Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 12:23 AM   #1
StillAHondaFreak
AF Newbie

Newbie, wanted to introduce myself

Hey guys, I just wanted to take a second and introduce
myself to the forum.

My name is Tim, Im 22, and I live in Palm Bay Florida
with my wife, daughter (9 weeks old as of
yesterday!!!) and my two dogs.

As you can tell by my screen name, Im an absolute Honda Junkie, My first Honda was a 1993 Honda Civic EX Coupe (the one explained in my signature), then I had a 1995 Civic DX Coupe which I planned to put the
boosted Prelude engine into, but got an offer for the engine that I just couldnt pass up, this car was purchaced at one of those buy here, pay here places, where I wasnt informed that the tax, tag, and title were due at the end of 60 days, so Im actually really glad I didnt put the engine into it, because the bastards came and took it.... with the system in it!!!
Then, I got a 1984 CRX that I purchased for $150 that wouldn't start, figured it was worth it, even If i cant get it started, I can sell most of the parts on WWW.ThePartsTrader.com turned out to have a cracked block and a warped head, but I sold all of the parts for $800!!! Some guy in daytona beach was building a track car, gave me $600 for the stripped rolling chassis!
Next I bought A 1991 CRX SI (with the money from the 84) which had bad piston rings and 140k miles, only paid $500 for it so I drove it till It threw a rod.
And my most recent honda was a 1976 Civic CVCC, yes, I said 1976! Paid 50 bucks for it, wouldnt start, turned out to be a bad distributor.
Drove that one untill the tranny gave out, then sold it to a friend for $80 which is what I paid for the distributor, so I basically paid $50, and it lasted me 4 months.
As for my truck, It was given to me by my father inlaw, he couldnt get any fuel pressure to it so he bought a new Nissan Frontier and said if I could get it running, I could have it. Fair enough, but 2 days after buying the frontier, he looked at it again and realised that it had 2 fuel filters! So, he fixed it and gave it to me anyway!!! Cant beat that!

Sorry this is such a long thread, but as Im sure you can tell, I'm a car nut, not just hondas either, although Id prefer them over anything else.

If your curious what I do for a Living, its not that hard to figure out..........I'm an Automotive Technician, and im currently goping to colledge to get my associates degree in automtive technology, and to become A.S.E. certified.

For those who are curious, I am currently working on the Tamiya JACCS Accord, and the Revell ITR.
I just recently got back into modeling, I needed a hobby that didnt take up too much space and that would keep me out of trouble (when you have the quickest civic in your county, some jackass is always trying to street race you, and you can only let someone talk so much smack before you have to put them in there place, dong so has cost me over 1300 bucks in fines, 1 more point, I lose my licence for a year! No licence, no job (Being a auto tech, that is the one job requirement no matter who you work for) Anyways, I decided to get back into it around thaksgiving, and As luck would have it, I got an Aircompressor and a Badger crescendo 750 kit for christmas.

Once again, Im sorry about the long post, but My daughter is finally sleeping, and I got carried away. Don't get alot of free time anymore!

Hope to hear from you guys soon, and hop to learn from you all, and mabey I can offer some advice to, feel free to ank and Honda related questions.

Thanks for you time and for reading my post.
I may be driving a domestic truck, but on the up side, it has a mitsubishi engine in it. I am the previous owner of 5 different hondas, and once the money comes areound, I will get another one, but anyone with a family knows what im going through.

1993 Honda Civic EX Coupe:
H22a swap
"junk yard"/homemade turbo set up
Greddy intercooler and piping ect. ect.

All go, no show

Killed by a hit and run driver; t-boned me at an intersection whe he did a u-turn with out looking, after being t-boned, i ran off the road and got sideways in some sand, rolled her three times, totaled, insurance company laughed at me because they were "never informed of the engine swap"
StillAHondaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 12:34 AM   #2
.porkchop.
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to .porkchop.
welcome

welcome! :jumpie: !!

nice to hear from u, and all the neat car stories u got.
damn u rolled the civic? and no insurance claim? shieet..is the engine ok? sounds like a sweet setup
.porkchop. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 01:00 AM   #3
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Welcome to AF!!

Congrats on the new kid!

So, how long until you build an NSX?
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 01:10 AM   #4
StillAHondaFreak
AF Newbie

Thanks, I am really happy to have her, she and my wife are my world, Nope, no insurance, they took one look at the engine, and the guy literally started laughing, and said "sorry kid, you aint gettin shit from allstate!" now Im with progressive!!!

As far as the engine, like I said, I WAS goning to put it into the 95 DX, but some guy out in California (friend of a friend of a friend) was in town visiting, and heard about it, came over to see it, and handed me 15000 cash and said take it or leave it, I took him to luch after i helped him put it in the back of his truck!!!!

I will probably be building the Tamiya NSX, but not untill I can find a 1992-1995 civic coupe, I heard hasegawa used to make one, but i think theyre hard to find N.I.B., If you hear of one, please let me know.
I may be driving a domestic truck, but on the up side, it has a mitsubishi engine in it. I am the previous owner of 5 different hondas, and once the money comes areound, I will get another one, but anyone with a family knows what im going through.

H22a swap

All go, no show

Killed by a hit and run driver; t-boned me at an intersection whe he did a u-turn with out looking, after being t-boned, i ran off the road and got sideways in some sand, rolled her three times, totaled, insurance company laughed at me because they were "never informed of the engine swap"
Old 01-15-2003, 01:21 AM   #5
Fooesboy
AF Regular

Welcome to AF !

I look foward to some pics.
Fooesboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 01:24 AM   #6
Asmenoth
AF Premium User

Welcome to the forum!

Hey, look, I'm in Florida, my name is Tim and I have a wife too....wierd.

Mabye not so weird Welcome!

No Officer, the speedometer only goes up to 85.
Asmenoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 01:28 AM   #7
StillAHondaFreak
AF Newbie

thanks alot.

You guys are so friendly!! Everywhere else I've been, the people seemed to be rude and snobbish so i told them all to :finger: get bent:finger: Its nice to talk to people I cna get along with :hehe:

H22a swap

All go, no show

Old 01-15-2003, 01:39 AM   #8
Asmenoth
AF Premium User

Oh, you will probably get that here too. But most...if not all of them, are pulling your leg...as sarcasm doesn't translate well on a message board.

Old 01-15-2003, 01:41 AM   #9
magicmanjk808
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to magicmanjk808
welcome to af

this place is awesome

Fujimi Toyota Altezza RS200

bye bye handles, moldings, rain gutters, license plate holders

View some pics of it here http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t72123.html

magicmanjk808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 01:42 AM   #10
OPM
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to OPM
Quote:
Originally posted by jay@af
Welcome to AF!!

Congrats on the new kid!

So, how long until you build an NSX?
new kidyou talk about it like it was a model kit he just bought
OPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 02:05 AM   #11
Asmenoth
AF Premium User

That's not a store bought kit....it's a custom job.

Old 01-15-2003, 02:12 AM   #12
OPM
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to OPM
Quote:
Originally posted by Asmenoth
That's not a store bought kit....it's a custom job.
lol yes
OPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 02:40 AM   #13
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by StillAHondaFreak
not untill I can find a 1992-1995 civic coupe, I heard hasegawa used to make one, but i think theyre hard to find N.I.B., If you hear of one, please let me know.
Two ideas for that:

* Watch ebay like a hawk. Set up your 'favorites' so that ebay emails you everythime something "hasegawa civic" is listed.

* Post about it on here (like you just did). There are modelers on here from around the world, that go to model shops around the world. All you need is one to notice the kit on the shelf, and remember that someone was looking for it... Then I'm sure something can be worked out...
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 02:44 AM   #14
kicker1_solo
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kicker1_solo Send a message via Yahoo to kicker1_solo

Yakima Valley Truck Club Yakima Washington
kicker1_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 03:24 AM   #15
exhaust smoke
AF Enthusiast

WELCOME TO AF!

Thought you had joined the wrong Forum when I first read your thread!

Modelling starts off as space saving until you become addicted! What future Honda kits do you plan on building? Just a matter of interest, I have a Fujimi Honda Civic winging it's way to me as I write, but it's gonna take a week though . I've planned a Veilside bodykit for that one!

Hope to see some pics from you soon.

Meanwhile, enjoy the ride:bonghitte
exhaust smoke is offline   Reply With Quote