Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
Bigbuckeye
AF Newbie

Jump Starter v. All-in-one systems

Between paying a 1.50 every time I want to put air in my tires... to going through the trouble of car to car jump starts, I am seriously considering a purchase of the Energizer All-in-one jump system.

I found one review on the Energizer, and was curious if anyone owns this particular product, or if they have something that is better to recommend.

I would appreciate any insights.

Respectfully,
Bigbuckeye
Bigbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
Re: Jump Starter v. All-in-one systems

Well, I'm wondering if perhaps you wouldn't be better having a GOOD set of jumper cables (nice, thick copper wire, a good long reach if you need to have the cars NOT nose-to-nose for any reason, etc.) and have a subsequent tire inflating system.

I have a car-lighter-adaptable, portable tire inflator that I LOVE! It's actually made by Slime but it's ultra compact and I can use it for both of my cars with the lighter attachment, but it also attaches directly to my bike's trickle-charger-adapter so I can take the inflator on bike trips. http://www.amazon.com/Slime-40001-Po.../dp/B000ET9SB4
The one downfall of this inflator is that because it's so compact, it doesn't have an air gauge built-in, but I've found built-in gauges to be inaccurate anyway.

As a rule, the problem with any "all in one" product is that yeah - it may do 3 or 4 things, but it doesn't do any of them well... it does them all with mediocrity. I'm not totally familiar with the linked product you provided, but I'd assume it falls under the same "I do a bunch of things OK" category.

Let us know what you decide, though!

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
Oldengineer
AF Regular

Re: Jump Starter v. All-in-one systems

I have one of the jump pack units from Harbor Freight. Cost wasn't too bad, and, its saved me a couple of times. Its got a built in air compressor, and, a light as well. Only problem is that the end of the tire inflator is hard to get off tire valves at times. The other thing to be aware of with the one I have - you have to keep it upright because its battery will leak acid out if its on its side - according to the literature with it. I'm careful to wedge it in my trunk so it can't tip over when I travel with it.

Regards:
Oldengineer
Oldengineer is offline   Reply With Quote