|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Special impact socket for optional wheels
Just a heads up for some with GM option wheels, like 20 inch. We recently got a 2005 Yukon XL Denali, turns out that standard impact sockets for 21mm or 13/16 inch were too wide to fit into the opening in the option wheels. A standard-type manual socket would work, but there's a reason we have impact tools. Even the GM-supplied lug wrench won't fit, and who knows if AAA would even have anything !!!
Anyway, I'm getting #61-8021 from NAPA, 21mm thin-wall impact socket, for this, for next time. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Special impact socket for optional wheels
Quote:
have found many wheels to have the need of thin walled sockets. I do not usually use impact sockets or air power to loosen or tighten the lugs. this is because of the alloy wheels can be damaged. when I do use air power the torque is set low . then I finish off with the torque wench . 6PT sockets only |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Special impact socket for optional wheels
Just for loosening !!!
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Special impact socket for optional wheels
I never tighten the lug nuts very tight with the air gun...
I use the low air torque usually 20ft lbs. then using a torque wrench set to 100 ft lbs lock in the lug nuts. drive a few miles then re-torque to 110 ft lbs..........never had any damaged or other issues with improper torque proceedure settings etc... when I get my tires replaced they use my socket not the tire shops worn out socket that damages every thing..also I tell them that I will set the lug torque. so they only snug up the lugs .. |
| ||||||||||||||||||
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|