Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 06:01 PM   #1
LOWCIV
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to LOWCIV Send a message via Yahoo to LOWCIV
Cool JDM Honda Civic B16A SiR II with an auto transmission

i am almost finish installing my b16a2 on my 1993 Civic Dx with a JDM b16a2 with auto tranny..! its has taking me a while because i can only work on it a few hours a week..! but i finally got the engine in connected all the plugs except Vtec solenoid, vtec oil pressure, knock sensor, crank sensor, extend the O2 sensor from the front to the back of the engine, extend the Air temp sensor from the bottom of my old intake engine to the top of it, the engine went in very tightly very little room left on the drivers and passenger sides, also i need to get axles from a 94-95 integra with an auto trans, also i need a placeracing throttle cable bracket if i want to use the DX cable its only 25 plus shipping or get a 90-93 Integra throttle cable..! as far as the transmission cable its fits but i dont know if i need a new cable..! its a bit long ..! as far the engine mounts and brackets i used 94-95 Integra with an auto trans REAR mount i used the stock passenger and driver side they fit right..! i had a hard time aligning the rear mount but finally got it in..! all the plugs match from the Dx engine to the b16a2 except the trans solenoid the electrical connection i had to use the DX one which of course fit...! all the major things are done just minor things need to be installed but time is a thing i dont have to really finish it ...! but hopefully this weekend coming

i will be making a full list of the things needed for the swap

if you dont succed the 1st time Try and Try again..!
But its just me I am always Wrong...!
LOWCIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 11:37 PM   #2
BOLO
AF Newbie

Sounds good, i was going to do the same thing but decided to get an sir2 direct from Japan. Iwas getting a complete nose cut from a Japanese spec. integra (b16a engine, auto tranny, etc.) everything. All this for a cheap price of $850 U.S.
Anyways good to hear of your progress.
BOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 01:53 PM   #3
LOWCIV
AF Newbie

Talking

i finally got the axles, drivers and passenger from an 94 integra with auto a trans got a Distributor cap from a Integra GSR and plug wires..!
i am just missing the alternator pulley which i am getting from a friend of mine..!
if i am lucky enough and nothing goes wrong i should be able to start the engine tomorrow sometime..! cant hardly wait he he :badass:

is it really necessary to wired the crank sensor to the ECU
isnt it a pin for it already on my DX ECU..? and wired up ..? any one please i need advice..!

by the way i am using the a P30 ECU for an automatic b16

thanks....!

Last edited by LOWCIV; 04-26-2002 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-30-2002, 11:08 PM   #4
LOWCIV
AF Newbie

I am finally done..! got all the bolts and screws back on the car i havent driven my car for a while..! but tonite i drove it home i took off the power steering and the A/C out i didnt know what to expect what this engine in my car will feel like..! well it feels like totally different car alot of pull power, i went full throttle and in a sec or two the engine just went Zoom vtec came on and i was gone, while doing around 35-40 mph i floored it and vtec kicked in i had to hold the steering wheel with two hands i am not used to the car to accelerate this quick it felt like it just jump forward i could actually heard the vtec solenoid clicking ...! i have a thermal exhaust on the car and it was so loud Wow i woke up half the people on the block he he..! i just ordered a JDM GSR automatic transmission to keep as a spare just in case the one its on the car goes bad..! later i will be adding the A/C and Power Steering..! but for now the car drive so good, i have raise the car about one inch maybe more because this engine is heavy and pushing down the front of the car..! i have Ground Control, and a camber kit so i am set... soon i will be posting the complete list of parts i used for any one who its thinking about getting a b16a2 with a auto trans and have no clue on how and what parts to use.. i know i had a hard time finding the info and parts like engine mounts ....
Pics on the way..

any Questions

LOWCIV@msn.com

Old 05-08-2002, 12:50 PM   #5
LOWCIV
AF Newbie

car is running good pulling real hard at high rpm's, it dont drive bad at all even without the power steering he he.. no a/c also ...but i got them and planning on installing them in a few weeks and i just got a 1996 GS-R Automatic Transmission with the torque converter of which i am going install when i install the turbo, i am putting it together i already got a turbo manifold i am in the works of buying a turbo..! he he
i dont know what i am going to end up with with the GSR auto trans and the turbo Wow ..! for the mean while i got kamikaze headers and a front mount intake ..!

later

Old 05-09-2002, 12:33 AM   #6
jOYRiDe
AF Fanatic

one question... why auto?
jOYRiDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 11:46 AM   #7
LOWCIV
AF Newbie

Car Pics More Coming

Old 05-15-2002, 01:47 AM   #8
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Awsome job mate, the install looks really good, and very tidy.

I was wondering, did you have much trouble finding the Auto equiped b16a in the US?

They are VERY common in Japan, and most of the EG SiR's imported here are Autos. But the Auto option is not very common as a swap, and so I can't imagine many US parts importers bringing in Auto swaps from Japan.

And, as well as the car goes now, it will be unstoppable with a Turbo.
The Auto version of the B16a is actualy slightly detuned from the Manual version, and uses mostly differnt Cams, and ECU.
However since the cams have less Overlap it will take extremly well to Boost, and should easily make as much hp as a manual version.

And if the Turbo option falls through then a set of Aftermarket cams, or even 2nd hand cams from a Manual JDM B16a will make a noticable differnce.
Old 05-15-2002, 08:39 PM   #9
tenzoracerevovii
AF Enthusiast

damn....nice car moppie......the jdm hatchback's are cool man..... i've noticed that you sell some jdm stuff to AF'ers.......how much do you think you can sell me a jdm front bumper for the EF hatch like yours?....i'm not sure exactly what you need to do the conversion......i'm talking about converting the USDM to JDM.....so include whatever else i need for the conversion in the price....sorry for the inconvenience man!.....

Don't you know, it's 10 hp for every sticker, 50 hp extra for every additional inch of rear spoiler behond stock height.
-obiewancoyote
tenzoracerevovii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 12:55 AM   #10
confucius
AF Newbie

lowcivic where did u get a B16a2 with an auto at? I may be looking for one. email me at gbrothers@hotmail.com
confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 01:03 PM   #11
TrUnKs714
AF Newbie

nice swap i was thinkin about doin that myself in my 00 hatch but i dont know where to find the engine and trans. u seem to knoe alot about this, so im gonna ask u somethin. can i use a different transmission like...an LS auto transmission and mate it to the new SI engine? wut would i need in order to do this?
TrUnKs714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 12:34 PM   #12
zerofighter777
AF Newbie

Not sure where he got his, but I got my b16a auto at hondamotorsonline.com. There motors are clean and in good shape. You just have to ask for the motor trans. because they do not have it listed on their site. As far a the b16a with an integra ls trans., i'm not sure on that. If it is possiable you would need the jdm vtec auto ecu for sure. Hope this helps
zerofighter777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 03:16 AM   #13
Aznboi64
AF Newbie

WOW!!

I'm very impressed at the install. From the first time I heard about the B16a/b18c auto I knew I wanted one. I've done tons of homework on it but never had the cash to do it. And I'm glad to see that you've done the swap and haven't taken crap from anyone. To answer Trunks question you don't want to use the LS auto tranny, because it sucks and that it has longer gears. The B16a auto has shorter gears for the vtec. Lowciv I've give you mad props for doing the swap and keeping it auto. Try finding the B18C auto w/LSD. Yes there is one out there. ITs very rare. If you don't believe me check this web site link If you don't go boost, try going all motor. I talked to a guy who had a b18c bottom w/ type-r internals and a b16a top w/ type r internals and he says it pulls VERY strong. Just make sure for your car you get a performance torque converter and a tranny cooler for the days you down shift.
Aznboi64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 08:01 AM   #14
sparq
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to sparq
You list "Automatic" and "Performance" in the same sentence... (sig pic)

LOL...

RIP AUNIE
sparq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 12:32 AM   #15
Frostbyte
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Frostbyte
Quote:
Originally posted by sparq
You list "Automatic" and "Performance" in the same sentence... (sig pic)

LOL...
hahaha I was thinking the same thing.
JIC Magic Front and Rear Strut Bars
Slotted and Cross-drilled Rotors
S/S Brake Lines
Pivot Lazy eye controller
Blitz LM Intake
Blitz D1 Spec Turbo Timer
Soon to come:
Sard 550cc Injectors
Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust
Blitz Down pipe