Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 208 | 308 | 328 | Mondial
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-26-2001, 10:58 AM   #16
ichthus
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to ichthus Send a message via AIM to ichthus Send a message via Yahoo to ichthus
The first picture posted was of a 288GTO.

The second picture posted was a 308GTS, I think.

The third picture posted was a 328GTS, I think.

If someone will please verify, the targa tops as shown are designated with a GTS name while GTB would identify a coupe.

Old 02-26-2001, 02:52 PM   #17
beezer
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to beezer
Talking true

that i would too ( take the ferrari) but on the other hand there is about what at least a 30-40 thousand dollar difference between the two. I know u can get a basically brand new fiero gt off ebay for bout 10,000 but i really dont know how much the 308 costs. but im also pretty sure it is the cheapest ferrari out there right? so for the money im saying u could buy a nice truck to tow ur brand new fiero gt or just the ferrari hey but when it comes to styles and babes the fiero does sound like a mini ferrari. but i too would like to have a real one i just dont have the money . Beezer
beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 03:17 PM   #18
ichthus
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to ichthus Send a message via AIM to ichthus Send a message via Yahoo to ichthus
308's can be had for as little as $25-45k, depending on condition. Please, don't refer to them as "cheap", however..."least expensive", if you will

Ferrari 400's, 412's, and Mondials can go for as low as $20k, but don't offer quite the image or performance you'd expect from a Ferrari.

If you're willing to pay $10k for a Fiero you've apparently got bad enough taste, however, that you may want to toss out another 5 grand for a Delorean. That gives you the exclusivity and image, without the high price.
Old 02-26-2001, 03:36 PM   #19
beezer
AF Newbie

i agree

once again u are also right too. but when i say put out 10,000 for a fiero i mean like an 88 gt leather fully loaded with like 40 miles on it and stuff. i mean i bought mine for 1500 and i mean its worth every penny that i spent.
but like u said a delorean would be nice but i heard they are that realiable, like a fiero is but i mean to get a delorean with more than 40 miles im sure u would have to fork out a little more that 15,000. but thats just my opinion, sorry bout calling it cheap every ferrari expensive or not deserves respect fpr the are the kings of the road! beezer
beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 10:15 PM   #20
ichthus
AF Newbie

I'm not sure of the miles, but I've seen Deloreans advertised for between $15k and $25k...almost NEVER more than that...but usually for about $17k. Simply because they are such collectors and fairly unreliable they dont' tend to become daily drivers for most people. I'd say it offers a nice alternative, however, for those seeking something interesting.

A couple more rare exotics that can be had for relatively small prices are the Birklin and De Tomaso Panteras.
Old 02-26-2001, 10:18 PM   #21
ichthus
AF Newbie

Of course, you also have a wide range of Porsche's, old Lotus Esprit's, and early model Acura NSX's.

IMO, if you want the cheapest mid-engine car with decent reliability, low insurance cost, and great mod-potential then the Porsche 914 is the only option.
Old 02-26-2001, 11:03 PM   #22
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
Mister2 isn't bad either, and it'll kill the Porsche in looks (IMO) and still won't break the bank.
Old 02-27-2001, 12:48 AM   #23
ichthus
AF Newbie

'tis true...
Old 02-28-2001, 04:32 PM   #24
beezer
AF Newbie

Just wondering wasnt the 308 used in that movie or show with umm bert rynalds? what was it called magnum pi?
Old 03-01-2001, 07:43 PM   #25
ichthus
AF Newbie

Magnum PI had Tom Seleck, and yes the 308 was used. That was mentioned already in this thread......
Old 03-01-2001, 10:26 PM   #26
R33
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to R33
Yes. The Magnum PI Ferrari. It's a 308 GTS (not GTB). It's 3 litre V8. Has a couple of variants to the model. Some have 2 valves per cylinder and carburated. The more popular ones are the 4 valves per cylinder variant and fuel injected using Bosch Motronic (I think it was the first generation Motronich). These are called the 308 GTS Quattrovalvoe (QV for short) The engine pumps out around 240 bhp with a top speed of about 250kph. Want to know more? Go to http://home.att.net/~ferrari/

R33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 05:33 PM   #27
beezer
AF Newbie

Smile

oops sorry bout that didnt see it
Old 02-15-2002, 05:48 PM   #28
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
Magum PI 308

Actually, the 308 in magnum was a 2.8L V6. In a Fiero platform. The car was not actually a Ferrari, but the first Fiero based replicar. It was call the Mera Fiero, and was a limited run of about 5000 I think. Hey beez, check out www.cybercars.com/fierohq.html/ for the "Euro Bumper" for your Fiero. It's an F355 airdam kit(just the airdam), and I think it matches the Fiero better than the original nose.

Connor - Porsche Nazi since 2001, VW defiler since 2004

This here's a Fabrication forum!
My lugnut requires more torque than your LS1 makes.
Cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 08:15 AM   #29
CraigFL
AF Regular

Re: Magum PI 308

Quote:
Originally posted by Cbass
Actually, the 308 in magnum was a 2.8L V6. In a Fiero platform. The car was not actually a Ferrari, but the first Fiero based replicar. It was call the Mera Fiero, and was a limited run of about 5000 I think. Hey beez, check out www.cybercars.com/fierohq.html/ for the "Euro Bumper" for your Fiero. It's an F355 airdam kit(just the airdam), and I think it matches the Fiero better than the original nose.
That seems to disagree with this:

http://www.ferrariclub.com/faq/magnum.html
CraigFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 06:56 PM   #30
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
Hmm. I read the page, and I know that the Mera edition Fieros were used in the show. That page says that real 308's were used for the show, and that there is rumour that kit cars were used for stunts. I know they used Mera Fieros in the show, so it must just be for the car chases. 308's were pretty expensive when they were new.

Connor - Porsche Nazi since 2001, VW defiler since 2004

This here's a Fabrication forum!
My lugnut requires more torque than your LS1 makes.
Cbass is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 208 | 308 | 328 | Mondial