Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sorento
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 07:35 AM   #1
Fueller
AF Newbie

Frustrated... Sorento

Okay, so I heard many a great thing about the Sorento. My wife loved the look, I liked the price. Since November I have had problems...

First was the sunroof. For some odd reason, it quit tilting. So I take it into my dealership not once, not twice but 3 times before they could figure it out! Then they tell me if it happens again, I have to MANUALLY reset the dang thing...

Second was the "Check Engine" light. I was told to check the gas cap. Like "DUH", it's written on the cap that the light may come on so I check it often. I took it in and they told me they needed to change the spark plugs. Spark Plugs? What? You are kidding me right? With my schedule, I had to take it back in later in the week. So I let them change the plugs out from Champion to NGK. Fine... 2 weeks later guess what? That's right boys and girls, the "Check Engine" light appeared again! Now, I have to take yet another day off from work to take it in again! Barely over 3600 miles and I have taken this thing in 5 Times!

UPDATE!!!

Second trip into the KIA Dealership for the Check Engine light. This time they tell me that I need to have the Injector changed out. Work was done, however, they scratched the piss out of my truck and after seeing this, I raised the hood to see that they never replaced the plastic motor cover. Finally blew a gasket... They replaced the cover, but didn't own up to scratching my vehicle. That was Friday...

Today, Monday May 10th, My wife calls me at work to tell me that while she was dropping the kids off at school...The engine light came on AGAIN!!!
Old 05-28-2004, 09:37 AM   #2
BBL
AF Newbie

Re: Frustrated... Sorento

Well, at least I'm not the only one! My Sorento is 18 months old and I've had the radio replaced twice and the airbag light taken care of twice. Now, the bolt holding the crankshaft to the pulley has sheared and they're telling me I have to have the entire crankshaft replaced. I'm starting to really regret this purchase.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:54 AM   #3
Fueller
AF Newbie

.:Update 2:.

Took the Sorento into the shop on that Monday (10 May). It stayed in the shop until the following Wednesday when thier "Top-Notch" Mechanic came back after vacation. I guess after they had called KIA, Kia suggested that it was an internal problem and that the engine needed to be replaced! 3600 miles and it needs replaced? I was suppose to have gotten the truck back yesterday, but they said they were "Fine Tuning" the vehicle and it would be available today.

I am also seeking legal advice on this thing. As of today, the truck has been in the shop for 30 days (5 times before with 1 of those times it being there for 2 days). I've had this since November 28th of 2003. At this point, if I am given the choice, KIA will be buying my vehicle back!
Old 09-10-2004, 05:07 AM   #4
Crayox
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueller
.:Update 2:.

Took the Sorento into the shop on that Monday (10 May). It stayed in the shop until the following Wednesday when thier "Top-Notch" Mechanic came back after vacation. I guess after they had called KIA, Kia suggested that it was an internal problem and that the engine needed to be replaced! 3600 miles and it needs replaced? I was suppose to have gotten the truck back yesterday, but they said they were "Fine Tuning" the vehicle and it would be available today.

I am also seeking legal advice on this thing. As of today, the truck has been in the shop for 30 days (5 times before with 1 of those times it being there for 2 days). I've had this since November 28th of 2003. At this point, if I am given the choice, KIA will be buying my vehicle back!
There is easy answer to this. Your model came with an error, and that error, somewhere was causing the problem, and mechanics only fixed the symptoms every time but the problem stayed and caused the problem over and over again. I know you must be really frustrated about it, but every 100 or something models there is a faulty model that will cause its owner frustration like that, sometimes it's fixed and its fine after that, and sometimes not. It's a risk, and you had a bad luck.
What now? Well like you said, you have 2 choices, since you probably don't trust KIA no more, sell it back and get something else, or get another model and at least with that one you'll have less chance of getting the faulty model again...law of numbers....lol....like lighting striking the same place twice.
Best of luck mate
Old 10-29-2004, 08:03 AM   #5
nipsirc
AF Regular

If it is that new, there shouldn't be any problem with it. Clearly you havegotten a lemon Sorento. If I was in your shoes, I would take it back to the dealer and have it replaced totally with an identical SUV with the same mileage as the first time you brought it to them or give you your money back. If they disagree, I would sue the hell out of them. In this case, it is a no-brainer that you would win hands-down on this suit.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:36 PM   #6
LIZK26
AF Newbie

Smile

I Dont Know If Any Of You Guys Live Near Seattle, But I Live Near Seattl Eand Bought My Kia In Kirkland, They Were Awesome I Had Two Problems With My Check Engine Light And I Have To Admit I Was Not Happy To Have To Go In Twice But It Was Fixed And The Guy That Sold Me My Car Was There When I Was Waiting And Went And Bought Me Lunch, It Was A Great Experince And I Love My Kia
Old 02-27-2005, 03:39 AM   #7
nbr1nthuzyst
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nbr1nthuzyst Send a message via Yahoo to nbr1nthuzyst

i thought i wanted a kia, but im not sure i would want to go through all this?? any good things to say?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:57 PM   #8
enlightener
AF Newbie

I don't know if you are aware of this but at least here where I live in Florida we have what we call "Lemon Law" and you have qualified for that sins the third trip to your dealership. Sue Kia and get rid of that piece of junk ASAP!!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:16 PM   #9
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Re: Re: Frustrated... Sorento

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightener
I don't know if you are aware of this but at least here where I live in Florida we have what we call "Lemon Law" and you have qualified for that sins the third trip to your dealership. Sue Kia and get rid of that piece of junk ASAP!!!!
Please be aware of the posting dates of the thread before you post. Replying to anything more than a month old is useless.

Closing this thread.

Members please read: Guidelines

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sorento