-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Cyprus106 Cyprus106 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,527
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Cyprus106
Phobias!!

http://www.phobialist.com/

Name it, someone's scared of it. A few of my personal favorites:


Dutchphobia- Fear of the Dutch.
Dextrophobia- Fear of objects at the right side of the body.
Defecaloesiophobia- Fear of painful bowels movements.
Coprastasophobia- Fear of constipation.
Coprophobia- Fear of feces.
Cypridophobia or Cypriphobia or Cyprianophobia or Cyprinophobia - Fear of prostitutes or venereal disease.
Chrometophobia or Chrematophobia- Fear of money.
TS, I figure you've got a nasty case of this: Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women.
Bolshephobia- Fear of Bolsheviks.
WickedNY, this is probably yours: Equinophobia- Fear of horses.
Aulophobia- Fear of flutes.
Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
Euphobia- Fear of hearing good news.
Francophobia- Fear of France or French culture. (Gallophobia, Galiophobia)
Francophobia- Fear of France or French culture. (Gallophobia, Galiophobia)
Andydg has openly admitted this to me: Ithyphallophobia- Fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erect penis.
Genophobia- Fear of sex.
Kosmikophobia- Fear of cosmic phenomenon.
Lachanophobia- Fear of vegetables.
Metrophobia- Fear of poetry.
Octophobia - Fear of the figure 8.
This must be civracer: Tachophobia- Fear of speed.
Panophobia or Pantophobia- Fear of everything.
This one's for you ci5ic: Peladophobia- Fear of bald people.
Porphyrophobia- Fear of the color purple.
Walloonphobia- Fear of the Walloons. (byp: WTF is a walloon?)
Rectophobia- Fear of rectum or rectal diseases.
Rhabdophobia- Fear of being beaten by a rod.
I actually do have this. Crazy... : Onomatophobia- Fear of hearing a certain word or of names.
Xanthophobia- Fear of the color yellow or the word yellow.
Zemmiphobia- Fear of the great mole rat. (cyp: I'm scared shitless of the great mole rat)


...And my personal favorite. I think this would absolutely SUCK to have this one. ROFL, you'd be totally screwed.
Phobophobia- Fear of phobias.
__________________
Hung by a halo or stabbed by horns, sad to say; they're both the same
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-10-2005, 03:37 PM
4trackmixtape's Avatar
4trackmixtape 4trackmixtape is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 79
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Phobias!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprus106
Porphyrophobia- Fear of the color purple.
That's me.........That movie scares the crap outta me.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-10-2005, 03:54 PM
jswillmon's Avatar
jswillmon jswillmon is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,063
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jswillmon
Re: Phobias!!

Defecaloesiophobia- Fear of painful bowels movements.
__________________
The Name's Jesse!

**Click the pic for my latest build, Daytona Blue 350z**
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-10-2005, 04:08 PM
eversio11's Avatar
eversio11 eversio11 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,952
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to eversio11
Re: Phobias!!

I actually suffer from acrophobia
__________________
"The greatest Americans have not been born yet,
they are waiting
patiently
for the past to die"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-10-2005, 04:14 PM
crayzayjay's Avatar
crayzayjay crayzayjay is offline
CFA
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 9,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Phobias!!

Kakorrhaphiophobia. Maybe.
__________________
I have a 993

This is not 'Nam, this is AF. There are rules.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-10-2005, 04:17 PM
SeXy_AnGeL's Avatar
SeXy_AnGeL SeXy_AnGeL is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,410
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SeXy_AnGeL
Re: Phobias!!

I guess I should just admit it now I have Bogyphobia.
__________________
*~*KaTe *~*

We know exactly where the one cow with mad-cow-disease is located among the millions and millions of cows in America, but we don't have a clue as to where the thousands of illegal immigrants and terrorists are located.

Maybe we should put the Department of Agriculture in charge of immigration.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-10-2005, 04:23 PM
crayzayjay's Avatar
crayzayjay crayzayjay is offline
CFA
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 9,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Phobias!!

Nice sig, Kate
__________________
I have a 993

This is not 'Nam, this is AF. There are rules.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-10-2005, 04:28 PM
SeXy_AnGeL's Avatar
SeXy_AnGeL SeXy_AnGeL is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,410
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SeXy_AnGeL
Re: Re: Phobias!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzayjay
Nice sig, Kate
What can i say? Yours was annoying me and I had to take the quote out of mine so I figured what the hell...took you long enough to notice it!



Now back on topic...how do I conquer my phobia?!
__________________
*~*KaTe *~*

We know exactly where the one cow with mad-cow-disease is located among the millions and millions of cows in America, but we don't have a clue as to where the thousands of illegal immigrants and terrorists are located.

Maybe we should put the Department of Agriculture in charge of immigration.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Cyprus106 Cyprus106 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,527
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Cyprus106
Re: Phobias!!

Hit on me. Then let me take you out on a date that includes reservations to the nicest restaurant in town. That'll probably cure it.
__________________
Hung by a halo or stabbed by horns, sad to say; they're both the same
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-10-2005, 04:44 PM
crayzayjay's Avatar
crayzayjay crayzayjay is offline
CFA
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 9,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Phobias!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeXy_AnGeL
What can i say? Yours was annoying me and I had to take the quote out of mine so I figured what the hell...took you long enough to notice it!
I thought for a second the letters might stand for... umm... never mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeXy_AnGeL
Now back on topic...how do I conquer my phobia?!
Have a nice little dig around
__________________
I have a 993

This is not 'Nam, this is AF. There are rules.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-10-2005, 05:11 PM
littleannie littleannie is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to littleannie Send a message via AIM to littleannie Send a message via Yahoo to littleannie
You didn't mention social phobia. That's fun to have.
__________________
oh no, you don't have to cry cause you're not involved
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-10-2005, 05:39 PM
-Josh-'s Avatar
-Josh- -Josh- is offline
Automotive love doctor
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,000
Thanks: 50
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Send a message via AIM to -Josh-
Re: Re: Re: Phobias!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeXy_AnGeL

Now back on topic...how do I conquer my phobia?!


Unless you get attacked by the boogeyman and end up killing him.... I dont see how.... unless you go searching for him that is. But please dont do that...
__________________
Self improvement is masturbation


AF User Guidelines



What is a mippie? - click
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-10-2005, 09:38 PM
uranium235powered's Avatar
uranium235powered uranium235powered is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 710
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia (fear of long words).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
Just be happy it wasn't one of the ultra rare Ford Mustang GT-R, with a Turbo intercooler rotary V8.
.....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-10-2005, 10:44 PM
twospirits twospirits is offline
Ex-Janitor of AF
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 8,251
Thanks: 16
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Re: Phobias!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprus106
TS, I figure you've got a nasty case of this: Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women.
Actually NO, I just have a fear of Caligyne-Meningitophobia- Fear of beautiful women with no brain disease. Example: my ex wife.

But thanks for pointing out that list to me cause now I realise that I am
no longer have the afraidToBanYouPhobia. maybe I should test my phobia out on you.

Seriously, Good list, I found out things that I did not know I actually had or went through....

When I was a kid I had...
Dishabiliophobia- Fear of undressing in front of someone.
Ecclesiophobia- Fear of church.
Nosocomephobia- Fear of hospitals. (yet I work in one now, go figure)
Scolionophobia- Fear of school.
Syngenesophobia- Fear of relatives. (with relatives like mine...)

As a teenager..
Philophobia- Fear of falling in love or being in love. (Got over that real quick)
Dentophobia- Fear of dentists.
Epistaxiophobia- Fear of nosebleeds. (too many school yard fights)

When I was married...
Novercaphobia- Fear of your step-mother.
Vitricophobia- Fear of step-father.
Nostophobia- Fear of returning home. (because of the previous two and wife)

Now..
Philophobia- Fear of falling in love or being in love. (again)
Gamophobia- Fear of marriage. (again due to Philophobia)
Gerascophobia- Fear of growing old. Duh
Microphobia & Mycrophobia- Fear of small things. (and yet I am not afraid of Moppie, go figure)
Politicophobia- Fear or abnormal dislike of politicians.
Pteromerhanophobia- Fear of flying. (since 911)
Xylophobia- Fear of wooden objects. (no longer, I now carry a ban stick)

TS out
__________________
The more the members are involved in the process of development, the better we will be as a community of Automobile enthusiasts. Have a suggestion to make the community better, let us know.
Remember, the "No" is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes"

Members please read: Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-11-2005, 12:55 AM
RickwithaTbird's Avatar
RickwithaTbird RickwithaTbird is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,527
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RickwithaTbird Send a message via MSN to RickwithaTbird Send a message via Yahoo to RickwithaTbird
Re: Phobias!!

I've got:

dohrasaphobia - fear of play doh made to look like an eraser.

nobatophobia- fear of running out of Batman underwear

Arachniphobia - Bought it from blockbuster last week.

phobopostophobia- fear of posting about phobias. (it was really tough to do this, omg, im so glad its over)
__________________
R.I.P.: My Thunderbird "Ricks 96".. 2/08/96 - 1/14/05.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts