Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 12:58 PM   #1
Evilwayz249
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Evilwayz249
Should I buy the NIssan SER Spec V?

Maybe you guys can help me out a little... i've been looking at a 2000 Honda Civic Si and so far it looks like that car is #1 on my list. Then i test drive the Nissan Spec V and it is a lot of car for the price unlike the Civic Si. The reason i am going with the 2000 Civic is because it is a two door and i want a two door so i can put racing seats in and if possible take the backseats out. People have been telling me that if i get a four door then the racing seats would not look good at all. Also, the civic has lots of aftermarket parts (ex: euro lights) that the Sentra does not have. Also, people have been telling me that if i get a new car i have to worry about the voiding warrenty on it, whereas the civic it really wont matter because it is a 2000. What would be a better buy? I want to make my car look nice and also maybe even get the best time out of the car that i can. Tell me what you think.
Evilwayz249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 01:14 PM   #2
SentraFi
AF Regular

Sounds like you want to do a lot of cosmetic mods. Go with the Civic as it has a lot of aftermarket support.

If you want a sport tuned suspension, helical LSD, 6-speed, 175 HP and 180 torque at the flywheel, then get the Spec V.
SentraFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 02:29 PM   #3
Evilwayz249
AF Regular

yo SentraFi in your opinion what do you think can be made faster the spec v or the civic si cause thats what is most important to me right now.
Old 06-12-2002, 03:47 PM   #4
GB Phoenix77
AF Enthusiast

spec v vs. civic si

From what I have seen, the spec v is the faster car.

If you are looking for 1/4 mile times, the spec V (stock) is probably just a little better than the SI (stock).

If you are looking for overall performance and handling, the Spec V is definitely better.

As of today 6-12-02, you can probably create a faster SI than a Spec V. Reason is that there are a ton of parts available for the SI, and only a few for the Spec. From what I gather, you can get intakes from many companies. Also, exhaust from many companies. I think at the moment only HOTSHOT has a header available for the Spec V. I think JWT is bringing out cams, pulleys, etc.. in the near future. Also, there is a supercharger kit in development. In addition, I think there is a guy in New Orleans who can do turbo's.

point is, if you are patient, I think Spec V will be the better car. Spec V's are very responsive to upgrades.

SI = 139 hp and 98tq. out of a 2.0 liter engine (i think... maybe 1.7 liter?)
Spec V = 144 hp and 152tq out of a 2.5 liter engine.

I think we will all find that the nissan 2.5 will be capable of more than a 2.0 from honda.

So that's my take on pure performance.

My other reason for getting a Nissan... Don't be like EVERYONE else and get a honda. Stand out! Be different!
GB Phoenix77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 05:23 PM   #5
SentraFi
AF Regular

Let's not forget that Stillen is supporting the Spec V. They have an exhaust out and a CAI and header in development.

www.stillen.com

Area 51 Fabrications has a supercharger in the works for the Spec V.

http://www.freshalloy.com/site/cars/...402/home.shtml
SentraFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 05:48 PM   #6
Sanchi
Macadamia Nut Cookies

Send a message via AIM to Sanchi
Besides being an over all better car then the Civic Si (dont you think the new civic hatch looks weird... in a bad way??) the 2.5l Se-R is capable of handleing alot more power then the dinky 1.7l (2.0l?? i doubt) Si. With the Se-R once you turbo or supercharage that sucker the potention is insane. Nissan motors have always been better at handleing turbo's then Honda motor's have. You can squize every bit of juice outa the nissan and it will still last ya a long time, now i wonder how long the lil Si will last.

Besides haveing all that torqe infront of ya can only mean good things. Slap on the 6th speed and your cruzing in a beast of power. Yes their isnt much on the market as of yet for the Se-R but with patience and alil time nizmo is comeing and alot of stuff from other companies are on the way as well. The Se-R's got everying thing right now exept the aftermarket support... for now...

:sun: :flash:
Old 06-15-2002, 10:16 AM   #7
JAvidan
AF Newbie

Of course you should

I drove a 1998 Honda Civic EX with major engine work and aesthetic work done to the outside and inside and I will be the first one to tell you that the Spec-V is an amazing car right when you drive it off the lot. My Civic beat 2001 Si's by 4 or 5 car lengths in the 1/4 and I still recommend the Spec-V if you want to do mods...

I plan to only do a couple things to this car because its already cock diesel off the lot. haha... anyways... yeah... im going to put an Injen Cold Air Intake in there... AEM is beat compared to this intake. Also, I got a white Spec so I am going to paint the honeycomb grills on the front red (to match that sick ass interior). I'm throwing a TV in that cool compartment thats on the top of the dash... and a PS2 under the dash on the passenger side... that should be a nice touch...

Feel free to Email me if anyone needs parts for their car... I have a shop and better yet, I have great prices....

Late..

Jon
JAvidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 09:35 PM   #8
Evilwayz249
AF Regular

thanks bro good luck with all the work you are going to be putting on the car
Old 08-01-2002, 11:55 PM   #9
oassaf
AF Newbie

Ya stillen has many parts for the spec-v including headers, exhaust and intakes, also coil-overs and lowering springs and a sweet fascia kit and bumper.
oassaf is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)