-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Taylor44 Taylor44 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
95 Tahoe No blower motor

My son doesn't have any AC or heat ... more exact, the blower is not blowing at all. I checked other threads on here and the others that I see have problems of the blower not working at certain speeds...

I checked the switch first in the dash for continuity, there was continuity on various settings on various posts (so I assume the switch is doing its thing) ... I found the purple wire and ground wire ... when I check those I get .45 volts on all the lower settings and back to 0 on High ..... (fuses of course are good)... I have read about the resister going bad on the other posts ....is that most likely what I am looking at being bad??

Thanks!
Jon
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-30-2010, 07:08 AM
MT-2500's Avatar
MT-2500 MT-2500 is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,690
Thanks: 5
Thanked 122 Times in 121 Posts
Re: 95 Tahoe No blower motor

Auto matic or reg controls?
Resister is for lower speeds.
High blower is usually related and fused.
Check all fuses first.
Jumper blower motor with 12 volt fused jumper and see if it runs.
__________________
Remember proper testing gives us the answer to many problems.
MT
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-30-2010, 07:16 AM
MT-2500's Avatar
MT-2500 MT-2500 is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,690
Thanks: 5
Thanked 122 Times in 121 Posts
Re: 95 Tahoe No blower motor

Blower motor fuses should be right side of dash in side fusebox.
Let us know what you find there.
__________________
Remember proper testing gives us the answer to many problems.
MT
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Taylor44 Taylor44 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 Tahoe No blower motor

Manual Controls ...

Fuses in dash and under hood was the first thing I checked .. all good... When I get home I will drop 12v to the blower itself to make sure it is working... My next step is to pull the resistor out, check it over and also check the voltages coming from the plug that goes into the resistor, just to make sure the switch is good and I am getting the correct power to the resistor... if that is all good, I'll drop $18 at Advance Auto and replace the resistor most likely...

If I understand you correctly though, you are saying the resistor is NOT used when the switch is on HIGH?? meaning I should be seeing 12 volts on the purple wire to the blower no matter if the resistor is good or bad when I have the switch on HIGH?

Thanks!
JT
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-30-2010, 02:57 PM
MT-2500's Avatar
MT-2500 MT-2500 is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,690
Thanks: 5
Thanked 122 Times in 121 Posts
Re: 95 Tahoe No blower motor

Yes high blower does not run off resistor.
Fan motor High blower is powered by a high blower relay.
__________________
Remember proper testing gives us the answer to many problems.
MT
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Taylor44 Taylor44 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 Tahoe No blower motor

next question out of curiosity ... is it in the fusebox under the the hood? (Seems I seen a relay under the hood for this) ... and now, come to think of it I remember hearing it click (under the hood) as my son turned the switch for me as I had the volt meter on the purple power wire ....(it would click but still showed 0 volts on High)..hmmm
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-30-2010, 05:53 PM
MT-2500's Avatar
MT-2500 MT-2500 is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,690
Thanks: 5
Thanked 122 Times in 121 Posts
Re: 95 Tahoe No blower motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor44 View Post
next question out of curiosity ... is it in the fusebox under the the hood? (Seems I seen a relay under the hood for this) ... and now, come to think of it I remember hearing it click (under the hood) as my son turned the switch for me as I had the volt meter on the purple power wire ....(it would click but still showed 0 volts on High)..hmmm
I show the high blower relay under insturment panel on top of ac/heater case.
Sometimes glove box can beremoved to see it.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
__________________
Remember proper testing gives us the answer to many problems.
MT
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Taylor44 Taylor44 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 Tahoe No blower motor

put 12v to the blower... blower works ... I pulled the resistor and relay ... is there anyway to check these without simply replacing??
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-06-2010, 06:21 AM
MT-2500's Avatar
MT-2500 MT-2500 is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,690
Thanks: 5
Thanked 122 Times in 121 Posts
Re: 95 Tahoe No blower motor

You have not told us if regular or auto controls.

Yes you can test relay.
But test hooked up.
On realy test.
Make sure you have 12 volts to red wire A-2.
Check for good ground on black wire A1- ground.
Check orange wire for 12 volts feed from high blower switch.
Check E-2 dark blue resistor feed for resistor voltage lower speeds.
Check purple C-1 wire for voltage feed to blower.

With fused power and ground to relay.
Put fused jumper on C-2 orang wire relay should click and put 12 volts to purple blower wire.
Does it do that?
__________________
Remember proper testing gives us the answer to many problems.
MT
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1999 Tahoe Blower Motor bscheper Tahoe 11 11-19-2015 12:00 PM
'97 Grand Prix GT Blower Motor Resistor olopezm Grand Prix 11 06-10-2010 03:20 PM
06' COMMANDER blower motor always runs bclark001 Commander | Patriot 0 03-22-2010 11:39 AM
99 tahoe blower motor wont work Tahoe_Junkie Tahoe 4 12-06-2009 06:57 PM
2002 Tahoe Blower Motor 69Firebird4-speed Tahoe 0 12-16-2005 07:42 AM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts