-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Non Specific
Register FAQ Community
Non Specific This is the forum to post and generalized racing questions.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Chad82 Chad82 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chad82
Anyone know of a good freight company for an engine?

Just bought a new pontiac 400 for my project car and now need a way to get it here. I've heard of R&L Carrier before but looking if there are any other options for cheap freighting.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Polygon's Avatar
Polygon Polygon is offline
The Red Baron
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,823
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Anyone know of a good freight company for an engine?

How cheap are you looking for? If you want it here in one piece then expect to pay between $600 and $1,000 depending on the distance.

Last edited by Polygon; 10-12-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Chad82 Chad82 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chad82
Re: Anyone know of a good freight company for an engine?

No specific price I am wanting, just as cheap as possible from a reputable freighter. R&L is going to be about $610 from TX to WA depending on the final weight. $610 is a baseline that I can live with and still makes the engine ~$!k less than I could buy a similar one locally, but if I can save more money I'd love to do that.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Polygon's Avatar
Polygon Polygon is offline
The Red Baron
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,823
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Anyone know of a good freight company for an engine?

Well, then I'll be no help. That's cheaper than anything I could find coming from Michigan to Utah. I can tell you that no matter what, do NOT use DAS.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2008, 11:16 PM
GForce957's Avatar
GForce957 GForce957 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,654
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Anyone know of a good freight company for an engine?

I was able to ship a car for 500 bucks from texas to north carolina, you should be able to find cheaper then that for an engine. I used a search engine that put in quotes for a bunch of different freights, then picked the one that was a good price and had a good rep.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Chad82 Chad82 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chad82
Re: Anyone know of a good freight company for an engine?

do you remember who you used?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-13-2008, 12:33 AM
GForce957's Avatar
GForce957 GForce957 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,654
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Anyone know of a good freight company for an engine?

Yeah I just checked and they are Cosmos Auto Transport

Cosmos Auto Inc.
877-241-2375 toll free
714-871-6900
714-871-6996 fax

www.cosmosautotransport.com
[email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Chad82 Chad82 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chad82
Re: Anyone know of a good freight company for an engine?

So total cost was $475.76 from Dallas to Olympia WA. Was indoor pick up from a residential delivered to a commercial dock and freighted weight was 648 pounds. Took 3 days to get there. Used R&L Carriers and I would recommend them if anyone else ever needs to ship an engine.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-12-2008, 06:19 AM
kris's Avatar
kris kris is offline
Off playing with fire.
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 22
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Re: Anyone know of a good freight company for an engine?

FedEX freight also for future reference.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Chad82 Chad82 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chad82
Re: Anyone know of a good freight company for an engine?

I had done a quote with fedex freight but it was like $1000 more than the quote I got from R&L, though it did have a field for "discount" but I couldn't find anywhere that would tell you what discount you would get.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-13-2008, 11:39 PM
kris's Avatar
kris kris is offline
Off playing with fire.
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 22
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Re: Anyone know of a good freight company for an engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad82
I had done a quote with fedex freight but it was like $1000 more than the quote I got from R&L, though it did have a field for "discount" but I couldn't find anywhere that would tell you what discount you would get.

Wow, that's crazy. Been a while since I used them though.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-14-2008, 12:11 AM
CivRacer95's Avatar
CivRacer95 CivRacer95 is offline
srs biznis
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,658
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95
Re: Anyone know of a good freight company for an engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
Wow, that's crazy. Been a while since I used them though.
tsk tsk tsk....poor bastard fell out of the loop...

Good to see you still come around.
__________________
AF Guidelines. Read and play nicely :
Just Click Here!



Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Non Specific


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts