Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
nakadds
AF Newbie

zero paint italian red vs xanavi red

Does anyone know if zero paint italian red is the same as the xanavi(nismo) red? Instruction for Tamiya xanavi gtr r34 calls for the red part of the body to be painted ts8 which zero paint italian red is suppose to be similar to. But from my own experience with the zero paint, it does not match the red on the kit's decal as well as ts8 does. I'm wondering if the red from the xanavi paint set would match the decals better or are both reds the same?
nakadds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
SuperMele
AF Regular

Re: zero paint italian red vs xanavi red

I've bought the zero xanavi pack (the red and the silver) and also noticed that the red from zero is not the same as the red from the decals...

Greetz
SuperMele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Completely unhelpful but it just wanted to say that it is possible and not entirely unlikely that Tamiya matched their decals to their paint; thus, the red suggested by them (TS-8) and the red used on their decals isn't a correct match for the real Xanavi red.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
star21
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
Completely unhelpful but it just wanted to say that it is possible and not entirely unlikely that Tamiya matched their decals to their paint; thus, the red suggested by them (TS-8) and the red used on their decals isn't a correct match for the real Xanavi red.
I think you just answered your own question then. From a business stand point Tamiya (or any other manufacturer) would use whatever colors they have in their paint lineup that look similar or as close to the 1:1 version. Simply you sell more product that way. No doubt that would be the reason why they produce the decals the same way.

Its unfortunate that accessory companies like Shunko Models, ST27, Tabu Design, etc. didn't release a separate decal sheet (the successor 'Z' got all the attention). Maybe you can have someone with an ALPS printer make you some? Have them print out the separate sponsor logos (minus the red) and just use the Zero Paints that you've already got.
star21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:16 AM   #5
flhansen
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
Hi

The TS-8 doesn't quite match either. I suppose that the Zero Xanavi red was mixed to match TS-8. The red on the decals is lighter and as there is two not quite similar finishies (The other is the Motul ) in the kit that require differently shaped cutouts in the silver 'burst' decals. The best way would probably be to make the cutout in the silver 'burst' decals and then cut out the XANAVI characters individually or try to match the red of the decals by mixing the xanavi red with a brighter red... difficult.

Flemming
flhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:48 AM   #6
matador88
AF Regular

for me good match is gunze mr color super italian red. (over grey base)
matador88 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling