Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 02:50 PM   #1
sosicracing1
AF Newbie

Wink nymeet

hey raver im in staten island would definetly meet up. There are only a
few spec's in SI but I would definetly meet up. I get parts and accesories for cheap. Email @ BigGreg030@aol.com.
sosicracing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 11:53 AM   #2
Bklynraven4
AF Newbie

There is a meet this saturday at Jacob Riis Park.
Jacob Riis Park in Rockaway Queens on July 27th @ 10:30am. This is about 2weeks away, so all who are plannin on attending should post their final roll call here ASAP.

As I stated before, the parking lot is very BIG. If the expected 30 - 40+ cars attend, there should/will more than enough space for us and the other park visitors. There is however a fee for the main parking area which should comes up to $3.25. This is an insured parking area so if anything happen to your car when your not around, they got you covered.

I don't want to charge anyone for food because not everyone would want to eat. The BBQing will be your own option if you wish to do so. So bring your own meat or buddy up with someone who is BBQing. I am more than sure that people who bring food will be sharing because we are not "mizers". Remember that the grills @ the beach are first come first serve and that if you have a mini grill it's best to bring it.

As far as the park is concerned, there are many things to do that you can bring your whole family (if you would like to). The beach and board walk is right there and there are also basketball courts, a golf course, a public pool, softball, baseball, football, rugby, paddleball and handball ect. Great scenic area with many places for photo.

And now for the cruise. I have been getting e-mails, PM's and IM's from guys litterally begging for a cruise where all of the guys will roll down and have some "fun." As we all know that the traffic in NYC is not really cruise friendly until you get deeper into Queens or LI. I don't have any set destination in mind for us to drive to and don't want us to just go there and say "Now what do we do?" So as of now it will have to be spur of the moment thing until someone suggests a place worth going.

Directions:
from Brooklyn and Queens:
From the Belt Parkway: take Exit 11S (Flatbush Avenue SB - Rockaways) to the Marine Park bridge. Be prepared to pay a $1.75 toll. Follow the sign that say Jacob Riis Park.

From Long Island:
Take the Southern State Parkway straight into the Belt Parkway West.
Or take the Northern State Parkway to the Cross Island Parkway south to the Belt Parkway West.
Or take the L. I. E. to the Cross Island Parkway south to the Belt Parkway West

From NJ:
Take the Goethals bridge to the Staten Island Expressway Then to the Verazzano Bridge, and take the Belt Parkway exit, and follow the directions above from Brooklyn.
You can also take the Outerbridge Crossing (or Bayonne Bridge) and take the 440 to 278 East (Staten Island Expressway).

From CT:
I-95 S or the Hutch S to I-678 S. Then on I-678S take exit 1W, which should take you to the Belt Parkway West. Follow till you reach exit 11s all the way to Riis Park.

For more specific directions check out www.mapblast.com or www.mapquest.com.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)