|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Engine Mounts
I began experiencing a slight vibration coming from the engine which you can feel in the steering wheel and brake petal. This stared about a week after purchasing my 2003 LeSabre. The dealer has checked the vehicle out and says that this vibration is common in the LeSabre. Later, I noticed that when you shift gears between drive and reverse (while the car is stopped)the engine moves back and forth about an inch. I realize that the torque would cause this and the engine mounts do have some play in them, but I have never seen an engine move this much. You can actually watch the motor mount rise each time the gears are shifted. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Engine Mounts
An inch of movement isn't abnormal. It is next to impossible to remove all vibrations from a production line car, some vibrations are normal or cannot be removed. If you had less movement in your mounts you would feel the vibrations even more, the harder the mounts the more vibrations they would transmit. Your mounts have a liquid inside of them to act as a shcok absorber and are called hydraulic mounts which are designed to absorb vibrations so you get more movement from them.
__________________
Shop Foreman Buick Pontiac and GMC dealership ASE Master Tech ASE Advanced L1 GM Master tech Licensed Aviation mechanic |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Engine Mounts
I am imclined to CHECK IGNITION COILS and the spark plugs and wires. A car that new should run very, very smooth. Even my 86 doesn't vibrate like you are describing. It might move a little when I goose it, but otherwise it doesn't.
I wish I had Hydrolic motor mounts... |
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|