Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 10:48 PM   #1
Purpura Delujo
AF Enthusiast

I know how you were feeling now Pman

I know its old sad news but I now know what Pman felt when his "best friend" died. My dog was 14 years old and died on Sunday 11th January this year. I'm only 15 now so you could imagine the effect it had on me to watch my dog die after knowing her for 14 years, nearly all my life . Well because of this I haven't had the chance to do much on my models, i've done alot of custom work to my old Trans am but thats about it. I haven't even finished my Roadrunner yet. Some of you might like my new Trans Am so I'll try get some pictures sometime when I take some of the Roadrunner. Here's a picture of her for anyone who cares
Purpura Delujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 10:51 PM   #2
WHIZ
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to WHIZ
I feel your pain man, the wife and I lost our rot mix that was our baby Thanksgiving morning. Sorry for your loss.
WHIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 10:55 PM   #3
Jetts
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Jetts
that sucks man im sorry but try finding your german shepard hanging from your gate when u are 11 that tramitzed me for awhile im sorry if people think im a pussy for bein tramitized of the death of a dog but cing your dog hanging from a gate isnt a pretty site since the dog was my best friend sorry to hear about your guys dogs

11/07/87 - 11/11/04
*** KEITH VALLEE***
R.I.P
Keith. higher then any mother fucker out there..... R.I.P homie..
Jetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:07 PM   #4
Jonno
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Jonno
Yeah, we lost our dog on the day before easter sunday, he got hit by a car.

It seems kinda strange that Lowrider, Whiz and me all lost our dogs around special events?

-Holden Berlina Turbo, RB30ET.
-Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Jonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:25 PM   #5
Purpura Delujo
AF Enthusiast

Yeah alot of us loose pets around here but you don't really feel it when someoneelses pet dies if you haven't had it happen to you. Wierd thing is that the dog across the road from me died the day after my dog died, but he got sick the day my dog died. Strange things go on in life, pity alot of them suck.
Purpura Delujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:29 PM   #6
Ghost_9418
AF Enthusiast

I remember that we had to put our 14 year old dog to sleep. She had a tumor on her and we had it removed but it kept coming back. She was going blind and had almost no hearing and was in pain. Im sorry Lowrider.
Ghost_9418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 12:36 AM   #7
hiver77
AF Enthusiast

I have lost three dogs...

One, a male, was lost. I think somebody stole / killed him while he was strolling around.

Another, a female, had a "heart attack" and died.

The 3rd one, another male, also had a heart attack. This one is sadder. Our house was flooded and they (I wasnt there) had to evacuate everybody by a raft. He panicked and didnt like being in raft with all the water and commotion. He died right there on the raft.

My parents dont wanna have a dog again after that since all our 3 dogs never made it past 4 years.

hiver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 12:42 AM   #8
kunta
AF Enthusiast

I have two cats, so I can understand. if keep pets, it must happen someday. everyone know that but no one want to think about it...
I'm sorry.
kunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 01:51 AM   #9
magicmanjk808
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to magicmanjk808
i'm sorry about that. i too know how it feels

Fujimi Toyota Altezza RS200

bye bye handles, moldings, rain gutters, license plate holders

View some pics of it here http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t72123.html

magicmanjk808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 02:20 AM   #10
OPM
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to OPM
our dog is now 9 months old,i just can't imagine to lose her...
OPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 04:59 AM   #11
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Send a message via ICQ to flyonthewall
I too have lost a dog, they become part of your family and it is so sad when they go.

When i was a kid we had a dog (different one), that didn't like me much (don't know why?). It kept taking a bite out of me whenever i got near it so we had to get rid of him, I didn't want him to go coz he was a cool dog nonetheless. We gave him away to a landlord of a local pub so he could become a guard dog, the pub was right in the centre of town several miles from our home and of course Shep had never been there before. Anyway, the day after he went my dad went to leave the house to go to work, sitting at the doorstep was the dog!!! How cool is that!? He found his way home all that way!

He still had to go back to the pub the same day though
flyonthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 06:36 AM   #12
Jonno
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Jonno
Quote:
Originally posted by flyonthewall
Anyway, the day after he went my dad went to leave the house to go to work, sitting at the doorstep was the dog!!! How cool is that!? He found his way home all that way!
That happens pretty often I think, we went on a holiday to Melbourne two years ago and left our dog at my Grandparents place, for the week, but a day before we got back, the dog got out and nicked off. We got back and the dog was sitting on our front lawn.

We were all like .

The strangest part is, the grandparents live a good 30 minutes away, thats driving in good traffic. But I hate the thought of what could of happened that day, considering most of the way is along main roads . Still, he survived that day, but it was a idiot speeding neighbour at our holiday place (out in the country) that hit him, she seemed shocked when it happened, but we saw the old bag speeding down that road again the next day!

Opps, sorry to steal the thread, I seem to have a habit of doing this...

-Holden Berlina Turbo, RB30ET.
-Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Jonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 07:41 AM   #13
Wishmaster
***** Lurker

I'm sorry to hear that, but take your time and don't go hasty on the models when your mind isn't in the mood for it. And I to can relate, I had a very nice and quite dog (had a heart problem so doing wild was out of teh question.) But at holidays he ate some mushrooms and after that somegrass, so he threw up and away was the danger, until he tried the same at home, where we hand't any grass around.. He started to phreak out and we didn't know what to do, so after we went to the vet and had him stay there we could only wait. The day after when he was exactly 3,5 years old we recieved a phone-call that he didn't make it. I was completly devasted and still had to go to school.
We got a new dog this time, much more active and wild but a real cute one too, almost 3 years old. I hope he lives longer then the previous one.

Anywayz I hope you can cope with it.

Stefan
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 09:44 AM   #14
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven
Unhappy Screw the models...

I hope you feel better soon; pets become a part of the family. When my aquatic frog died earlier this year, I cried because I had him for 2 and a half years and had him trained to respond to my hand signals. He was still a part of the family. I sympathize with your loss and offer my condolences to your family.
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 12:55 PM   #15
primera man
"P-Man"

Send a message via AIM to primera man
I'm sorry to hear the news. I know how you are feeling.
Its still hard for myself to get used to not having my "Mate" around.
Seems strange getting home from work etc and shes not there to lick me to death like she used to.
I remember she used to love playing with the water hose....when i was trying to water the gardens or wash the car she would spent all her time chasing the water and barking her head off at the water. Just the other day i went to clean the car and i whistled out to her because i was thinking that it seemed strange that she wasn't out in the drive way already waiting for a battle!!....(its the small things like that you miss and takes awhile to remember)
They really do become such a huge part of your life, and in your case it must be hard as you have grown up with her.
All i can say is time will heal the pain...but its still a loss that hurts deeply.
PMan

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
primera man is offline   Reply With Quote