Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Probe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
fordexploder2000
AF Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to fordexploder2000
pointers on my lx

i just picked up a 92 probe lx great shape 92k for 800$! i thought it was a good deal. i took it for a test drive before i bought it. k no big deal needs a wheel bearing and the clutch was a lil week. it was a 1 owner car she was an old lady.it had some time on it though. really fast car until i let my brother drive it. yep he blow the clutch on me . i don't want to put the stock clutch in it so if any1 knows were i can find a heavy duty clutch set at a good price . i would also like to find some simple things to do to increase power and torque.
fordexploder2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
FORDGUY09
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to FORDGUY09 Send a message via MSN to FORDGUY09 Send a message via Yahoo to FORDGUY09
Re: pointers on my lx

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordexploder2000
i just picked up a 92 probe lx great shape 92k for 800$! i thought it was a good deal. i took it for a test drive before i bought it. k no big deal needs a wheel bearing and the clutch was a lil week. it was a 1 owner car she was an old lady.it had some time on it though. really fast car until i let my brother drive it. yep he blow the clutch on me . i don't want to put the stock clutch in it so if any1 knows were i can find a heavy duty clutch set at a good price . i would also like to find some simple things to do to increase power and torque.

google 92 ford probe clutch and if u want more hp and torque find a good low milage jdm 2.2 l and build the piss out of it and drop it in (thats what i did) boost it drop it and all good luck
FORDGUY09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
Will Help
AF Regular

Re: pointers on my lx

You didn't say if it was a 4 or 6 cylinder. It is a Mazda platform and mazda has some hot setups for their vehicles. I would check to see what Mazda has available for your engine and tranny. How far you go depends on how much dough you want to blow.

Replaceing the clutch requires hanging the engine and dropping the tranny. Besure you reface the flywheel and replace all clutch parts and throw out bearing. Typically $300+ labor in shop to drop and change parts. Parts are
$ 100 to 175.
Will Help is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Probe