Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 05:34 PM   #61
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: 240 Petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk
lilskyline240
Go back and look at my fist post. If people keep buying used RWD cars Nissan is never going to build a affordable new RWD car because they won’t see any demand for one.

Nissan has to see that there are people willing to put there money where there mouth is.

ok that logik is backwards... if people show an interest in cheap rwd cars, nissan will see that an be MORE likely to make a new one. if all the 240s, ect. sit rusted in the used lots then they definitely WONT think anyone wants it, especially if those potential 240 owners now all drive spec-Vs or altimas or something

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:57 PM   #62
lilskyline240
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lilskyline240
Re: Re: 240 Petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways...
ok that logik is backwards... if people show an interest in cheap rwd cars, nissan will see that an be MORE likely to make a new one. if all the 240s, ect. sit rusted in the used lots then they definitely WONT think anyone wants it, especially if those potential 240 owners now all drive spec-Vs or altimas or something
well around my area there are no 240's just sittin around...i wish there were so i could pick up another one....
lilskyline240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:56 PM   #63
mynismo
yada yada yada

Send a message via AIM to mynismo

why would you want to bring back a classic?

classic's are classic's only because they cannot be brought back. only those with true jdm spirit can bring them back to life =)
Old 10-14-2005, 01:59 PM   #64
lilskyline240
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lilskyline240

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynismo

classic's are classic's only because they cannot be brought back. only those with true jdm spirit can bring them back to life =)
True Dat....long live the 240....ill still be drivin mine in 10+ yrs from now...
lilskyline240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:16 PM   #65
driftking777
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to driftking777 Send a message via MSN to driftking777

Quote:

true classics can be brought back...so your saying if they came out with a new S16 that looked close to the actual S chassis cars that you wouldnt want to buy it...if they can make a new 240 and make it hot...i know i would want it. also look at alot of kit cars...427 cobra replicas ect...people buy thoughs all the time becuase they love them and want one...(of course if they brought back the 240 it would have to be within a reasonable price) unlike the the s15 which new was pretty pricey
83 RX7: KA-T, t3/t4 turbo,Tial 38mm WG, MR coilovers, 5 lug conversion all around, TII brakes, hydraulic hand brake, 8" rear", 6 point cage, AMS Rebuild kit, Fully ported polished race head, Custom interior, JLine 6LR2 15x8, 16x9.5
driftking777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:02 AM   #66
mynismo
yada yada yada

Send a message via AIM to mynismo

no, i probably would not want one, because:

1. current aftermarket support for the sr20det is insane
2. chances are renault will not style it like the old s chassis (13,14,15)
3. everyone would have one

and im in love with the s13. the only way i'd buy it is if they sold the exact 180sx as lhd in the u.s. (preferably type x )
Old 10-15-2005, 01:29 PM   #67
Elk
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways...
I think you misunderstood what I said, when I said “Nissan has to see that there are people willing to put there money where there mouth is.” I don’t mean buy SPEC-Vs and Altimas, I mean buy there competition’s RWD cars.

Nissan doesn’t see the hi-demand for used 240 as proof that there is demand for a new 240. Nissan sees people who buy used 240 as people who can’t afford a new car. Automotive companies don’t like taking risks unless Nissan sees there NEW FWD cars taking a sales hit form the competition NEW RWD cars there not going to build new RWD cars.

You have to remember automotive companies are run by business school grads that know very little about cars all they really understand is money.
Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 03:03 PM   #68
driftking777
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to driftking777 Send a message via MSN to driftking777

Quote:
no, i probably would not want one, because:

1. current aftermarket support for the sr20det is insane
2. chances are renault will not style it like the old s chassis (13,14,15)
3. everyone would have one

and im in love with the s13. the only way i'd buy it is if they sold the exact 180sx as lhd in the u.s. (preferably type x )
I do agree with you...they wouldnt make the S chassis anywhere near the same, the SR market is way to big to worry about something new they would come out with, any yes everyone would have one...doesnt mean you wouldnt think it was nice...and i was saying IF they made it like the original S chassis...not they will...god knows they wouldnt nothing ever looks as good as the originals...or anywhere close to looking like them.
83 RX7: KA-T, t3/t4 turbo,Tial 38mm WG, MR coilovers, 5 lug conversion all around, TII brakes, hydraulic hand brake, 8" rear", 6 point cage, AMS Rebuild kit, Fully ported polished race head, Custom interior, JLine 6LR2 15x8, 16x9.5
driftking777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:17 PM   #69
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk
I think you misunderstood what I said, when I said “Nissan has to see that there are people willing to put there money where there mouth is.” I don’t mean buy SPEC-Vs and Altimas, I mean buy there competition’s RWD cars.

Nissan doesn’t see the hi-demand for used 240 as proof that there is demand for a new 240. Nissan sees people who buy used 240 as people who can’t afford a new car. Automotive companies don’t like taking risks unless Nissan sees there NEW FWD cars taking a sales hit form the competition NEW RWD cars there not going to build new RWD cars.

You have to remember automotive companies are run by business school grads that know very little about cars all they really understand is money.
right i did misunderstand you but you are still off, just for the fact that there are no new cars in the class that the 240 was in. maybe the rx8 but other than that the class is dead. so nissan cant see people buying the competitions cars if they dont make any

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:54 PM   #70
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

Who cares about classic this and classic that... Either you like the car or you don't. Classification should not be a pre-requisite of taste for cars. If some car is considered a granny car, but I get in it and discover that it handles like a dream and has some balls, then I like it. Simple as that.

I say Nissan advances. All the domestic car companies are "Goin' back to the old'n days!" Nissan, along with other top name Japanese compaines, needs to ADVANCE in their manufacturing. Design new cars instead of making newer cars look "Retro,". Retro is so played out. Everythign is retro this or retro that. Japan should be different. They should be original. And original in thier own. They are famous for turbocharged engines that put out power. SR20, RB25&26, 2JZ, 7M-GTE, 4G63, CA18, F20C all insane engines. I did not list one engine that cannot push 400whp on stock internals. I say its time Japan up's the bar... GM wants to push 500hp, well I say Japan pushes 500whp with plenty of room to grow. They did it with the supra. 300hp with 900whp potential. They can do it again.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX