Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Focus | C Max
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
casey626
AF Newbie

2008 Focus 35k vibration at idle????

I have a 2008 focus and at about 15000 miles started having a slight vibration at idle. Its idling at about 700rpm is that normal? It more annoying than anything. Took it to Ford and they just say its normal. Anybody have any ideas what the problem could be? Should I replace the plugs? Any info will be helpful thanks.
casey626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
gjwickline
AF Newbie

Re: 2008 Focus 35k vibration at idle????

most probable cause for idle vibration is engine mounts. at 15,000 shouldnt be an issue, however thats where i would look first. and 700 is a little low, should be around 800. idle is not adjustable,
gjwickline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
casey626
AF Newbie

It stops when i am driving or give it a little gas. Thats the only reason I did suspect engine mounts. Could it still be the mounts? Thanks
casey626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
gjwickline
AF Newbie

yes it is possible, even new parts can be defective. the symptoms you have are very typical of engine mounts. hope this helps.
gjwickline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
FocusGirl07
AF Newbie

This is an old topic but I am recently having this same issue with my 07 ford focus 135000 miles. The symptoms: rough shaking when accelerating at low speeds, same shaking going around tight curves and uphill. Really bad in stop and go traffic, it almost feels like it wants to shut off if I keep trying to accelerate, I have to let off the gas and try again
Last week I had the transmission and engine mount replaced for a lot of money and the problem is as if I never had the car fixed … the only improvement I noticed is it’s not as hard to crank and its driving slightly smoother but that could be due to the fact that I got an oil change too that same day. I’m taking it back to the folks who fixed it but from reading forums it seems it can be anything from spark plugs to transmission fluid to anything …. How do I narrow it down? Could it be the mounts are not the right ones or that wasn’t the issue to begin with? I just need to know what to ask and how to go about this, I know a little bit about my car because I’m the only one who takes care of it but as a woman who’s not into that stuff it’s easy to get ripped off. But I’m not about spending money to still have the problem, to me it’s almost an issue of safety if I’m in stop and go traffic and my car won’t accelerate with 10000 cars behind me.
FocusGirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Focus | C Max