Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Formula-One
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

Monaco 2007

One of my favorite races despite the fact that nobody can pass...

Qualifying-
1) Fernando Alonso- McLaren
2) Lewis Hamilton- McLaren
3) Felipe Massa- Ferrari
4) Giancarlo Fisichella- Renault
5) Nico Rosberg- Williams
6) Mark Webber- Red Bull
7) Nick Heidfeld- BMW Sauber
8) Robert Kubica- BMW Sauber
9) Rubens Barrichello- Honda
10) Jenson Button- Honda
11) David Coulthard- Red Bull
12) Alex Wurz- Williams
13) Vitantonio Luizzi- Toro Rosso
14) Jarno Trulli- Toyota
15) Heikki Kovalainen- Renault
16) Kimi Raikkonen- Ferrari
17) Anthony Davidson- Super Aguri
18) Scott Speed- Toro Rosso
19) Adrian Sutil- Spyker
20) Ralf Schumacher- Toyota
21) Takuma Sato- Super Aguri
22) Christijan Albers- Spyker

Alright, more bad luck for Ferrari. Driver error caused Kimi to crash this time preventing him from putting up a Q2 time. Massa wasn't fast enough (fuel?) and now both McLarens are on the front row.

Being Monaco, fuel loads/pit strategy and reliability will be key, but weather could play into it too as it looks like it could rain. Expect some of the guys in the back like Kimi Raikkonen, Heikki Kovalainen, and maybe Trulli or Wurz to go for 1 stop strategies. Schumacher started from 22nd last year and managed 5th because of his 1 stop run. I think Kimi could manage the same result from 16th. BMW-Sauber might have their cars on 1 stoppers, or at least a long 1st stint due to their poor qualifying performance compared to the previous 4 races.

I expect a great battle between Rosberg, Webber, and Fisichella as their cars all seem to be similar in performance. Its good to see Honda in the top 10, even if they were aided by Kimi's crash and Coulthard's penalty.

If it does indeed rain, expect to see a ton of attrition. Cars will break and cars will crash all over the place. We may even see a situation where if you finish the race you get points.

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:45 PM   #2
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Re: Monaco 2007

I can't wait!

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
Dyno247365
AF Enthusiast

I am SURPRISED that no one posted about thsi race yet. All i can say was that it was insane and I am a big Lewis Hamilton fan now especially since he's my age, in F1, and accomplished what it takes some place 5 years to do in F1. He got second place in the Monaco GP, and he was driving so fiercely that it was fun watching just him drive.

That being said, ITV made too much of a deal abotu Hamilton, they barely showed any other racers, tell me i'm wrong. But definitely I'm a Lewis Hamilton fan now. I did not like how my man DC got a penalty for passing someone, sure it was unsafe but Heikki was whinig all night about other drivers.

and oh my god, SCOTT SPEED FINISHED MONACO!!!!
Congrats Alonso!!! Massa better luck next time. The Ferraris are slow this year aren't they?

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L 5spd!!!
1987 Chevy Iroc-Z- -Needs a new cat
1992 Nissan 240sx 5spd- SOLD
Dyno247365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:24 PM   #4
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

No rain = another Monaco snoozefest. Almost too boring to write about. The top 4 qualifiers finished in exactly the same spots and only 3 cars actually finished all 78 laps. Apparently McLaren even told their boys not to push too hard and not to pass each other. On top of that, Kimi Raikkonen has once again shown that he is no Michael Schumacher. Schu went from 22nd to 5th and Kimi only managed going from 16th to 8th.

A few points-
1) Don't worry too much about Ferrari just yet, Ferrari hasn't had a good race in Monaco since 2001. Their cars are generally much better on larger road courses and these street circuits.

2) Does anyone else think McLaren is guilty of the same thing that they have complained about Ferrari for the last few years? Is Ron Dennis a giant hypocrite?

3) I think in the long run Alonso will be the better of the two McLaren drivers this year. 2 race wins v. 0. You can't win a championship without winning any races.

4) The competition for 3rd and 4th place in WDC points might be getting closer.

5) For all American F1 fans, the next 4 races will be shown on FOX rather then SpeedTV, so absolutely everyone should be able to watch.

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
Dyno247365
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinanM3_S2
No rain = another Monaco snoozefest. Almost too boring to write about. The top 4 qualifiers finished in exactly the same spots and only 3 cars actually finished all 78 laps. Apparently McLaren even told their boys not to push too hard and not to pass each other. On top of that, Kimi Raikkonen has once again shown that he is no Michael Schumacher. Schu went from 22nd to 5th and Kimi only managed going from 16th to 8th.

A few points-
1) Don't worry too much about Ferrari just yet, Ferrari hasn't had a good race in Monaco since 2001. Their cars are generally much better on larger road courses and these street circuits.

2) Does anyone else think McLaren is guilty of the same thing that they have complained about Ferrari for the last few years? Is Ron Dennis a giant hypocrite?

3) I think in the long run Alonso will be the better of the two McLaren drivers this year. 2 race wins v. 0. You can't win a championship without winning any races.

4) The competition for 3rd and 4th place in WDC points might be getting closer.

5) For all American F1 fans, the next 4 races will be shown on FOX rather then SpeedTV, so absolutely everyone should be able to watch.
1) They just seem to be having reliability issues too, and they're Ferrari 2) Cheating? 3) Watch out, this kid is a prodigy, he was flying around Monaco, he has enough natural talent which could be enough to win.
5) I can't watch the USGP on fox...I'm gonna BE THERE, FRONT ROW!!!!! I'll definitely watch Canada GP.

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L 5spd!!!
1987 Chevy Iroc-Z- -Needs a new cat
1992 Nissan 240sx 5spd- SOLD
Dyno247365 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Formula-One