Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 10:01 AM   #1
blk95lumina
AF Regular

5.3L Oil Filter Size Change from GM

Hello.
2000 Silverado 5.3L that I have owned for 19 years. For the past 5 years or so I have been using Bosch 3423 which I believe was a change from what I had used before but do not recall the number. Now come to find out the recommended filter size is 3332. I confirmed with Bosch this is no mistake and 3423 is now superseded by 3332 per GM. So just FYI to others out there with older 5.3L like mine and interested to hear anyone's thoughts on this.

What are the possible affects or ramifications of moving to a smaller filter?...3332 is close to the 3331 I use on my old Lumina 3.1L.

Oil flow? Oil pressure? Filter capacity? etc.

Even if the newer 5.3L are designed for the newer filters then does that mean the older 5.3L can simply use the same without any side affects?

Thanks.
blk95lumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 08:28 PM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: 5.3L Oil Filter Size Change from GM

I own a 2000 silverado still running great.. purchased in april 2000. I changed my oil filters back in 2002 from ac delco to purolator pure one and wix xp filters. filters are bigger and have greater flow and media larger size. my engine uses 1/3qt of oil 10K miles.. then I change it with mobil synthetic SN plus 5-30wt.
oil is perfectly clean .. I replaced my oil in nov 2020 the old filter looks like new. . keep your old truck do not buy new GM many failures ...
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado