Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Af Model Contest #2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Integra14
04-14-2003, 07:08 AM
I think that AF should host another MODEL contest like before, That was wonderful, and Id like to enter my recent cars, which are better than the previous ones... Anyone else interested?

A new rule:
Previous Winners, May not enter.

:flash: :flash: :flash:

grandprix92
04-14-2003, 07:31 AM
i like the idea. but hen again, do we send pics via here or do we have to attend?

flyonthewall
04-14-2003, 07:31 AM
The AF contest was a 'Model of the Year' competition so it will happen again at he end of the year. In the meantime there is the ITR comp, rumours of a civic comp and whatever else arrises.

The previous winner rule is a bad one IMO, you scared of competition?:D

Integra14
04-14-2003, 07:39 AM
yes..

Well what bout a TEEN model comp... can i organize an af one....ALL people who entry 18<....?

bigfrit
04-14-2003, 07:48 AM
do agree with FOTW that it is a best model of the year comp.

And I guess if you want to have a monthly contest, take a look at Best model of the month (http://www.hrmodeler.com/BMOM)
which is hosted by fellow AF-er Hrmodeler , it's each omnth with great prizes.

And the youngsters one competition... I don't really know, maybe can you have a category at the AF model on the month just for the teenagers?
But I guess they will feel disadvantaged, to only compete apart. I would feel dissapointed to be put in the teenagers category... but then I m no teenager anymore ...

These are just my 0.02 €

olivier

freakray
04-14-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Integra14
Well what bout a TEEN model comp... can i organize an af one....ALL people who entry 18<....?

Then we can have one for the 18> people........

And we can have one for the newbies, and one for the seasoned modellers, and one for the people that build box-stock and one for people that modify their models and detail them, and one for imports and one for muscle cars, and one for regular domestics and one for members from Europe and one for members from Canada......

Sorry, getting carried away there:D

PRoJeX
04-14-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by freakray

And we can have one for the newbies, and one for the seasoned modellers, and one for the people that build box-stock and one for people that modify their models and detail them, and one for imports and one for muscle cars, and one for regular domestics and one for members from Europe and one for members from Canada......

ahhahahahahaha :D

PRoJeX
04-14-2003, 08:27 AM
i'm up for the teen comp btw

k_dog
04-14-2003, 08:38 AM

Thats funny stuff......

Sorry I havent been here long enough to make a good response to this.
From what I hear it doesnt sound like a bad idea to maybe split up the age groups. Yet I agree that now is not the right time, simply becuase there IS plenty of contests going on right now including the Rally Contest and the ITR Comp.

Forhod
04-14-2003, 08:51 AM
Yup.. Agree..
Currently there is 2 competition going on..
I prefer that the AF Competition to be held at the End of the Year~

Eh.. it would be challanging if the previous winner join again since it is only once a year. ;) :D

supratuner
04-14-2003, 08:52 AM
i agree with FOTW, im already trying to amek plans for a model that will blow every one away,

flyonthewall
04-14-2003, 08:53 AM
yes..

Personally I think the idea of a Junior or 'teen' comp of some sort is a good one. If you get plenty of interest, i'm sure that you will, then i don't see why there can't be a comp. It would be best to have one of the Mods organise it though, hey i may even donate a prize!
>
>
>
>
BTW, I lied about my age, i shall be 16 next month;)

k_dog
04-14-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by flyonthewall

BTW, I lied about my age, i shall be 16 next month;)

I hope that's not true....lol

ales
04-14-2003, 12:14 PM

And one for Estonia! :p

BTW, well put, Olivier.

fullbloodchop01
04-14-2003, 12:19 PM

those are really some good ideas:D

Camber
04-14-2003, 01:12 PM
I like the Import idea, but then again, Like every entry was an import , Except for the winner lol :confused:

ChopinPorkChop
04-14-2003, 01:51 PM
i think if you want to make a competition thn you should be aloud to and (if the mods could pin it) then you(who started comp) have to organize and such.. so anyone wanna start one? import comp is a little big i guess... anyone have more ideas?

oh and teen comp is good idea, but whats your idea of teen? 13 -19? my teen is like 12-15/16

Jay!
04-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by ChopinPorkChop
oh and teen comp is good idea, but whats your idea of teen? 13 -19? my teen is like 12-15/16 Just a reminder: You can't be an AF member if you are 13 or younger, due to AF's compliance policy with COPPA.

So, if you're and AF member, please be at least 14. ;)

ChopinPorkChop
04-14-2003, 02:24 PM
lol i didnt say i was 13 :D ok lets bump it to 14-17 (srre i forgot)

:flipa:

Camber
04-14-2003, 02:58 PM
I like the teen idea also!...

DSM-Mark
04-14-2003, 04:06 PM
I would say the teen competition idea is a very good idea. Integra14, as the person who thought of it, you should organise it. See if you can enlist FOTW and PMan and possibly some other "Greats" to be the judges. I would say 13-17 is an excellent age group. Too bad I'm too old to compete.....

You guys do some amazing stuff, especially considering your limited budgets and inability to just jump in a car and go buy whatever supplies/hop up parts you need. I'd love to see what you guys can muster!

Integra14
04-14-2003, 04:14 PM
After a lot of talking, and thinking, Ive decided that i will start a Teen Contest 0-18 years old. 18 Years old is reasonable, because after 18, you are no longer a child, and you have many more priveleges than teens. (ex: vote, lottery tickets, etc.) I am asking that alot of the Members will Judge the models, based on overall appearance, taste, and technical skill.

Rules:

You may only enter 1 CAR.

Send in Entries to ME via Private Message.

Send in Votes to ME via Private Message.

1 Vote, to make things alot simplier.

Each vote counts as 10 Points.

Any questions... OTHER than the date, cause i have not decided when it should take place... ANY specific suggestions?

Please, be honest.

also no voting if you signed Up after April 15th.

Jay!
04-14-2003, 04:17 PM
After a lot of talking, and thinking, Ive decided that i will start a Teen Contest 0-18 years old.If you run a contest with that age group, we cannot sponsor it, due to the AF Terms of Service. No one under the age of 14 is allowed to be a member of AF, and as such, they will be unable to enter.

Integra14
04-14-2003, 04:19 PM
ok, well i didn't want to discourage Youngins 13<.... sorry, i was unaware..

soo the age would be 14-18

MX100
04-14-2003, 04:23 PM
sounds good~ :)

fullbloodchop01
04-14-2003, 04:35 PM
i thjink that if you are only allowing 1 vote, why not make each vote count for 1 point, or 3 points, 10 seems a little high for 1 vote

Integra14
04-14-2003, 04:36 PM
it doesn't really matter, it just makes the scores higher, and I like the sound of it...

primera man
04-14-2003, 04:43 PM
The AF MODEL OF THE YEAR is just like it says"Model of the year !!
I'll run the contest the same as last year. Entry will open on the 1-12-03 and close on 31-12-03.
All entry and voting will be done via PM's to me.
This is all we need as IMO this is the main one to win.
If you want to run smaller ones during the year like a ITR etc etc that's cool....but the grandaddy of them all is the MODEL OF THE YEAR :devil: :devil:
I'll be putting a nice prize together for the winner :cool:

fullbloodchop01
04-14-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by primera man
The [B]Entry will open on the 1-12-03 and close on 31-12-03.

:confused: :confused: :confused: im lost, 31 months??

primera man
04-14-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by fullbloodchop01

:confused: :confused: :confused: im lost, 31 months??
Sorry...in NZ here most people put the date first then the month, followed by the year.

RallyRaider
04-14-2003, 05:06 PM

Sorry...in NZ here most people put the date first then the month, followed by the year.

Same here is Australia. Makes more sense to go days-months-years. Month first is the American way.

supratuner
04-14-2003, 05:15 PM
P man, seems like oyu take care of us in times of confusion:confused: ;)

Camber
04-14-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by jay@af
If you run a contest with that age group, we cannot sponsor it, due to the AF Terms of Service. No one under the age of 14 is allowed to be a member of AF, and as such, they will be unable to enter.

Theres a lot of members under 14, not saying any names, what if they're really good modelers? ... :o

Jay!
04-14-2003, 07:52 PM
They can be great modelers, but...Originally posted by jay@af
...if you're and AF member, please be at least 14. ;)

[the details]

Federal Trade Commission: Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule; Final Rule (http://www.ftc.gov/os/1999/9910/64fr59888.htm)
It says that websites have to use a different, stricter privacy policy for users under 13. AF has elected to avoid the issue by simply not allowing members under the age of 13.

From the AF Guidelines (which you agree to by registering)
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/guidelines.html
Note: By registering on Automotive Forums .com you declare that you are over the age of 13. We do not allow members under the age of 13 to join this community. Anyone found violating this rule will lose their membership and their account will be frozen.

Camber
04-14-2003, 08:01 PM
They can be great modelers, but...

so is it 13 and under, or under 13?

Jay!
04-14-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Camber
so is it 13 and under, or under 13? Good question... I noticed that, too. I think it used to only ever say 13 and under. I don't know.

I left a note for our lawyer...

christofurr
04-14-2003, 10:57 PM

In other words, the logical way ;).

Sounds like I joined up a couple of months too late to enter last years one, but I'll be sure to enter this years one :D.

Jonno
04-15-2003, 04:58 AM
About the teens contest, if it goes ahead, I think it should be a month after the ITR contest, so people have time to start focusing on another model.

Integra14
04-15-2003, 07:31 AM
alright, how many teens are interested... just say the next consectutive number

PS: the Prize given from me, is 4 exhausts + 2 intercoolers to the winner

Jay!
04-15-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Camber
so is it 13 and under, or under 13? Official ruling:

0-12 = not allowed.
13+ = OK for AF. :D

k_dog
04-15-2003, 08:38 AM

freakray
04-15-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by k_dog

You're too old Dog......it says up to 18

You're 19....remember.....

PRoJeX
04-15-2003, 08:43 AM
TTEEEEN!!! comp!
i'm up for it

PRoJeX
04-15-2003, 08:44 AM

Forhod
04-15-2003, 08:45 AM
What's the deadline for it?

supratuner
04-15-2003, 09:15 AM
id consider it, but im not sure. that prize isnt enough for me, and the fact that it wont have that much recognition, also turns me away.

k_dog
04-15-2003, 09:47 AM
ok to make it interesting....I'll throw In some PE parts and A Kit to the Winner...an Unopened Ford Focus WRC ....does THAT steer you away supratuner?

DSM-Mark
04-15-2003, 09:48 AM
ok to make it interesting....I'll throw In some PE parts and A Kit to the Winner...an Unopened Ford Focus WRC ....does THAT steer you away supratuner?

Damn, I wish I was 18.

fullbloodchop01
04-15-2003, 09:55 AM
count me in :D

ps. supratuner, what makes u sure that u will win the prize anyways, man somepeople are always just in it for the $$$ or in this case prizes:rolleyes:

k_dog
04-15-2003, 09:57 AM
lmao....what if I we're to win supratuner.....what would I get......;)

All I would like is the recongnition of a good model.
Does there always have to be a prize???

freakray
04-15-2003, 10:03 AM
lmao....what if I we're to win supratuner.....what would I get......;)

All I would like is the recongnition of a good model.
Does there always have to be a prize???

Disqualified......:rolleyes:

soo the age would be 14-18

Camber
04-15-2003, 12:55 PM
Official ruling:

0-12 = not allowed.
13+ = OK for AF. :D

Ok, Thank you much!

ChopinPorkChop
04-15-2003, 01:05 PM
im in no doubt, and the exhaust and intercooler i think is usless.. just give the winner a kit, u have many people willing to enter contest so why are u willing to give even more prizes? pointless..

supratuner
04-15-2003, 01:15 PM
hey now, i dont really want a focus, i dont like them;)

im just saying, that if there is aognna be a rpize, than i would rather it be some thing a little more hefty, if you cathc my drift.

freakray
04-15-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by supratuner
hey now, i dont really want a focus, i dont like them;)

im just saying, that if there is aognna be a rpize, than i would rather it be some thing a little more hefty, if you cathc my drift.

How about 3 weeks of typing and spelling lessons at the school of your choice over the summer?:rolleyes:;):D

tonioseven
04-15-2003, 01:35 PM
The AF MODEL OF THE YEAR is just like it says"Model of the year !!
I'll run the contest the same as last year. Entry will open on the 1-12-03 and close on 31-12-03.
All entry and voting will be done via PM's to me.
This is all we need as IMO this is the main one to win.
If you want to run smaller ones during the year like a ITR etc etc that's cool....but the grandaddy of them all is the MODEL OF THE YEAR :devil: :devil:
I'll be putting a nice prize together for the winner :cool: I'll also make a nice prize donation along with Warren;) ; I guarantee you'll want to enter.;)

supratuner
04-15-2003, 01:38 PM

How about 3 weeks of typing and spelling lessons at the school of your choice over the summer?:rolleyes:;):D

i could use that!

and some spelling classes?

freakray
04-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by supratuner

i could use that!

and some spelling classes?

You better add reading to that list of yours;).....I said:

typing and spelling lessons

Diesel2NR
04-15-2003, 01:41 PM
I'm in. Hell, 4 exhausts and 2 intercoolers sounds good to me (just built 4 custom exhaust tips and have to paint them, but what the heck? save me some scratchbuilding). A kit would be nice, but who cares? I don't. I'm in, and I think my number is

Edit: And Brian, you are 19, remember? Too old to play with us kids.

supratuner
04-15-2003, 02:10 PM
No ray, i just skimme dove rit and saw, tthe words typing lessons, i dont proof read what i type, so thats why it sucks so bad, i type 4th best in my keyboarding class.

it snto much but 45 words per minute

Add your comment to this topic!