-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-02-2008, 09:08 AM
glss421 glss421 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hud Vs. Speedometer

I have a 99' GTP with 90k. Everything seems to be in working order but my speedometer shows that I'm traveling about 3 or 4 mph less than my HUD. Is this normal?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-02-2008, 09:21 AM
tblake's Avatar
tblake tblake is offline
In God We Trust
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,971
Thanks: 4
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Send a message via MSN to tblake
Re: Hud Vs. Speedometer

mine too isnt perfectly on. I think my HUD shouws 58 when my guage shows 60. I think the HUD is more accurate, or at least was last time I passed one of those speed traps.

I think its normal
__________________
-2000 Grand Prix GTP 170,000mi (daily driver)
-2000 Olds Alero 100,000mi (soon to be DD with gas at $3.45/gal)
-1997 Chev K1500 4x4 115,000mi (Natalie's truck [nans_grandprix])


AF "2.0" Community Guidelines

Conservative Victory 2012!!!

"I'll Keep my Guns, Freedom, and Money. You can Keep the Change!"

----->>>>> Did You Know? <<<<<-----
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-02-2008, 10:10 AM
JonJon68 JonJon68 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 524
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via AIM to JonJon68 Send a message via MSN to JonJon68 Send a message via Yahoo to JonJon68
Re: Hud Vs. Speedometer

x2. Every time I come upon a radar my HUD is right on the money. My guage is really close too give or take a few MPH's..
__________________
1997 GPGT 3.8 Dark Teal Metallic. 222000

4 door sedan
No Mods
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-2008, 10:19 AM
BNaylor's Avatar
BNaylor BNaylor is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,017
Thanks: 30
Thanked 54 Times in 42 Posts
Re: Hud Vs. Speedometer

X3!

Normal since the HUD is digital and the speedo gauge at the IP is analog. Digital is more accurate. I get a 2-3 mph difference between the two.



__________________

'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8
'02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6
'99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6
'03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold)
Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-2008, 03:59 PM
grandprixgtx00's Avatar
grandprixgtx00 grandprixgtx00 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 989
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to grandprixgtx00
Re: Hud Vs. Speedometer

X4 if it helps at all haha

on both the GT and GTX the HUD is apx 3MPH over the regular speedometer. i always trust the HUD.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-02-2008, 06:15 PM
FullyAvenged's Avatar
FullyAvenged FullyAvenged is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Hud Vs. Speedometer

Got pulled over for going 72 in a 55. When I saw the cop I looked down and my HUD said 72. HE asked how fast he thought I was going I didnt answer. He said he had clocked me at 72......

Basterd wrote the ticket for the actual too..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-2008, 09:01 PM
doctorhrdware doctorhrdware is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,352
Thanks: 12
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: Hud Vs. Speedometer

The radar signs that the police put out in the high traffic zones like school zones. That radar is not very accurate. I have a friend that works for a local department in the area I live in. We used the car radar and compared it to the radar sign. It was off by 2.5 miles per hr on the high side.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts