Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 10:21 PM   #1
KeGrO
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KeGrO
which speakers

ok i don't know anything about speakers, and i have alot of time to research. right now i have a alpine CDE 7872 head unit, and im in need of some advice, my speakers are 14 years old, and need to be replaced, im lookin for speakers that are loud and clear, that'll last a while, and i have 2 COUSTIC 10's and i box waiting, any advice on the type of speakers, or amp that would best fit with my deck?? thanks in advance. . .
KeGrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 09:15 AM   #2
AirAllen01
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to AirAllen01
I know from experience that Memphis is a great way to go. Also, there is Diamond Audio, MB Quart, Xtant, and many others. If you go with Memphis, the get one of their 4 channel amps to go with them. You won't be disappointed, I guarantee it.
AirAllen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 11:54 PM   #3
KeGrO
Banned

i looked up memphis audio, and found that they don't sell their stuff online, and only sell through authorized dealers. and so far i haven't found any memphis dealers in washington state, im thinking of spending about 200 on speakers, 6 1/2's and 6x9's all together, maybe a little more. but right now all my options are polk, infinity, alpine, and all the other brands at chains stores any advice?
Old 05-25-2003, 03:47 AM   #4
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
that's true .... many brands are getting picky about who sells (and installs) their stuff. Unfortunately, for every 1 self-installer that knows what they are doing, there are like 100 that don't. They only do it themselves cuz they can't afford a professional installation.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 11:47 PM   #5
AirAllen01
AF Enthusiast

You can try to search Ebay, but also if you go to www.memphiscaraudio.com and click on dealer locator, then you can input your city's name and it will search for a dealer for you. I searched Seattle and got two dealers, so if you search your city or one close you might find one.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:25 PM   #6
KeGrO
Banned

hell yes!! theres one in olympia (20 min drive at most), and couple by my dads house, thanks for the tip allen, but i think if i buy memphis i'll probly only be able to afford 6X9's or something what are prices like?
Old 05-30-2003, 01:02 AM   #7
AirAllen01
AF Enthusiast

Well here in Houston, we have a discount wholesaler where we can bargain the guy down to lower prices. My cousin got a pair of 6 1/2's for about $75 and a pair of 6x8's for about $80. I got two 10' Memphis HP competition subs for $320. I wouldn't know about the retail prices.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio