|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Non Specific This is the forum to post and generalized racing questions. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Track closed down, yet again
Well I wanted to get some drag racing time slips, and hopefully show Maxxus what it is like at the track. Unfortunately the dumbasses at Famoso shut the track down, yet again (This makes it twice now). They cite that they need more rubber (Duh, yeah, maybe that's what i'd be putting down there). It can be read on here:
http://www.famosoraceway.com/ All in all it stinks, cause I probably won't be able to get track times this year now. My apologies go out to Maxxus, as I know you really wanted to go. I really don't know of any tracks to go to that are worthwhile now in Southern California.
__________________
2001 MR2 Spyder Magnaflow Muffler and OBX CAI. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Track closed down, yet again
could always Gtech it... just for some rough ideas.
__________________
2003 Chevy 1500HD - Hauler 1971 Chevy Camaro RS - Track Car User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Track closed down, yet again
Yeah, actually Danno and I plan on doing that either later on today, or Sunday. We might videotape it as well.
Danno really wants to run 13's, and I think it's more then possible. On these drag radials my car dead hooks, so I dunno if I really wanna flog it, as most people will consider it BS times, and I will be risking blowing out the rearend, but I may just do it anyways. Say Matt, do you still have your gtech, and what is the 240 running with it?
__________________
2001 MR2 Spyder Magnaflow Muffler and OBX CAI. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Track closed down, yet again
Yeah, I still have my Gtech Pro... never bothered to time it.
I don't think it counts that high.
__________________
2003 Chevy 1500HD - Hauler 1971 Chevy Camaro RS - Track Car User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here. |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Track closed down, yet again
Quote:
I don't think it's that slow. I read somewhere that they run in the 16's stock. Not exactly a drag strip terror, but I know you're not keeping that engine in there for long. Should be interesting to see what the next engine puts out power wise. Hopefully not too insane, as all my buddies with high horsepower cars seem to be unable to hook if their lives depended on it (Try to keep it under 450whp).
__________________
2001 MR2 Spyder Magnaflow Muffler and OBX CAI. |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Track closed down, yet again
Quote:
Batteries don't last that long
__________________
96 3000gt vr4 -K&N FIPK -Proboost mbc -Cusco front + rear strut bars -Greddy type-s -ATR downpipe -no cats -15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly. Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Track closed down, yet again
Ha, jokes on you, it runs off the cigarette lighter with an adapter!
1971 240z should run 17.1... in stock form. Which mine is, but it's 35 years old. So, I'd say in the 20s easy.
__________________
2003 Chevy 1500HD - Hauler 1971 Chevy Camaro RS - Track Car User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here. |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Track closed down, yet again
Quote:
Does the car battery last that long
__________________
96 3000gt vr4 -K&N FIPK -Proboost mbc -Cusco front + rear strut bars -Greddy type-s -ATR downpipe -no cats -15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly. Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical. |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Track closed down, yet again
Sometimes not.
__________________
2003 Chevy 1500HD - Hauler 1971 Chevy Camaro RS - Track Car User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here. |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Track closed down, yet again
too bad all these tracks are closing down, they are just promoting street racing....o well.....isn't it what hollywood wants us to do so they can make another movie about it?
__________________
2008 Mazda 6 ATX 2.3 Liters of Slowness For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car. |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Track closed down, yet again
so you DONT want them to lay down a new traction surface?
|
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Track closed down, yet again
Yes.. yes they do.
__________________
2003 Chevy 1500HD - Hauler 1971 Chevy Camaro RS - Track Car User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here. |
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Track closed down, yet again
Quote:
It's twice now that they've done this (The track has been closed for several months). Right now i'd have no alternative other then to go to LACR (DA 5-6K feet). Fromp that!!
__________________
2001 MR2 Spyder Magnaflow Muffler and OBX CAI. |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Track closed down, yet again
what about Irwindale?
It's only a 1/8 but it's better than nothing.
__________________
Dr. Disque - Current cars: 2008 BMW 135i M-Sport 2011 Mazda2 Touring Past cars: 2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT 1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec |
|
#15
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Track closed down, yet again
Quote:
I think if I run into money i'll open up a track in Southern California.
__________________
2001 MR2 Spyder Magnaflow Muffler and OBX CAI. |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|