Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > California
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
California California regional information. Events, Shows, Ect...
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 04:39 PM   #1
CivicLx
AF Enthusiast

Favorite Crew In Cali

Some might think this is a dumb post...but whatever. I'm just wondering what crews you guys like? Of course my faves will be show crews, but you can list anyones you like; show, race, drift whatever...Also you can list websites for the teams if you want.

Probably my favorite show crew is Team Hybrid from LA. The crew I'm in, we're just starting out so we're not real special, but I hope our crew someday achieves half the things that Hybrid has
CivicLx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 06:31 PM   #2
90hatchboi
AF Newbie

MY FAVORITE CREW IS TEAM MAYHEM... FOR OBVIOUS REASONS... ALSO I LOVE THE FF SQUAD AND THE EF SQUAD AND THIS CREW CALLED AMSEVEN... ALSO PROPS TO SQR, RACEREADYINC, OLD SCHOOL SYNDICATE.... FUCK PREMIER AND THAT OTHER CREW FROM THE BAY THAT THINKS THEY OWN THE WORLD...
intake
header
exhaust
TEAM MAYHEM
90hatchboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 07:28 PM   #3
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Quote:
Originally posted by 90hatchboi
MY FAVORITE CREW IS TEAM MAYHEM... FOR OBVIOUS REASONS... ALSO I LOVE THE FF SQUAD AND THE EF SQUAD AND THIS CREW CALLED AMSEVEN... ALSO PROPS TO SQR, RACEREADYINC, OLD SCHOOL SYNDICATE.... FUCK PREMIER AND THAT OTHER CREW FROM THE BAY THAT THINKS THEY OWN THE WORLD...
Ahhh, EF Squad. If you've ever seen their "Starbucks" pics on HT forums, I kick it there with them sometimes, and if you know who Richie and Brad are, I went to HS with them 2 fools!

Anyways, my fav crews would also have to be Hybrid, and I'm also digging on the wild JDM styles of Quickteck as well. Some of their kats (well Klein) kicks it with the EF Squad guys on occasions at Starbucks.

My heart and soul though is in a small little niche of a crew in Hacienda Heights, called Team Legacy.

Also gotta show love to the Autobots.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 04:50 PM   #4
Melt
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Melt
I like Powerline ... the people in it are all pretty coo

Mayhems aight also, although their membership requirements are bas ackwards.

I probably wont ever be able to become a member of either crew ... cars too slow.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:02 PM   #5
Frostbyte
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Frostbyte
I would have to say Team Mayhem because I am in the crew and we have some bad ass cars. The reason why getting in is soo hard is because we don't want the crew getting to big at all. We recuit 2 people a year and 90 days apart from each other. We have a lot of people wanting to get in.
JIC Magic Front and Rear Strut Bars
Slotted and Cross-drilled Rotors
S/S Brake Lines
Pivot Lazy eye controller
Blitz LM Intake
Blitz D1 Spec Turbo Timer
Soon to come:
Sard 550cc Injectors
Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust
Blitz Down pipe
HKS FMIC
http://www.driftmonkey.com (Part Owner)
Frostbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:10 PM   #6
CivicLx
AF Enthusiast

You only recruit two people a year? That's cool actually. Big crews are cool, maybe like 25 people max, but for us...I already think we're too big. We have less than 25 people, but since we're just starting out, I wish it was smaller. At our first meet, we had 9 people...perfect...The second meet we had 18. Ugghh...We're having our third meet this Saturday or Sunday and I guess we're going to decide who's in the crew and establish a set number of people.
I think a crew should start out small and focus on building up the cars and making connections and then maybe let one or two people in at a time.
The only advantage I could see with having a big crew is that it's more people that can bring connections to the crew. Like if 20 people have one connection each with either a shop or a company, then that's pretty cool. Or if you get team discounts at shops and they give you a bigger hookup because you have more members. That's the only advantage I could see to having a bigger crew.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:55 PM   #7
Frostbyte
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Frostbyte
Quote:
Originally posted by CivicLx
You only recruit two people a year? That's cool actually. Big crews are cool, maybe like 25 people max, but for us...I already think we're too big. We have less than 25 people, but since we're just starting out, I wish it was smaller. At our first meet, we had 9 people...perfect...The second meet we had 18. Ugghh...We're having our third meet this Saturday or Sunday and I guess we're going to decide who's in the crew and establish a set number of people.
I think a crew should start out small and focus on building up the cars and making connections and then maybe let one or two people in at a time.
The only advantage I could see with having a big crew is that it's more people that can bring connections to the crew. Like if 20 people have one connection each with either a shop or a company, then that's pretty cool. Or if you get team discounts at shops and they give you a bigger hookup because you have more members. That's the only advantage I could see to having a bigger crew.
We have 14 members right now we only recuit 2 people a year and everyone has to agree to have the new person in. If one person does not agree then we will not recuit them. We don't have to worry about shop discounts because our members have wholesalers and also have family members that own body shops so we get the hook up.
JIC Magic Front and Rear Strut Bars
Slotted and Cross-drilled Rotors
S/S Brake Lines
Pivot Lazy eye controller
Blitz LM Intake
Blitz D1 Spec Turbo Timer
Soon to come:
Sard 550cc Injectors
Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust
Blitz Down pipe
HKS FMIC
http://www.driftmonkey.com (Part Owner)
Frostbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 03:14 PM   #8
CivicLx
AF Enthusiast

That's cool. I mean I know it's about having fun, but I think business should be taken care of first. I think everyone should put together a portfolio with pics, mods list and future mods list. Then you should work on getting your hookups. It's just a matter of everyone using the same hookup. Like I have a body shop hookup but I don't know if everyone would want to use the same one. We have a car audio hookup, but I don't know if they would all want to come up to Modesto. Most of the members are from the bay area and Modesto would seem kind of far to them.

I don't know...I'm not in the mood to think right now
Old 08-01-2003, 05:25 PM   #9
TheNotoriousMogg
AF's #1 Bad Guy

Send a message via AIM to TheNotoriousMogg Send a message via Yahoo to TheNotoriousMogg
TLD

thegrumpysergeant.net
TheNotoriousMogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 11:41 PM   #10
emadboy200
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to emadboy200 Send a message via Yahoo to emadboy200
dang its been a while since ive been on AF, im not really big on being in crews and stuff like that, but the guys from the FF squad have some nice rides.
emadboy200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:13 AM   #11
projecktzero
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to projecktzero Send a message via Yahoo to projecktzero
i would definitly have to say team S.A.R.S., not only do we have a cool name we are not into areselves...not saying any of you are....we are just a bunch of rejects who seem to get along and like the same things.......and choose to be labeled as a virus.......--"better leave enough room for my fist because I am going to ram it into your stomach and break your goddamn spine!!!!"---( total recall)---
Old 08-11-2003, 04:17 AM   #12
Jetts
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Jetts
severed ties

sickest club in the us

throws the sickest partys and has the finest bitches

11/07/87 - 11/11/04
*** KEITH VALLEE***
R.I.P
Keith. higher then any mother fucker out there..... R.I.P homie..
Jetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 01:21 PM   #13
CivicLx
AF Enthusiast

Hey Jetts, do you know about some car show coming up in the middle of Sept? I think it's in Phx because it had a (602) area code...
Old 08-11-2003, 02:56 PM   #14
Jetts
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Jetts
Quote:
Originally posted by CivicLx
Hey Jetts, do you know about some car show coming up in the middle of Sept? I think it's in Phx because it had a (602) area code...

yea 602 is phx, but havnt heard anything about a show, only show i know of is in october, which is octorberfest ad that is minitrucks
of course going to be domanated by severed ties once again

email me some info about it mike

11/07/87 - 11/11/04
*** KEITH VALLEE***
R.I.P
Keith. higher then any mother fucker out there..... R.I.P homie..
Jetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:35 PM   #15
CivicLx
AF Enthusiast

Here's a flyer for it. I'm pretty sure it's Phx because I think Showcase Honda is in Phx and it looks like they're one of the sponsors for the show.