Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 11:15 PM   #16
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pimprolla112 Send a message via MSN to pimprolla112
Re: rednecks

Dude this post is over 6 months old.

I know your friend had some work done to get his truck to run an 11, those trucks had power but they were not that fast stock.

Second off i was replying back to blazingz28 about the tampon. Seriously a majority of the mustang drivers in my area are either old guys who are having a midlife crisis or young yo boys who drive around like they have the fastest car on the planet and will make some dumb excuse when they roasted by a honda. Now il admit its the driver not the car.

And finally your coment on how domestic drivers are the reason import guys are building there cars to compete with them is bullshit. When you compare a fox body to a civic as for cost and getting them into the 13's sec range comes out to be about the same price when its complete. And another thing your comparing a car that has 5.0l of displacement compared to one with 1.6-1.8l. The mustang makes what 200hp back in 86 from the factory, weighs what 3800lbs where as the civic with a ls swap thats a non-vtec motor has 140hp and weighs about 2300lbs. In the theory of power to weight the civic should be only about a .5 sec slower than a mustang given the fact that there mustang engine is almost 3 times the size of the engine not only is the import engine more efficient the car is lighter. I can sit here for as long as it takes to shut you up so if you want to keep this going go ahead but i have better things to do then to type on the net to soemone who wants to argue over how one car is better than another.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
Old 11-20-2006, 06:26 AM   #17
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimprolla112
Dude this post is over 6 months old.

I know your friend had some work done to get his truck to run an 11, those trucks had power but they were not that fast stock.

Second off i was replying back to blazingz28 about the tampon. Seriously a majority of the mustang drivers in my area are either old guys who are having a midlife crisis or young yo boys who drive around like they have the fastest car on the planet and will make some dumb excuse when they roasted by a honda. Now il admit its the driver not the car.

And finally your coment on how domestic drivers are the reason import guys are building there cars to compete with them is bullshit. When you compare a fox body to a civic as for cost and getting them into the 13's sec range comes out to be about the same price when its complete. And another thing your comparing a car that has 5.0l of displacement compared to one with 1.6-1.8l. The mustang makes what 200hp back in 86 from the factory, weighs what 3800lbs where as the civic with a ls swap thats a non-vtec motor has 140hp and weighs about 2300lbs. In the theory of power to weight the civic should be only about a .5 sec slower than a mustang given the fact that there mustang engine is almost 3 times the size of the engine not only is the import engine more efficient the car is lighter. I can sit here for as long as it takes to shut you up so if you want to keep this going go ahead but i have better things to do then to type on the net to soemone who wants to argue over how one car is better than another.

Actually the fox body mustangs were closer to 2700 or 2800 pounds, they are surprisingly light weight. Not only that people have run a 13.9 with only slicks already with otherwise stock LX 5.0s. I am not trying to start anything but they are really good cars for racing. I don't think a civic could match it for the price.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:06 AM   #18
mas&NKS
AF Newbie

i wanst saying that civic owners and such build thier cars to compete with domestic guys. redneck hillbilyy type people are the ones that started racing in the first place...hence "you wouldnt have racing if it werent for rednecks". and the 86 mustang weighed 2732lbs and produced about 200hp. i looked the wight up on the title. and is not arguing if one car is better that the other. ive owned a civic before and they are good cars. i would just personally spend my money on something else.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:50 AM   #19
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pimprolla112 Send a message via MSN to pimprolla112

Beleive me rednecks did not start racing, they had there part in nascar and the 1/4 mile but before any of that was even in the works road racing was what has developed into the what racing is today, rally, drag racing, street racing, indy, lemans nascar all have roots that orginated in road racing.

I know how the foxbody is one of the best budget drag cars ever made but thats about the only thing they have ever been known for.

Every type of car has there people that would do nothing but praise that vehicles existence im talking any car a cavalier to a damn saturn. They all have there own group of people who will swear by the way the car is made. While one person might build a cavalier there are some people who will look at that car and laugh, same thing with hondas, mustangs and f-body cars. Hell i dont see a point in putting money into some cars while others i would go broke trying to put every mod possible on. Its the same with the show car scene i cant see putting 15k plus into a car that rarely gets driven, now i understand company cars show cars are the best way to release new product for the market but i couldnt see putting performance parts on a car thta has 1k lbs of audio equipment that might get driven once every 2 months.

Now like you wouldnt drop money into a honda i wouldnt drop money into a mustang, you see just as many civics on the road as you do mustangs now. I personally dont like about 85% of the civics i see fart cans, neon, giant wings, 5" tachs on an automatic with an intake and exhaust its stupid this is where the ricer stems from, while the others the tuner style with clean simple cars usually a set of wheels, lip kit and a nice amount of performance mods ie turbo setup with cams and a built block are the ones that i like to see there not flashy they dont try to make the car draw attention. Everyone has there own preferences for what they like.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
Old 11-22-2006, 08:13 PM   #20
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx

There's been too much talking of smack and insulting in this thread. Combined that witht he fact it was brought back from the dead, and it's locked.

Let's respect each other and respect other cars in general better. Just because one person like civic's and dislikes v8's and another loves v8's and hates imports doesn't give anyone the right to go off and insult an entire group of people based on what they drive.

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!