Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CL | Inspire | Saber | TL
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-05-2001, 12:27 AM   #1
samsohn88
AF Newbie

Question 2002 CL-S or 2002 MAXIMA ????

I'm going to lease either CL-S or MAXIMA 6pd.

but i don't know which one i should get.

which car is more reliable?

which car is more fun to drive?
(i'm a fan of manual shift but also I can live without it)

which car do you prefer?

which car is cheaper to lease?

it's really hard to decide which one i should get..

is MAXIMA 6sp worth to wait than CL-S????
samsohn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 10:07 AM   #2
samsohn88
AF Newbie

How about Mercedes C-CLASS sport COUPE??

How about Mercedes C-CLASS sport COUPE??
samsohn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 10:21 AM   #3
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Just based on what I am hearing from people who already have them, I would stay away from the CL-S and get the Max. Reason being is that I am hearing people say that the transmission is suffering from some problem with the manumatic(simulation manual) shifter. As such, the transmission starts to suffer. The Max, as of what I am aware of, is much better to buy out of the two you have chosen.
Old 10-07-2001, 09:06 PM   #4
F20C
AF Enthusiast

I would stay out of Maxima as well. This model is nice but not great. I would wait for the completely re-design model that's due out in 2003.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 11:38 PM   #5
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
If your just gonna lease a car get the Acura CL type-S but if your gonna buy a car get the maxima . I love my CLS and everytime i get into the leather bucket seats it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside . Just get the CLS and if you do have any probs its covered under a 3yr 50k mile warranty and I think by then your lease should be up
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 03:31 PM   #6
AP20thMax
AF Enthusiast

I think the Maxima is a more reliable car. The CL is probably more fun. I think they are pretty comparable in terms of luxury features and you can now get navigation on both. I've been hearing some bad stuff too about the CL's transmission. Honestly, you probably can't go wrong with either.

AP20thMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 09:27 PM   #7
LiuBei
AF Regular

I would steer clear or the Maxima. They are too expensive for what you pay for. I think they ride like crap to. They look good on paper but I've just seen to many people that have them that really ended up regreting buying them.

I am a Honda Civic owner and a Honda fan, regardless I would go with a Honda or Acura product over just about anything but a Lexus. Besides you can get a new CL or TL that comes loaded for just about the same price.

If you do buy the Acura avoid getting one with the Nav system. Its good but will make you wat to punch it out sometimes. Save 2 grand and go and buy a 2 dollar road atlas.

Just my .02
Old 12-07-2001, 07:58 PM   #8
Maximadave
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximadave
Quote:
Originally posted by LiuBei
I would steer clear or the Maxima. They are too expensive for what you pay for. I think they ride like crap to. They look good on paper but I've just seen to many people that have them that really ended up regreting buying them.

I am a Honda Civic owner and a Honda fan, regardless I would go with a Honda or Acura product over just about anything but a Lexus. Besides you can get a new CL or TL that comes loaded for just about the same price.

If you do buy the Acura avoid getting one with the Nav system. Its good but will make you wat to punch it out sometimes. Save 2 grand and go and buy a 2 dollar road atlas.

Just my .02
I'd like to see your list of unsatisfied Maxima owners. I personally think you're full of crap. Do you know anything about Navigation systems? Is that why you only use a road atlas?

Internet Manager @ Car Buy Choice, Inc.
Buy Your Next Car At Internet Wholesale
www.carbuychoice.com
(800) 290-0660
Maximadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 06:40 AM   #9
maxima2k2
AF Newbie

first I've been lurking here for awhile because I was in the middle of purchasing a 2k2max,but I was considering the cl-s. A buddy of mine owns the cl-s and had the transmission problem you all are speaking of. His car was in the shop for 37 days before it got repaired. He was a very big fan of the acura until this problem and the car is very sweet. however, he will never buy another honda product again because of the tranny issue.

My maxima is a 2k2 SE I love it. I came from a very wimpy 99 passat(easy to tweek). My belief right now is to stay with nissan products and maybe buy my wife a SE-R when she is out of her lease.

My opinion go with the max save yourself two grand and the headaches even when loaded up with the nav system over the CL-S.
maxima2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 09:31 PM   #10
Maximadave
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by maxima2k2
first I've been lurking here for awhile because I was in the middle of purchasing a 2k2max,but I was considering the cl-s. A buddy of mine owns the cl-s and had the transmission problem you all are speaking of. His car was in the shop for 37 days before it got repaired. He was a very big fan of the acura until this problem and the car is very sweet. however, he will never buy another honda product again because of the tranny issue.

My maxima is a 2k2 SE I love it. I came from a very wimpy 99 passat(easy to tweek). My belief right now is to stay with nissan products and maybe buy my wife a SE-R when she is out of her lease.

My opinion go with the max save yourself two grand and the headaches even when loaded up with the nav system over the CL-S.
Go with the Max over the CL-S.

www.carbuychoice.com
(800) 290-0660
Old 12-11-2001, 08:22 PM   #11
89lxihb 00lude
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 89lxihb 00lude
The Max even with 255hp can't stay with the auto CL-S in a straight and not even close in a corner. The Acuras reliablity is second to NON and there value is the best out there. If you put an auto in the Max it can't stay with the premuims 225hp.

PLUS.............

The CL type S is coming with a 6 speed manual in 2003 just got the fax from Acura. I'll get one as soon as I call all the people that have been waiting for one, so I can sell them an awesome car.

You want an Acura or a Vw? I can sell you a brand new one. I want a NSX and have to look at them all day. I need to sell whole bunch of cars to ever be able to afford one, so please help me out. :hehe:
89lxihb 00lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 12:57 AM   #12
Maximadave
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by 89lxihb 00lude
The Max even with 255hp can't stay with the auto CL-S in a straight and not even close in a corner. The Acuras reliablity is second to NON and there value is the best out there. If you put an auto in the Max it can't stay with the premuims 225hp.

PLUS.............

The CL type S is coming with a 6 speed manual in 2003 just got the fax from Acura. I'll get one as soon as I call all the people that have been waiting for one, so I can sell them an awesome car.
:hehehe:

www.carbuychoice.com
(800) 290-0660
Old 12-12-2001, 10:18 AM   #13
89lxihb 00lude
AF Enthusiast

Are you laughing at my post or are you crying because you bought a P.O.S.

Why don't you do a little research the max's resale is bad and Nissan as a brand is horrible.

You want an Acura or a Vw? I can sell you a brand new one. I want a NSX and have to look at them all day. I need to sell whole bunch of cars to ever be able to afford one, so please help me out. :hehe:
Old 12-12-2001, 10:43 AM   #14
Maximadave
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by 89lxihb 00lude
Are you laughing at my post or are you crying because you bought a P.O.S.

Why don't you do a little research the max's resale is bad and Nissan as a brand is horrible.
I've beat many Acura TL and CL's....I have no problems what so ever on my Max. My next door neighbor just bought a brand new CL 3 months ago and its been at the Acura dealer for more than a month because of the transmission. Now, lets see, a brand new car with less than 1,000 miles on it and it needs a new transmission... . I'm sorry to say but I'm laughing at you for saying something stupid like that when you have never owned a Maxima.

www.carbuychoice.com
(800) 290-0660
Old 12-12-2001, 04:24 PM   #15
89lxihb 00lude
AF Enthusiast

I haven't owned one because there have bad resale and they are over priced junk. Those were not the Type S. The I35 is the same car 1/4 time is 15.3sec the standard TL w/ 225hp runs a 15.1 sec 1/4. The Type S TL runs a 14.7sec 1/4 w/ a 5 automatic. If your Max is a 2000 it's got the 222hp right? I have walked away from them with my Prelude.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CL | Inspire | Saber | TL