM
radrodder04 radrodder04 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 82
Thanks: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy 93 Cav 3.1 auto dies in gear

I saw an earlier post that sounded just like my problem. My car runs and drives great for about 10 mins. then dies (always when I stop). The car will start right up and idle fine. When I put it in gear it dies instantly. After it sits 5 mins. it's fine to drive for about 10 mins. then dies. I gathered from the post that I read I have a problem with my TCC Lock-up Solenoid. I haven't a clue what or where this TCC Solenoid is. Can anyone help me
PLEASE?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-24-2011, 05:43 PM
radrodder04 radrodder04 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 82
Thanks: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: 93 Cav 3.1 auto dies in gear

I went to another forum and got the info I needed. If anyone needs the info: I unplugged the TCC it is a small about 1.5" or less by 3/4" plug on the FRONT of the transmission, all I had to do was Jack up the car find the plug it had 4 wires and unplug it> Of course I know the problem is not Fixed ,fixed, but it works for today!!!
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1991 Cutless supreme 3.1 stalling mandude Cutlass Series 9 02-06-2015 12:16 AM
knocking after oil change 3.1 moemo Cutlass Series 1 10-20-2010 06:37 PM
2002 3.1 thermostat removal DigduG1975 Grand Prix 1 05-29-2010 08:47 PM
1995 cutlass supreme water pump 3.1 moemo Cutlass Series 1 05-02-2010 08:55 AM
3.1 interchange info please. Ponyak Grand Prix 2 06-08-2009 10:58 AM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts