Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > MR2/MR-S
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 12:03 AM   #16
jennmr2
AF Newbie

Yeh, I think my boyfriend and I feel mutual about our relationship and think we are both lucky!

The guys that critisized didn't really bother me because you have to be able to take criticism from people. No matter what, even if you're the epitome of beautiful, you would definitely still get some sort of criticism. That post was definitely flattering though. I usually don't get what I would consider nice comments about myself, I just get obnoxious guys who try to pick me up with the "Hey BABY!"

Real lame.
jennmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 02:35 AM   #17
94mr2turbo
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to 94mr2turbo
Quote:
Originally posted by jennmr2
Yeh, I think my boyfriend and I feel mutual about our relationship and think we are both lucky!

The guys that critisized didn't really bother me because you have to be able to take criticism from people. No matter what, even if you're the epitome of beautiful, you would definitely still get some sort of criticism. That post was definitely flattering though. I usually don't get what I would consider nice comments about myself, I just get obnoxious guys who try to pick me up with the "Hey BABY!"

Real lame.

Nice attitude! It will get you far. You definetely don't seem like the type of gurl that uses guys for their car, or their money. Thatz good to see

94 J-SPEC MR2 GT-S TURBO
Mods: Way too many to list!!

1995 FTO GPX MIVEC
Mods: HKS 2.5inch exhaust, K&N airfilter, Hurricane Extractors, Unichip piggyback ECU, 18 inch Trilogy's, King springs all round SOLD replaced by:

2000 Subaru WRX
94mr2turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 11:57 PM   #18
drazhartd
AF Enthusiast

Re: All youngin mr2 drivers I need Your help

I think her insurance is only $54 because she's not listed as the main driver and only has liability?

I'm nearly 18, driven everyday for a year and a half with no tickets or violations of any kind. I got the smart kid discount (3.6gpa) took the driving class, watched the video, added in the multiple car discount and STILL:

For a 1991 n/a mr2 with 'sport roof':

$170 a month for liability ONLY!!!!

FAH!
drazhartd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 04:55 AM   #19
wild willy
AF Newbie

Re: Re: All youngin mr2 drivers I need Your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by drazhartd
I think her insurance is only $54 because she's not listed as the main driver and only has liability?

I'm nearly 18, driven everyday for a year and a half with no tickets or violations of any kind. I got the smart kid discount (3.6gpa) took the driving class, watched the video, added in the multiple car discount and STILL:

For a 1991 n/a mr2 with 'sport roof':

$170 a month for liability ONLY!!!!

FAH!
Oh my God!!!!!!!!!! Never in a million years would I pay that much to insure such a SLOW car as my 91....WTF? 130 hp??????

I feel bad for you..that is robbery
Old 09-05-2003, 11:10 PM   #20
DaveMush
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DaveMush

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennmr2
yup! thats me..
Hey Jenn, What is the color code for that color of blue? Is it Nautical Blue?

I pay $178/month fer my insurance. and that's for my 91 MR2 N/A w/ full coverage, AND my 91 Chevy Corsica w/ the basics. (State Farm)

-Dave

Mod's: 2001 1MZ V6 engine, Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX struts, Mr2 Turbo Front dual-piston calipers, Mr2 Turbo tandem plate master cylinder, Bradi slotted rotors, H&T urethane suspension bushings, Injen cold air intake, HKS Turbo exhaust...+More

Coming Soon: Twin-Screw S/C and intercooler...
DaveMush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 11:12 PM   #21
DaveMush
AF Newbie

Random comment

Can I just say that this server sux. it took me 10 mins to make a post.

"The server is too busy. Please try again later."

ehh....

Mod's: 2001 1MZ V6 engine, Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX struts, Mr2 Turbo Front dual-piston calipers, Mr2 Turbo tandem plate master cylinder, Bradi slotted rotors, H&T urethane suspension bushings, Injen cold air intake, HKS Turbo exhaust...+More

Old 09-06-2003, 03:43 AM   #22
klohiq
AF Enthusiast

I post really early in the morning...barely anyone is on to slow the servers down ...same thing with driving...drive at night and rarely do you have to worry about cars...other than a few people way past the legal limit for alc and stupid cops who have nothing better to do than follow you for a few miles.

I was going 50 on the highway one time and a cop tailgated me when there were only 2 cars (a friend of mine was behind me about a half mile) for miles ahead and behind....maybe that cop was past the legal limit ahahahah

I digress...

I wanna see pics of this blue car...Nautical blue might be the color I get, but if there is another good color than I might choose that...2 blues were offered stock right????
Old 09-06-2003, 06:48 AM   #23
wild willy
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by klohiq

I wanna see pics of this blue car...Nautical blue might be the color I get, but if there is another good color than I might choose that...2 blues were offered stock right????
Yes.....You need to get a look at the the Aquamarine Pearl...It makes the Nautical Blue look very drab. Not to mention..it is very rare
Old 09-06-2003, 02:49 PM   #24
DaveMush
AF Newbie

Re: Re: All youngin mr2 drivers I need Your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild willy
Yes.....You need to get a look at the the Aquamarine Pearl...It makes the Nautical Blue look very drab. Not to mention..it is very rare
If you want a look at the Aquamarine Pearl, look at my profile. There's a link to pics of my car (thats my color) OR click.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

-Dave

as for Nautical Blue... I'd love to see one in person.

THIS is the color i really want. if only I knew what the color code was. its on a 97' MR2 gt in England.

Old 09-07-2003, 07:03 AM   #25
wild willy
AF Newbie

None of those pics will come up for me. It is almost impossible to capture the essence of Aquamarine Pearl on film....It wlways look like dark blue. You have to see it in person....and in the sun
Old 09-17-2003, 11:45 PM   #26
HondaChili
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to HondaChili
Insurance all depends on where your from, well since im from NYC insurance is real expensive. I ve recently bought a 1993 mr2 turbo and i had my dad by the insurance for me. The main driver listed is my dad but with me under it as well. I pay $630 a year for laibility, but thats also because my dad has perfect credit and not one accident on his record. So fact is where you're from and how your parents history is matters alot. My friend who has a 1996 240sx only pays $240 a year for liability and thats only because he lives in connecticut, just to give you an idea of the fluctuating rates. Oh yea, just so if you're wondering , i have Geico. From whaat i've heard Geico is the cheapest insurance you can buyas for premiums go, but if you fuck up once that premium will tear you a new asshole.

X 1993 MR2 Turbo X

New Project - 1997 Toyota Supra TT Limited Edition.

HondaChili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 02:54 PM   #27
klohiq
AF Enthusiast

The first second gen mr2 I've seen in years or maybe the first I've ever seen was in aquamarine pearl. Just a few days ago. Looked so nice...I think it was the turbo...91/92 also...exactly what I want. The color is a bit bright and more attention grabbing than I usually like. Like red cars, I usually stay away from anything that's really bright, but that aquamarine pearl is a really nice color...

I still can't make my decision...1995-1998 240sx or 1991-1992 mr2

I'll just get both
Old 09-19-2003, 05:19 PM   #28
drazhartd
AF Enthusiast

for practicality get the 240, for fun at a reasonable price get the mr2.

I drive a red mr2. It sucks being red... real, real bad.
drazhartd is offline   Reply With Quote