Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 06:06 PM   #1
Fishguy
AF Newbie

Noes! my Porsche 944 broke!!!!

i recently bought me a 1984 944, and i like it, its been fun,
except today when i tried to leave for work

i started it up, rumbled to life no problem,
i put in my Blue Man group CD into my Blaupunkt deck (ghetto wired for now, need to finish wiring up my sound)

i went to press the clutch and the pedal flipped down to the back with the lightest touch, and stayed there

i am like "WTFOMGBBQ" and reach down and lift the pedal back up, and try to press it again, and plunk, right down to the back... and i test moving the shifter a little bit and feel resistance, so the clutch is still in,

this leads me to the conclusion that the pedal is somehow detached from the clutch
of course, i dont know about car stuff, so i dunno whats wrong, it just seems like the pedal isnt connected to anything

oh, and some smoke starts coming out from under the hood, not much, but concerning, and ive noticed that a little bit of smoke has been coming out of the car infrequently, but the fluid levels seemed ok (oil, radiator, brake fluid), so i dont know whats up with that

ok, so i realise im gonna be late to work

call my boss, let him know, hes cool and says its not a problem
try to call my dad at the clinic to ask his opinion and what i should do, guess they are out to lunch, and dont pick up the phone

so i go back out, pop the lid and take a look, it appears that some dirt in on a pipe along side the engine is the source of the smoke, i wipe it off with a rag, and that looks good
i get the idea to move the car to the shade, dont know why at all
and so i take the parking brake off and push the car a few feet, and lo and behold, a big puddle of important looking car fluids on the driveway!

ok, so now im annoyed, i just bought this car!!

i look at the fluid, and it looks like maybe transmission fluid, as its kinds reddish, i feel it, and it feels kinda.. oily
i take a sample with a ziplock bag (ya know, flip it inside out, dab the fluid, flip it back outside in, zip it, and ive got a sample)
so i scutinize it and it looks the color of coca cola... seems oily...

and so i think i've an oil or transmission lube leak!

i check the dip stick, and im only about a 1/3 of a quart low...

so the clutch (or just the pedal) is broke, ive got a recurring smoke problem, and I've a leak
on my relatively new Porsche 944 with only 25,000 miles on it

my day just cant get any better can it?
Fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > General Discussion