Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 01:31 PM   #1
BlackSpec
AF Newbie

Question Spec makes metal noises, Help

Whats up everyone, ok this is the problem, i have a Black Spec with bout 3,000 miles, and one day as i was in 1st lookin for parkin i heard my car make this bad noise, kinda like a spinning metal disk was scraping something, i dont know how to describe it but its very disturbing, and also when i shut off my car u hear the same sound just fade down as soon as i turn the key, does anyone know what it can be and how to fix it, or how much it is to fix? thanks a lot guys.

also i have this stain on my hood from my winshield wiper fluid, its a strand down my hood, do you know how to get that out?

One more thing, how do you update your profile, i made this name but didnt write any information, so i want to go back.

By the way I have a 2002 Black SE-R Spec V, i took out the hamburger Emblem from the front grill, and SENTRA from the back, i put White bulbs all around (headlights, foglights, and turn signals), I'm putting dark tints all around next.
I plan to:
Coat my stock rims, a Gunmetal color if its available.
Get lowering springs
Get S2000 HID's (because they're a bright White beam, not blue or purple)
and thats its for Show, i was thinkin Red undercar neons, but im not sure

For Performace:
Gonna start out with a full cat system to get air through my car.
Then a cold air intake and headers.
Hopefully someone comes out with a shortshifter.
Then port and polish, then change my cam gears.

Thats good enough for me, I'm 17 years old, from Newark NJ, atteninding Licoln Technical Institute this September. Pleasure to meet all of you, hope to learn and be of any help if possible. Thanks again.
BlackSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 05:39 PM   #2
SER Speedalot
AF Enthusiast

well dude, it sounds like you got some good plans for the spec. i wanna do hid's as well. but, i don't know how to tell you, s2000 hid's are the most purple hid's i've ever seen. i can tell an s2000 from any other car with hid's cuz its so freakin purple. but i must say your performance ideas are perfect. not too expensive but it will give you optimum performance. good luck man.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:35 AM   #3
reckless76
AF Newbie

I have the same problem...
I have no idea what it really is, but my whole exhast system shakes when I kick it... Makes noise... I dunno...
reckless76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 12:06 PM   #4
BlackSpec
AF Newbie

Its Fixed now

hey i took my car to Nissan, and after 2 1/2 hours they fixed my car, and said that squeaking noise was something loose in my cat., or exhaust system. So its fixed now.

Oh and can anyone tell me how the whole Warranty and hooking up your cars engine works. What voids what? how do you install thinks legally?
Old 07-19-2002, 02:24 AM   #5
pinyoot4you
AF Enthusiast

blackspec,
aftermarket parts voids the warrenty only if it is caused by the aftermarket part, be careful tho and do ur research cuz there's some lazy and crooked service people out there and they'll find a way to blame it on the part....... so if u wanna be on the safe side, just wait for nismo comming this fall cuz it won't void the warrenty but it'll cost maybe 10-20% more, and it's all legal unless a cop says so and if u pass smog (BTW there's some shops where u can pay a lil more $$$$ and let them sign papers so u can supposedly pass smog) keep that on the DL
pinyoot4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 06:51 PM   #6
BlackSpec
AF Newbie

aight thanx a lot guys, do all of you put your intakes and exhaust while voiding the warranty??, Stillen has headers out now right? how much do they go for?? what about their exhaust system , is it a cat-back?....is anyone planning to buy their body-kit or the little lips? ok i have to stop talking. thanx guys, later.
Old 07-23-2002, 11:03 AM   #7
pinyoot4you
AF Enthusiast

it only voids the intake and exhaust part of the warrenty or anything that is caused by it if something's wrong with it, everything else is not voided (i.e. suspension, brakes, etc.)

Stillen has headers out for our car but they haven't showed any performance specs for it. i dunno how much it costs tho

the exhaust is not a cat-back, it's an axle-back...

if u need more info go to www.stillen.com
pinyoot4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 01:34 PM   #8
SilverSpec-V
AF Regular

Welcome to the forum. OBX has short shifters out for quite some time now. They run for about $150 not including labor.