Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 04:49 PM   #1
Jiminee64
AF Newbie

Progress : Concept Cars GT-'04 & Formula X

Hi everyone, this is the first time I have shown any of my work on AF and I hope I can get the pictures to work.
The first pictures are of an Italeri Ferrari 250 GTO. This model did not travel very well when I moved earlier this year and many of the smaller parts on the body were lost. I had always planned on redoing it as I first built about 8 years ago, which thankfully meant almost no paint and basically a fairly average job which came apart very easily.
The kit itself is pretty good, very well detailed. Since I could no longer build a replica I decided to build something I have never seen before - a modified GTO.
I have not finalised what I am going to do with it, I have 3 options and was hoping for some help on choosing which one to do.
They are
1 - Full on GT style race car
2 - A 21st century version of the original - a very fast road car
3 - An all out show car, with flashier paint and huge stereo
I keep changing my mind depending on what magazine I read so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
As you can see (hopefully) I have already filled in most of the air vents on the car, I thin they made the car look too busy. Same with the rear spoiler which has also been removed.

The other car began as a 1990 Benetton, once again I started building it a long time ago and was not happy with how it was turning out. Being a huge fan of the game Grand Prix Legends (a racing game based on the 1967 Grand Prix season), I wanted to make a similar style car using a modern base. That meant no wings, hard low grip tyres and no elctronics so I have removed the wings, rear diffuser and am also a set of NASCAR wheels and tyres and a mechanical fuel injection system from a Buick Skylark Modified kit. I will add more info on the project as it goes along.

With Scale Auto now gone from our shelves, AF is now my main source of modelling inspiration so thankyou for any advice/feedback.

Last edited by Jiminee64; 01-08-2004 at 04:33 PM.
Jiminee64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 05:08 PM   #2
Jiminee64
AF Newbie

I worked out how to include pics!

Old 01-09-2004, 04:43 PM   #3
Sigmaman
AF Premium User

Send a message via MSN to Sigmaman
Howzit goin Duncan?Welcome to AF.Interesting projects.Keep everyone posted.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:45 PM   #4
Sigmaman
AF Premium User

Send a message via MSN to Sigmaman
Howzit goin Duncan?Welcome to AF.Interesting projects.Keep everyone posted.The GTO you could do with modern EFI.The wheels look good.
Old 01-10-2004, 03:31 PM   #5
pettercardoso
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to pettercardoso

From this angle, this GTO looks like a TVR ... Very, very cool, I like it alot!
Keep us posted

And Welcome to AF!
Old 01-11-2004, 05:22 PM   #6
Jiminee64
AF Newbie

Re: Progress : GT-03 and Formula X

I have made some progress on the Ferrari. I have worked out a way to make the engine look like it as EFI as suggested by Sigmaman, that also means I can trim down the carb set up from this and use it on the Formula X car, which will look a lot better that the setup in the photo.
I have also cut a hole in the bonnet bulge, to make up for the others I filled in, it now looks like a 550/575 Maranello. I have also made some holes in the back for the brake lights and given it its first coat of primer. I will add some more pics soon.
Thanks for the feedback.
Duncan