-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-12-2002, 01:06 PM
Cjeanlouis Cjeanlouis is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What size rims on 92 Accord?

I'm going be be buying a 92 Accord (EX-R here in Canada) in about 2 weeks and I was wondering what size rims it comes with, I'm assuming it has 15", but I want to be sure. Also, what is the biggest size rim I can go with without the wheel rubbing, or causing any other problems?
Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-12-2002, 01:59 PM
strodda strodda is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,297
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well if youre gonna keep it stock height, you could probably go up to 19" or 20's if they make them. and if you are gonna lower them, stop at 18's. but id personally go with 16 or 17's. their size is more proportionate to the accord.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-13-2002, 02:21 AM
kicker1_solo's Avatar
kicker1_solo kicker1_solo is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,780
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to kicker1_solo Send a message via Yahoo to kicker1_solo
I would go with 16s cause it would be a smoother ride with less wheel weight. But 17s would also be fine.
__________________
2000 BMW 323IT
1954 Ford F100
With every post my penis grows smaller

Yakima Valley Truck Club Yakima Washington

Last edited by kicker1_solo; 09-14-2002 at 01:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2002, 09:52 PM
Atariallstar's Avatar
Atariallstar Atariallstar is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,349
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Atariallstar
Thumbs up

american ex's that year come with 15's so i assume the canadian ex-r would have the same... as for rim size. you could go with 16's if your less concerned with how your car looks and just want a better road handling feel. or you could go for something more looks oriented and get 17's, just make sure your offsets are correct for your car. and 18's are possible but you sacrifce your ride quality greatly just for the look of it.
__________________
94 accord-currently being sold
(brands only)
racing hart/wingswest/honda of japan/clutchmasters/aem/greddy-trust/ingalls/dc sport

jdmclub sux for swaps.....5 months and overpriced in the end.
the future is near ! ! !
buyin another hatch so if you have one. let me know.
just bought 94 civic cx hatch
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-13-2002, 11:28 PM
Cjeanlouis Cjeanlouis is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ok, I probably should I said that I plan on lowering it, probably only 1.5", maybe a bit more, depending on what kind of a price I can get on lowering springs.

If it came with 14's, then I'll probably only go to 16's, but if it came with 15's, then I'll probably go up to 17's. The roads up here aren't the greatest, so I'd probably bust a rim in no time if I went all the way up to 18's.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-20-2002, 04:48 PM
Duatone Duatone is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 243
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maybe you guys drive on really crappy, and i mean crappy roads, but I've had 18's on my 4th gen forthe last year and a half, and I don't think that it gave me a "worse ride" than any other sized wheel iveh ad on there, Sure, when you get a bigger wheel and a smaller sidewall, of course it'll be a little stiffer, than a ballon tire, but as for me i am doing just fine, 18's are the way to go, and they don't look bad stuffed in the fender well. But hey, i guess this is just my opinion isnt't it?
__________________
so far:
1990 accord ex
JDM F22B DOHC/Nakayama cold air intake/Nakayama exhaust/18" Enkei Zoku painted black/Yokohama Parada Spec II/Full air ride/shaved doors & mouldings/VIS R34 front bumper blah blah blah...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-20-2002, 10:52 PM
93speed's Avatar
93speed 93speed is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 881
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This link will help you a ton when choosing a tire to go with your new rims

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Thought I'd post it now to save you some trouble
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-22-2002, 11:44 AM
wagsaccordsir's Avatar
wagsaccordsir wagsaccordsir is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 650
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey 93speed that is a kewl calculator; I have never seen anything like it... I will have to pass it around...
__________________
MY ACCORD ON KENWOOD'S PHOTO GALLERY

MY ACCORD ON CARDOMAIN


"CHEAP THRILLS"
I DON'T CARE HOW MANY SKY DIVES YOU'VE GOT. UNTIL YOU'VE STEPPED OUT INTO COMPLETE DARKNESS AT 850' WEARING 95LBS. OF EQUIPMENT AND 68LBS. OF PARACHUTE. YOU JUST HAVEN'T LIVED.
ARMY AIRBORNE!!!
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I was wondering, what size rim do you like? KhmerLaoster Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail 9 01-11-2006 03:43 PM
what size rims can i fit????? myeclipseisnicer Off-Topic 3 06-04-2003 02:40 AM
what size rims wuntrakmin General Discussion 0 06-18-2002 01:07 AM
what size rims????? delsol210 '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV 3 04-24-2002 07:29 AM
what size rims should go on a 1994 civic h/b civicrunner* Exterior | bodykits | Lighting 2 03-03-2002 08:19 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts