Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tucson
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 10:25 AM   #1
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Best review of the Tucson yet.

Review

Interesting review. I'm impressed.

TS out

Members please read: Guidelines
twospirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:07 AM   #2
LBOCEAN
AF Newbie

Re: Best review of the Tucson yet.

Impressed? Your kidding right?

I can't tell you how much I hate some of these guys who rate vehicles.

They practically SLAM these vehicles into the ground, with extreme unrealistic expectations, and not to mention...

"The seats are comfortable, but... Upholstery pattern, which resembles barbed wire"? What! Get you glasses cleaned, It's a standard dot pattern. And when was the last time you hung a fence to keep the hurd in anyway?

The pattern is perfectly fine. It breaths better than most, which allows for quicker heating or cooling as one would want. And with that one to one dot to surface ratio, you'll find it's easier to slide/twist sideways to get in/out of the vehicle than those with solid surface material. Especially during hot seasons.

I especially like fact that he left out how Hyundai actually uses better quality materials "All around the seats", not just in the main seating area like other mfg's do.

Bunged up Floor Mats? Just what exactly were you doing in the car besides driving?

And that paragraph refering to "heavy foot, lunge, shutdown, lunge"... (I'm still working on the floor mat fiasco. Perhaps there related?

Sloppy Transmission? Like any vehicle out there, each has it's own shifting abilties, and is pretty much up to the driver to become adaptive and know what it takes to get the vehicle to perform. (I refer you back to the floor mat difficulty at this point)

Finally, more than one 12 Volt adapter up in front? What a Lame thing to point out.

Over 2/3 of the vehicle on the market have one outlet up front. And we don't have to be talking just SUV's here because I've been running a business using my 4 door sedan just fine for the past 10 years with a single outlet, and... Ugh, you do know there are adapters out there you can use to expand a single outlet... Right?

Further more, if you do a proper amp rating calculation, you'd come up with that you can easily run a laptop, phone charger and third party mp3 player (fair choice of equipment for the test) all just fine without overloading the single outlet. And, everything stays nice and neat without looking like a charging station for Hybrid vehicles.

I think the biggest problem that most of these so-called Test Driver/Writers have is, they don't follow-up with the Mfgr before publishing their article to see exactly why a company choose to do something a certain way, or perhaps do further investigation on an issue they had (I refer back to the floor mats again) when testing the vehicle. Which in my mind, only show just how thorough some of these evaluaters really are.

Bottom line here is take those artciles with a grain of salt, and in the case of this paticular article, open up the back tailgate, plug that portable BBQ into that rear outlet and I'll take mine medium rare thank you.

And pass the pepper while your at it

Last edited by LBOCEAN; 05-02-2005 at 05:38 AM.
LBOCEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:06 AM   #3
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

You see this is a perfect example of a post being taken the wrong way if one forgets to post a smiley at the right spot.

I wasn't really serious, actually I was being sarcastic, but for some reason I forgot to place this smiley at the end of the sentence, (although I swear I did). Oh well. No harm done (I think).

You are right about some of these automobile raters. Some are bias to a brand no matter what, and will find anything to shot the next guy down, even though its a better auto.

TS out

Old 05-03-2005, 09:05 AM   #4
LBOCEAN
AF Newbie

Actually, if you hadn't made a comment, I still would have written the rebutle about the write-up.

Hyundai has come along way and has worked extremely hard to buff away that bad smoking car image, and they've done pretty well.

I myself like factual information, and fortunately for me, I just so happen to have a real good contact within to ask those questions.

On another note. Were is everybody. I now there are lots and lots of Tucson owners out there.

Everybody needs to chime in a post, post, post!
Old 05-03-2005, 09:34 AM   #5
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Didn't you get the memo, they are all out driving.

You know speaking of the Tuscon, why is it that it and the Kia Sportage are basically the same vehicle and yet the Tuscon, did better in crash tests and the Sportage didn't. Its stuff like that that drives me nuts.

TS out

Old 05-03-2005, 10:16 AM   #6
LBOCEAN
AF Newbie

That's the keyword there... Basically the same.

For factual details, I'll have to refer back to my contact on that one. But my guess would be the design of the uni-body construction and attention to certain details.

I test drove the Sportage about 3 weeks ago (to compare) and found and did like some of the features like the rear cargo retractable cover.

I actually have both brochures. Perhaps a thread showing side by side photo comparison is in order?
Old 06-10-2005, 02:40 PM   #7
Snoopyt
AF Newbie

Howdy all,
my wife and I recently purchased a new Tucson fwd v6. Its nice. handles great. Stops exelent. accelerates great. Someone did a slam stop infront of us the other day aqnd es system seemed to its job.We didn't hit'm.
Over all, we like it.
Snoopy
Snoopyt is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tucson