Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 05:06 AM   #1
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Zero paints to USA

does anyone know if Hiroboy has resolved their issues with shipping "zero" paints to the USA
I've emailed Steve but never heard back from them
Thanks
John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
RonCla
AF Regular

Re: Zero paints to USA

His web site is still saying he is currently setting up a world wide shipping option and incorrectly placed orders will be instantly cancelled.

Its been saying that for months now.

Hiroboy was directing customers to Spot model on his Facebook page some time back saying they were shipping Zero paints overseas without too many issues

I have yet to deal with Spot Model but they carry an extensive range of Zero Paints.

http://shop.spotmodel.com/index.php?...d7hhn8o73f2q40
RonCla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
Zonic2001
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonCla View Post
His web site is still saying he is currently setting up a world wide shipping option and incorrectly placed orders will be instantly cancelled.

Its been saying that for months now.

Hiroboy was directing customers to Spot model on his Facebook page some time back saying they were shipping Zero paints overseas without too many issues

I have yet to deal with Spot Model but they carry an extensive range of Zero Paints.

http://shop.spotmodel.com/index.php?...d7hhn8o73f2q40
I have purchased from Spot Model before. They are reliable with considerable fast shipping.
Zonic2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
John18d
AF Enthusiast

thanks for the link RonCla and Zonic
John
Old 09-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
nascar49
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nascar49 Send a message via Yahoo to nascar49

Last I checked, to get a couple of bottles shipped here, the shipping was about $20 or so, if you are in need of color matched paint, why not try http://www.scalefinishes.com/welcome.html, Jameston is a great guy to deal with, and if you dont see a color, email him and he will get it for you, and most of his paint cost $7 a bottle with free shipping
US only
Old 09-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
BVC500
AF Enthusiast

I second Scalefinishes. Great paint and service.
BVC500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:10 AM   #7
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Nascar - thanks for the link to scale finishes - Mac at Mac's Modeling has tried to send me that way before.
there is a difference in the paints though - urethane vs lacquers or acrylics (enamel & lacquer).
For anyone that's used the "Zero"paints they know what the ease of use is and superb quality - not to mention Zero paints does the color research and either matches the paint to decals, the real thing, or thru color codes - and I don't have the color codes for "scale finishes" limited selection.
While I believe in buying USA first - I'll just have to bite the bullet on the shipping of the Zero paints - and it is a big bullet to bite - I hope Hiroboy gets back up and running.
what makes the shipping expensive is the fact that Zero paints are considered hazardous materials but shipping alcohol or perfume in larger quantities is perfectly fine - go figure. It's because in the USA there's no political lobbiests for the automotive paint industry.
John
Old 09-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
Zonic2001
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVC500 View Post
I second Scalefinishes. Great paint and service.
Me too... I use scalefinish products nowadays. Great customer service.
Zonic2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #9
stevenoble
AF Enthusiast

How do Spot model get the paints from Hiroboy..??? They are in Spain, so they must get the paints sent to them from Hiroboy (unless they mix them at Spotmodel) The whole paints problem came about because Royal Mail stopped the transportation of the paints by road, because they were re-classed as hazardous goods. So how are they getting to Spain..??? Surely they must travel to a UK airport by road and be flown to Spain, then complete their journey by road. How is that any different than traveling to the US..?? Or was it the airline companies who wouldn't allow them on board the planes going to the US..??
Old 09-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #10
nascar49
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nascar49 Send a message via Yahoo to nascar49

Quote:
Originally Posted by John18d View Post
Nascar - thanks for the link to scale finishes - Mac at Mac's Modeling has tried to send me that way before.
there is a difference in the paints though - urethane vs lacquers or acrylics (enamel & lacquer).
For anyone that's used the "Zero"paints they know what the ease of use is and superb quality - not to mention Zero paints does the color research and either matches the paint to decals, the real thing, or thru color codes - and I don't have the color codes for "scale finishes" limited selection.
While I believe in buying USA first - I'll just have to bite the bullet on the shipping of the Zero paints - and it is a big bullet to bite - I hope Hiroboy gets back up and running.
what makes the shipping expensive is the fact that Zero paints are considered hazardous materials but shipping alcohol or perfume in larger quantities is perfectly fine - go figure. It's because in the USA there's no political lobbiests for the automotive paint industry.
John
I have nothing against Zero Paint, and been wanting to try it, and the 2part clear, but I the shipping is whats stopping me, you do not need to know what the color codes are to get Jameston to mix the paint for you, if you can get it within the ball park, or send him a picture, he can will take it from there, I have had him mix me a lot a paint with out telling him the color codes.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #11
BVC500
AF Enthusiast

And I'll add that Jameston was able to get me colors that Zero Paints could not because Zero uses paint codes solely from Lechler, which I've found to be lacking. Jameston has a contact that can get paints from PPG, etc.
BVC500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #12
wadny
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Zero paints to USA

I'll add another vote for scalefinishes. Excellent paint, quick shipping, and Jameston has supported my local model club's annual show with donations and award sponsorship!
wadny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #13
spotmodel
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenoble View Post
How do Spot model get the paints from Hiroboy..??? They are in Spain, so they must get the paints sent to them from Hiroboy (unless they mix them at Spotmodel) The whole paints problem came about because Royal Mail stopped the transportation of the paints by road, because they were re-classed as hazardous goods. So how are they getting to Spain..??? Surely they must travel to a UK airport by road and be flown to Spain, then complete their journey by road. How is that any different than traveling to the US..?? Or was it the airline companies who wouldn't allow them on board the planes going to the US..??
The problem is the Royal Mail (in UK) but Zero Paints does not use Royal Mail to send products to SpotModel.

Zero Paints sends products to SpotModel (us) by road, and then SpotModel (us again) send products to Customers by Postal Service.
spotmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spotmodel For This Useful Post:
BVC500 (10-01-2013)
Old 10-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #14
stevenoble
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotmodel View Post
The problem is the Royal Mail (in UK) but Zero Paints does not use Royal Mail to send products to SpotModel.

Zero Paints sends products to SpotModel (us) by road, and then SpotModel (us again) send products to Customers by Postal Service.
Thanks for the information it's good to know. I am lucky because I live in the UK so I can get the Zero paints by courier with no problems. The Royal Mail is a Royal pain in the arse to be honest. I saw a poster at my local Post Office just yesterday and the amount of products they now prohibit to be sent via airmail is quite comprehensive. No paint, perfume, electrical devices, alcoholic spirits, aerosols the list goes on. Even to send these items by road in the UK now means you have to present them at the Post Office counter and get them certified as hazardous goods and labelled up appropriately. They are really doing themselves out of a lot of business and many companies are now using couriers instead of Royal Mail, their loss...
Old 10-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #15
UKPonchoMan
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenoble View Post
Thanks for the information it's good to know. I am lucky because I live in the UK so I can get the Zero paints by courier with no problems. The Royal Mail is a Royal pain in the arse to be honest. I saw a poster at my local Post Office just yesterday and the amount of products they now prohibit to be sent via airmail is quite comprehensive. No paint, perfume, electrical devices, alcoholic spirits, aerosols the list goes on. Even to send these items by road in the UK now means you have to present them at the Post Office counter and get them certified as hazardous goods and labelled up appropriately. They are really doing themselves out of a lot of business and many companies are now using couriers instead of Royal Mail, their loss...
Actually - this is not quite true. There is a new law which came into force earlier this year and prohibits pretty much anything being shipped - Royal Mail/Parcelforce are just complying with this, but maybe the rules in Spain are a little more lax. However, the same rules apply when shipping FROM the US - so just as Zero can't ship to the US, ScaleFinishes cannot ship to the UK...
UKPonchoMan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling