Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 10:54 AM   #16
logik23
Banned

Send a message via MSN to logik23
Actually, you can get downpipes that clear the steering column for the TT. McKinney has them. It's not the turbos that are in the way, it's the downpipes.
logik23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:03 PM   #17
S15_nz
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to S15_nz
Re: 5k$ on a sr20 to spend

o ok, thanks for that.

2002 S15 Silvia spec R 2
S15_nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 01:14 PM   #18
SR20DETpower
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SR20DETpower
son your just mad your cars are always shit and I always shit on you

making power with a v8 is a lot cheaper then it is for a 4 cylinder..

I don't see why some people just don't get it

displacement makes power, if you have 2 liters of displacement, and 5.7 liters of displacement, and they both flowed the same amount of air and combusted the same amount of fuel, the 5.7L would make almost 3 times as much power....... its pretty fucking basic, there is no other way around it. If it weren't true you would see 1000hp weedeater engines.

oh and BTW

forged pistons
forged rods
ported and polished heads
comp cam
comp roller lifters
springs
retainers
ported and polished intake manifold
= 425rwhp reliable every day for about 80,000 miles.....
add the 200 shot of Nitrous on there =625hp

so still even without the spray, the buildup would be even cheaper, and still have more power then the 5k sr20det buildup....

man open your eyes and see the light, your fucking blind

learn how engines work then maybe you will learn how they make power, and which ones are capable of making more power.

i'll let you in on a little secret

how engines make power:

compress air, compress fuel, ignite, scavenge fumes.....

now thats all an engine basically does... the more room you have for this procedure to take place, cough displacement, cough.... the more power you make...

it is so basic I think a retarded 2nd grader could figure it out after being told a few times.. I wonder about you though Mynismo ricer
SR20DETpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 01:21 PM   #19
mynismo
yada yada yada

Send a message via AIM to mynismo

sr20detpower is on crack people, be aware

you are on crack you fucking fuck. no one wants to build you're unreliable 2500whp beasts because they are fucking gay.

and you are fucking gay. you unreliable fuck.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:45 PM   #20
Pavlo
AF Enthusiast

Its funny how all of you put big ingectors, bb turbos..... All of you forgot about a very important part, cylinder head. You will need a nice head gasket, valve springs to prevent valve float, and maybe valve stoppers(think thats what its called) they anable you to rev harder and safer. Also possible titanium retainers, & valves themself.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:10 PM   #21
LaYzIeNoY
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to LaYzIeNoY
i agree with the other on the part list
oh ya but if you want power i would skip the body kit/rims part for now, performance over looks, and besides it hurts the other person more when they see things being held on by duct tape and shop ties LoL

well if i had that money to spend at the time of the swap
since i live in florida i would go to XAT racing as they offer packages which include many of the things listed by the people on this thread

www.xatracing.com

they have an upgrade package claiming 400rwhp $5300 installed on the sr20det
and they let you keep the A/c
LaYzIeNoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 05:08 PM   #22
SR20DETpower
Banned

5300 for an install on parts

lets say 2000 for the 240sx

lets say 2000 for the SR20

1000 to install

so your up to 10,300 dollars for a 240sx with 400rwhp.... that isn't that good and its certainly not cheap.

if you went the KA-T route, you could spare the 3 grand on the Sr and installation fee, and 5300 bucks would build up a nice KA-T setup... 3,000 bucks is a lot of money in my book.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:10 PM   #23
R.W.240
Banned

VK45DE anyone?

I think that would be teh hotsauce.

VK45DE..........................2000ish
Custom Mounts.................800ish
HKS F-Con......................1600ish
some sort of tranny..........1000ish
Dump pipes.......................200ish
A Punched out IRL motor..Priceless

that would be a good 340whp too. and who wouldnt love talking about it
austrialia would be like... "WTF mate" and you would say "thatz be a V-8"
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:19 PM   #24
SR20DETpower
Banned

LMFAO that wuz good

I like the 5.6L titan engine more though, that sucker has some torque...

they are said to be built the same, if not better then the Q45 motor. Now I don't know how the motors differ in terms of cam performance. The Titan is obviously a truck motor, which requires more torque down low then any other engine and thusly its top end suffers....

I've never drive a car with either motor so Im just talking out my ass

On the other hand, the Q45 might have a better topend or rev out quicker... however that displacement makes a difference, and you might be able to swap in some Q45 cams... and that would be badass.

in reality

the only reason why I think if your going V8, do it right with a proper v8. American iron has more displacement, and is generally easier to maintain then an import v8. The q45 motor isn't a KA24de, it will need more work and a lot more money... more then an american v8 would. I'd say swap in a Chevy LT1 350 from the 94-95 era. These motors have GREAT fuel injection, and the intake manifold is not as tall as other fuel injected systems for v8's. I like them better then the LS1, the LT1 is more like a tradational Small block chevy, while the LS1 is totally different. The LT1 can be bought in pre OBD II years, and I HATE obd-II. With serious mods both of those motors will make similar hp, so its really what engine you prefer. If you wanted something stock reliable and just badass, Id go with a LS6 from the corvette z06. Id pay money to see that in a 240sx.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:07 PM   #25
PHASEzero
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to PHASEzero Send a message via MSN to PHASEzero Send a message via Yahoo to PHASEzero
or or or ....slap a 514 in it....
PHASEzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 09:26 PM   #26
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
Re: Re: 5k$ on a sr20 to spend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynismo
sr20detpower is on crack people, be aware

you are on crack you fucking fuck. no one wants to build you're unreliable 2500whp beasts because they are fucking gay.

and you are fucking gay. you unreliable fuck.
umm good to see you know EVERYTHING about the SBC just like SR20 does

with his build up that will out last your motor my and my motor and be enough power that we could weld them together and still lose a dyno shoot out.

I myself will get flamed but SBF > SBC esp when it comes to wrenchin on them

i love the ls1/6 but i'd be scared to change the oil but i wouldn't flinch on a 99 corba header install.

ok back to topic

i'd just get a buch of stickers and some hamburgers
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:43 PM   #27
SR20DETpower
Banned

actually the general consensus is that Chevies make more power then Ford's.. are more fuel effecient, are cheaper to maintain, and are most certainly easier to work on...

I see a lot of chevy and ford trucks at the transmission shop.. now just driving them or being your average user you won't be able to tell much of a difference. But when you have them up on a lift you can immediately see how much of a difference there is. Ford trucks look like they are all nig-rigged, the engineering on them plainly sucks.. in comparison the Chevy trucks are a lot more simple and streamlined.. they looked like they put a lot more effort into the design then Ford, and the proof of the pudding is chevy has used that frame for decades now, while ford has gone through a couple re designs....

compare lets say both 1995 1500 style trucks, take a look at the frame, suspension, crossmembers, and especially how everything is rigged around the transmission. Explorer's, Vans, Pickups are all engineered real shitty.. its like all their engineers have never turned a wrench on a car.

when you work on an average of 4 different cars every day for 45 hours a week, you get to really see how cars are built and you also get to drive a lot of different cars and see what you really like... I've probably driven more different types of cars at work then 90% of the people on the entire AF system. The only nissans I haven't driven is the Titan, new Maxima, 350z, and the Q45.. however I have ridden in some early Q's before I was driving age. I've driven jaguar's, rolls royces, grand nationals, studebakers, trucks, vans, mini vans, fast performance modified cars, cheapest of the cheap shitboxes.. I've seen almost all of it man and im only 21, I hate to think of what it will be like in 20 years.... in the next 10 years though my brother and I will probably take over the shop and we want to turn it more into a performance shop, or atleast do some shit like that on the weekends.. I don't care I could work on cars 7 days a week, I really enjoy it.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:37 AM   #28
J SPEC SilEighty
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to J SPEC SilEighty

make it do this...

Old 10-02-2004, 07:31 AM   #29
SR20DETpower
Banned

haha probably about 650-700 lbs of torque on the launch from that LT1 in a s13 will probably match that if not best it

thats a nice pic tho thanks, I love when they take pics of launches and you can see the slicks sidewalls deforming

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX