Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 01:54 PM   #1
CFarias
AF Regular

Is anyone else having issues with HLJ's Private Warehouse?

Howdy from Texas,

I've been buying from HLJ since the '90's, and am very happy with their service, but it's only lately that I started using their private warehouse. However, I'm having problems with the private warehouse and am wondering if it's just me.

I've read other threads about the private warehouse but it seems that the things people were complaining about, that were supposed to be fixed, are happening to me.

I ordered items out of stock and paid for them when they are available. I'm then asked to immediately pay for the shipping which I do. But, then I don't get the option to hold the order until more items arrive so that I can consolidate the shipping. Also, I just had an order get cancelled from my private warehouse for non payment even though I never got a notice that they were back in stock and ready to be purchased.

From what I understand, I don't have to pay for items in my private warehouse until they are ready to be shipped and then, once i paid for them, I should then have the option to hold them at HLJ for a short time until more of my private warehouse items arrive. Am I wrong? Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.
CFarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
freakray
AF Modelrater

Re: Is anyone else having issues with HLJ's Private Warehouse?

If you order an out of stock item and select to 'ship to private warehouse' they send you a payment request once the item is in stock. Once it's in stock, you pay for the item they will hold it for 60 days. After 60 days, they will automatically send you a payment request for shipping and once you pay, will ship.

So, for items that are in your private warehouse:
  • If it is in stock when you place the order, you pay for the item and they place it in your private warehouse for up to 60 days
  • If it is out of stock/backordered when you place your order, you pay once they have it in stock and they place it in your private warehouse for up to 60 days
  • If, during the 60 day period, you request shipment, they will send you a request for payment for shipping and then they will ship when you pay
  • If you reach the 60 days without requesting shipment, they will send you a request for payment for shipment and then ship once you have paid

You must select 'Ship to private warehouse' at time the original order is placed, otherwise you will be asked to pay for shipping when the item comes into stock and they will ship to you immediately.

You do have to pay for items in the private warehouse, it just allows you to consolidate multiple orders into a single shipment more easily as they give you 60 days of holding time once the item is in stock and you've paid.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:31 PM   #3
RonCla
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakray View Post
If you order an out of stock item and select to 'ship to private warehouse' they send you a payment request once the item is in stock. Once it's in stock, you pay for the item they will hold it for 60 days. After 60 days, they will automatically send you a payment request for shipping and once you pay, will ship.

So, for items that are in your private warehouse:
  • If it is in stock when you place the order, you pay for the item and they place it in your private warehouse for up to 60 days
  • If it is out of stock/backordered when you place your order, you pay once they have it in stock and they place it in your private warehouse for up to 60 days
  • If, during the 60 day period, you request shipment, they will send you a request for payment for shipping and then they will ship when you pay
  • If you reach the 60 days without requesting shipment, they will send you a request for payment for shipment and then ship once you have paid

You must select 'Ship to private warehouse' at time the original order is placed, otherwise you will be asked to pay for shipping when the item comes into stock and they will ship to you immediately.

You do have to pay for items in the private warehouse, it just allows you to consolidate multiple orders into a single shipment more easily as they give you 60 days of holding time once the item is in stock and you've paid.
Thats a comprehensive coverage of exactly how I've found HLJ Private Warehouse operates.

I pay by Paypal and HLJ automatically charge me as backordered items become available.
RonCla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #4
CFarias
AF Regular

Thanks, freakray.

What you've said is what I thought is supposed to happen but it's not happening for me.

What's also happening is that when I try to go to my private warehouse directly from my HLJ login they say I have no items in there, but when I go to it from my HLJ email notifications the items I have show up.

Thank for your help.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:46 PM   #5
CFarias
AF Regular

Thanks, RonCla
Old 02-18-2015, 11:15 AM   #6
jikdoc
AF Newbie

what i've noticed is that there's a lag in their system inventory updates, it's not like Sprue Brothers which is virtually real-time
i've placed orders for pre-orders and have seen it in stock but not placed into my private warehouse. what i would say is to be patient and let them update their stock etc, i lost my spot in the pre-order line when i was impatient and purchased the item (which i was then told was out of stock) and cancelled my pre-order. sometimes, they also cancel your pre-order if they don't receive as much stock as they expected.
it's all on the up and up, but their inventory system seems to be updated manually and doesn't reflect real times stock. give it a day or so or send an email.

Last edited by jikdoc; 02-18-2015 at 01:46 PM.
jikdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:34 PM   #7
Veyron
AF Fanatic

Just realized I've been ordering from HLJ for 20 years.

Works good for me, like freakray has said.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:24 PM   #8
CFarias
AF Regular

Thanks jikdoc. Yes, it seems that there is a lag in their system. And, when I get cancellation notices I can re-setup the order and I've not lost any money or anything. I still prefer to order from them.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling