Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 05:08 PM   #1
rideglamis
AF Newbie

Envoy ac unit module blank, not working

Well, I don;t really have time to complain on this board about all the problems I have had with this envoy. I cannot even explain the amount of trouble I have had. From 2 fans clutches, to lights going out... to radio problems... to stearing wheel locking up and shifter locking in reverse. I wouldn't even be so pleased to call it a lemon... I think is might be a rotten prun or something.

Anyway, I came home from a three day vacation from Catalina and my battery was dead. What the heck? Knowing the past electrivcal troubles I have had, I was like great... Anyway, I put it on a charger for a little and finallly I got it to start. Awesome. I took the charger off immediatley, hopped in the car and went for a 10 nile drive to get the charge system back running and to make sure the alternator was charging. Everything was great until I hit the end of my street (on my way out of my house) and I noticed there was no lights on in the entire ac control unit. Nothing would even turn on. ANd to make matters better... the heater is now stuck on or the vent ios stuck open and get a constant heat from the vents. Sure I closed all the vents but it still flow wildly out of the window vents.

So what do I do. I tried all fuses in the front and under the rear seat. Am I missing a breaker or fuse somewhere. I think its strange there is no power to the unit. I am trying to get info before Monday since I will be taking in my car for another.. yes third fan clutch. They said they will do it this time for 100.00 even. Is that a good deal. I have no warranty left.

Any suggestions about the ac/heater control unit?
rideglamis is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy