-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-17-2006, 12:47 AM
suburban_joe suburban_joe is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Am I being scammed??????

I have some headers for salein a magazine here in California which also shows up online, I am asking $250 and this person emails me supposedly from another country saying they want them then disappears now another shows up with the same exact scenerio, will send a money order before he gets the product then have a "shipper" pick them up as soon as I get the $ order but the kicker here is this person says he will give me $350 to keep other buyers off ......anyone here think that sounds fishy? Has anyone heard of people pulling fake money order scams?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-17-2006, 02:30 AM
suburban_joe suburban_joe is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Am I being scammed??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_joe
I have some headers for salein a magazine here in California which also shows up online, I am asking $250 and this person emails me supposedly from another country saying they want them then disappears now another shows up with the same exact scenerio, will send a money order before he gets the product then have a "shipper" pick them up as soon as I get the $ order but the kicker here is this person says he will give me $350 to keep other buyers off ......anyone here think that sounds fishy? Has anyone heard of people pulling fake money order scams?
I checked out some info and its most likely a scam...better to be safe than sorry!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-17-2006, 07:46 AM
MagicRat's Avatar
MagicRat MagicRat is offline
Nothing scares me anymore
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 10,702
Thanks: 12
Thanked 82 Times in 77 Posts
Re: Am I being scammed??????

scam scam scam!!
This is an obvious scam, and it's getting pretty old. The jist is that the money order is fake and will bounce like a bad check. But by the time your bank tells you its bad you have already shipped the product.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-17-2006, 03:29 PM
chuy22 chuy22 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 83
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Am I being scammed??????

I had an offer to buy my tow hitch to my astro. Someone claiming they were from france and was going to send me $1100 in a money order. $100 for the hitch, $100 for my trouble of getting the thing cashed and $100 shipping and handling. The rest I was to send back to them. They keept emailing me but I never received anything. This is definately a scam. They are working through recycler.com. Thats how they got my info. Be careful every one.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-17-2006, 10:50 PM
'97ventureowner's Avatar
'97ventureowner '97ventureowner is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,311
Thanks: 3
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Re: Am I being scammed??????

This sounds similar to a scam that is still perpetrated online. It usually entails the sale of a car where the seller receives an email from someone outside the US and they want to send some form of payment that is way more than the asking price of the vehicle. The seller is supposed to cash whatever the form of payment, keep a small amount for their troubles, and send back the remainder. What happens is by the time the money is sent back, the bank notifies the seller that the form of payment is invalid, and the seller is stuck with refunding the bank the full amount. There have been reports in our local papers and on tv of people in our area that have been scammed in this manner, and this scam seems to claim new victims everyday.
__________________
Thought for the Day… Alcohol does not make you fat - It makes you lean... against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people.



If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts