|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
Like the one on '04 M1, the clutch cover was a little far from the real one. So I have made a move to fix it a bit.
![]() I've spent a night painting the engine and the stuffs around. ![]() And the ceramic brake discs were also painted.
|
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
A little more update for the clutch cover.
I have used 3 kinds of metal tuned screws for the details ![]()
|
|
#18
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
Clutch looks fabulous, have you made the screws yourself or have you bought them?
/Joel
__________________
Visit my FB page www.facebook.com/one12th |
|
#19
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
Nice clutch!
Did you planned to let the airbox black or you will use carbon fiber on it? Bye. Roca. |
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
Quote:
Those screws were bought and were of various size and blends. but afterall these different screws get together and are looking close to what it looks like from my reference pics. |
|
#21
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
Quote:
I am still not sure if the said difference is true or not so let's sort it out this time~
|
|
#22
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
Quote:
I will wait for the result.Roca. |
|
#23
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
It was great to had a whole day out from my girl and stayed home watching the last Silverstone GP and progress with my M1. LOL~~~
Here is an update for the muffler. ![]() ![]()
|
|
#24
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
Great progress on that exhaust pipe!
Hope to see more pictures soon. Roca. |
|
#25
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
Exhaust looks great! About the gloss/flat idea, will it not be tough to stick the decal to the flat base, I know Steve (Hiroboy) told me to stick decals directly to the Zero base paints but I'm still a bit afraid to try it. Perhaps the only thing to be afraid off is silvering effect and that is not going to happen with CF.
/Joel
__________________
Visit my FB page www.facebook.com/one12th |
|
#26
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
Quote:
![]() So I am just going to try it out and see if I can see any difference that I have missed out before. (I have the rear fender primed and painted in Gunze #2, which is gloss black to compare with) In my experience (mostly on AFV and Airplane models on which the base color are mostly matt colors), decals applied on flat surface always expose to great degree of silvering, much due to the concept where the decal is not fully attached to the surface. As long as the decal can still be pasted firmly, the silvering is visible enough to ruin the entire kit! So most of the time when I am goign to apply decals, I usually make sure the surface is gloss enough. But for CF decals, the silvering CANNOT be happening at all. So that would not make a very much difference in terms of how things ending up. But let's see if I have missed out anything when the two larger parts are covered. |
|
#27
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
I really like the exhaust. I have a question, though. The things that the springs attach to--where did you get them? Or, did you make them? If so, how did you make them? I can't seem to find a good reference pic so I can make my own or find a place to buy 'em here in the States...
Daniel |
|
#28
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
Quote:
The mounts bringing the springs together are just metal rods that I found handy from my mum's utilities. Those plastic bags for putting food into refrig are usually carrying some wires; same for electronic devices where their wires are wrapped up. ![]() I've found these thin metal wire very useful when doing model kits. So I have "Stolen" many of those from my mum~ They are easily banded and sticked on the exhaust with super glue. Last edited by joeyko2000; 06-24-2009 at 03:13 AM. |
|
#29
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
Great idea on the wires
![]() I'm starting to feel curiosity for the carbon fiber techniques... Roca. |
|
#30
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang
So, here is comes after a couple of nights of decal works (I can now only sit on my bench for 1 or at most 2 hours every night on weekdays...)
the fender is a glossy surface(base?) and the airbox is a matt surface(base) for the CF decals. ![]() As the pic shows, the difference is minimal to what the finish looks like. But I can tell the texture of the surface is a slightly different, just as the matt surface is rougher than that of a gloss surface. but after all, both things are to be coated with Clear coat and that will not be of any difference afterwards. I have actually revisited the post before http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=954716 and I should say, i will still stick on what i was thinking about the silvering and the decal sticking better on smoother surface. It is up to any situation where the object is desired to be in a rougher texture(just a little rough) and if it is to be coated with clear coat. Hope this little test did not confuse anyone......XD |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|