-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-10-2005, 11:19 AM
scottsee scottsee is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,677
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to scottsee
We Need Change. Read Please!!!

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=480720

I have taken the liberty at my own expence in saying what I feel is nessary to move on as a community. Please take the time and read what I have to say, and vote. Your Opinions matter most. Please feel free to comment
__________________
DSM geek
  #2  
Old 11-10-2005, 12:10 PM
l_eclipse_l's Avatar
l_eclipse_l l_eclipse_l is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,772
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I voted yes. Hopefully they will look at this seriously, and action will be taken. I must remind people that this is not to bash Josh, he has done all he can with what has been given to him. It is simply a request for someone to help him.
__________________
'92 3000gt SL

Zoom Stage 1 Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjewer1
I disagree. Better is better. Bigger is just bigger.

I just made that up, and I like it.
  #3  
Old 11-10-2005, 12:29 PM
-Josh-'s Avatar
-Josh- -Josh- is offline
Automotive love doctor
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,000
Thanks: 50
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Send a message via AIM to -Josh-
Re: We Need Change. Read Please!!!

I've already turned in my nomination for a second moderator, and it's being evaluated. I will not say who it is, but i will say it's someone you all KNOW and TRUST.

Scottsee, i haven't gotten respect from you from day one, and i havent expected it from you or anyone. You'll get your second moderator, but most of the stuff you've said today ARE indirect shots at what i've done/trying to do, and would have served better in PM's. If you dont want me as your moderator then dont side step the wording, come right out and say it. That's all i'm going to say in this thread. Vote as you will people...I wont lock either thread.
__________________
Self improvement is masturbation


AF User Guidelines



What is a mippie? - click
  #4  
Old 11-10-2005, 02:40 PM
gthompson97's Avatar
gthompson97 gthompson97 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97
Re: Re: We Need Change. Read Please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Josh-
Scottsee, i haven't gotten respect from you from day one, and i havent expected it from you or anyone. You'll get your second moderator, but most of the stuff you've said today ARE indirect shots at what i've done/trying to do, and would have served better in PM's. If you dont want me as your moderator then dont side step the wording, come right out and say it. That's all i'm going to say in this thread. Vote as you will people...I wont lock either thread.
i voted yes in the poll because i DO believe that a second or even third moderator would help greatly with the growth of the community.

i also agree with josh though too. scotsee, you've posted negative or negative-pointed comments about things josh has done or is doing all the time. also it seems to me that since the banning of jake and joe, your help has turned more or less from technical help to complaining about things that josh has/hasn't done.

the banning of jake/joe hasn't had an impact on just you, everyone in the community feels it. i agree that alot has changed, but losing TWO moderators almost simultaneously that put in lots of hard work into this forum will have a significant impact on the forum. i doubt the form will ever be the same again, whether it be better or worse than it was in the past.

BIG changes take time to fix so just sit back and be patient.
__________________
95 Talon TSI AWD

97 Eclipse GST

  #5  
Old 11-10-2005, 02:49 PM
scottsee scottsee is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,677
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to scottsee
Re: We Need Change. Read Please!!!

Josh, I can promiss you, this isn't about you, its about the community. I don't know you, and you havn't tryed to get to know us. I respect you and your decisions, what you can, have and will do for us. We just need more help then what you can provide at the moment.

No, those are *not* indirrect, dirrect, or otherwise slanderish remarks about your performance as a moderator. They are evaluations of the forum based off what I see day to day. I'm sorry you feel I don't have respect for you. I do.

This thread is not about you and I, this is about making AF a better community. Lets focus on that.
__________________
DSM geek
  #6  
Old 11-10-2005, 02:54 PM
hellah fresh's Avatar
hellah fresh hellah fresh is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 708
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: We Need Change. Read Please!!!

What ever happend to jake and Joewagon???
__________________


1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS -Red ****UPDATE**** My car is no more! R.I.P. 12/12/05

Mods: 420a DOHC equipped with: bored 54mm throttle, 2.5" cold air intake, 2.5 chrome headers, 2.5 Down Pipe, 2.5 resinator, 5" 2.5 flared muffler, 2.5 custom piping, Megan front & rear strut, Megan rear lower tie rod, Monroe Shocks, Aerospeed coilovers

Rollers: 18" TSW Throphy / Pirelli P7000 225/40/18
  #7  
Old 11-10-2005, 02:54 PM
scottsee scottsee is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,677
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to scottsee
Re: We Need Change. Read Please!!!

Was that poll edited to Moderators only??
__________________
DSM geek
  #8  
Old 11-10-2005, 03:39 PM
jon@af's Avatar
jon@af jon@af is offline
The Media Guy
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 6,973
Thanks: 62
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jon@af
Re: Re: We Need Change. Read Please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsee
Was that poll edited to Moderators only??
No, I think what you're seeing is the edit feature (i.e. add an option/remove and option, change a stat, etc) which is only accessible to moderators.
__________________




AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz


Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
  #9  
Old 11-10-2005, 05:58 PM
gthompson97's Avatar
gthompson97 gthompson97 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97
Re: Re: We Need Change. Read Please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellah fresh
What ever happend to jake and Joewagon???
they were banned because of their innapropriate behaviors and actions.
__________________
95 Talon TSI AWD

97 Eclipse GST

  #10  
Old 11-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Chavez408's Avatar
Chavez408 Chavez408 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,212
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chavez408 Send a message via Yahoo to Chavez408
Re: We Need Change. Read Please!!!

haha stttaaappp

i vote yes
__________________
- Its Micheal Jackson! and his black again!!! YAY!!!!!!
LandoAWD - My rolemodel!! why? because his a bad ass! beache..! and he will kick ur A$$!!

Originally Posted by Delerious93integra
and if DSM's are so great.. then why doesn't everyone own one
?


^^^ WOW!!! ^^^
  #11  
Old 11-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Thor06's Avatar
Thor06 Thor06 is offline
Jizzed In My Pants
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: We Need Change. Read Please!!!

I voted yes only because I think this is a huge forum and its not a one person job. I definately have to give Josh props though, I think hes been doing a great job.
__________________



Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
  #12  
Old 11-10-2005, 07:41 PM
ted_ex's Avatar
ted_ex ted_ex is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 274
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: We Need Change. Read Please!!!

I don't think that Josh needs to be removed as moderator. I do think that an extra moderator is necessary. Yeah it gets annoying seeing the same question over and over but that's not going to change. A lot of people come in, ask a stupid question, and never come back. I think people are a little sensitive about spelling and punctuation. If you don't like it, don't reply. If the person posts regularly like that, ignore them. I've been on this forum for longer then most people, and while I don't post a lot, I read almost every day. On a public forum you will always have to deal with dumb people, bad spellin', and reposts. I think while a lot of knowledge was lost with the shake up, the attitude has improved immensely. I think an extra moderator to help move all the stupid posts is the only real change we need. You may not agree with me but I can assure you you're wrong.
__________________
I'm>everything
  #13  
Old 11-10-2005, 07:45 PM
ted_ex's Avatar
ted_ex ted_ex is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 274
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: We Need Change. Read Please!!!

Also, if you're going to harp on grammar and spelling, you should probably not make grammar and spelling mistakes in your poll post.
__________________
I'm>everything
  #14  
Old 11-10-2005, 08:26 PM
david-b's Avatar
david-b david-b is offline
Dave is THAT guy
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,868
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b
Re: We Need Change. Read Please!!!

I would like to be a mod. I've got lots of mod experience, and for the most part, a large amount of car experience. Vote me! LOL.

But we do need another one. I'm sick and tired of seeing little kids make a post here and it takes a long time for it to get closed and that person to get banned. It wastes so much time for all of us.
__________________
2013 Chevy Sonic 1LZ
Daily Driver, 1.4L Turbo, 6spd

75 Monte Carlo
SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake...

12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded
01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP
95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP
88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP
  #15  
Old 11-10-2005, 08:37 PM
scottsee scottsee is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,677
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to scottsee
Re: Re: We Need Change. Read Please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted_ex
I don't think that Josh needs to be removed as moderator.
No one does, or has asked him to. Why does everyone keep evaluating this as a personal attack on our moderator?
__________________
DSM geek
 
Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts