Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 12:46 PM   #121
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
simple fact though, is that this isn't about the war, it's not about politics, it's simply about whether people like domestics or imports.

i've got an opinion, i stated it.

you stated yours, i can state mine.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:10 PM   #122
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hybridsol
Quote:
Originally posted by KrNxRaCer00
import=good for some ppl
domestic=good for some ppl

all preference...end of story.
well put.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:16 PM   #123
integra818
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to integra818 Send a message via Yahoo to integra818
Quote:
Originally posted by Spyk

Funny how ( and i won't use my Ws6) a trans am of 01-02 breeding with pushrod and live axle .. could nail 66mph in a 600ft* slalom a .89 g and still run stock low low 13's all day with more than a adequate interior.. for mid 20's
My friends eclipse can run mid 12, pull more than .90 g, and it'll sure-as-hell do faster than 66 mph in a slalom, and he built it for less than 20, and don't tell me it's because it's built, most of his car is modified original parts ( ported turbo/ reprogrammed computer/ airbox modified, etc...)

Why are the domestic guys always talkin about price-per-hp. since when does money have to do with racing? It takes money to go fast but you should'nt throw your cars speed and price in the same pool, they're 2 very different subjects. Your car is your car ,and THAT"s how fast it goes... whatever amount of money you spent on it is a whole diferent story.

You want the fastest thing for the money, why don't you buy a motorcycle? You don't want to??? well... I don't wanna buy an american v8 regardless of it's power-per-dollar.

I've siad it once, I'll say it agian... not ALL imporst are "rice burners". Take a look at the DSM guys, most of themh hate body kits and concentrate on engine mods instead of what color the shiftknob is.

You might think some of the things I said are ignorant but think a bit deeper and you'll see the picture I'm tryin to show.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:43 PM   #124
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by integra818

My friends eclipse can run mid 12, pull more than .90 g, and it'll sure-as-hell do faster than 66 mph in a slalom, and he built it for less than 20, and don't tell me it's because it's built, most of his car is modified original parts ( ported turbo/ reprogrammed computer/ airbox modified, etc...)

Why are the domestic guys always talkin about price-per-hp. since when does money have to do with racing? It takes money to go fast but you should'nt throw your cars speed and price in the same pool, they're 2 very different subjects. Your car is your car ,and THAT"s how fast it goes... whatever amount of money you spent on it is a whole diferent story.

You want the fastest thing for the money, why don't you buy a motorcycle? You don't want to??? well... I don't wanna buy an american v8 regardless of it's power-per-dollar.

I've siad it once, I'll say it agian... not ALL imporst are "rice burners". Take a look at the DSM guys, most of themh hate body kits and concentrate on engine mods instead of what color the shiftknob is.

You might think some of the things I said are ignorant but think a bit deeper and you'll see the picture I'm tryin to show.
I dont know exactly what you mean by domestic guys always bragging about price-per-hp. If anything us domestic fans get bad price per hp, it shows in our pockets when we fill up gas into our bigger engines. Iv'e never heard anyone of us brag about this. If anything, i think an import is a better value for more horsepower since they have such great fuel economy per horsepower, RSX is getting 200hp from a 4cylinder that is alot of output. So i can't understand really what you mean by this since the opposite seems to be true, and V8's and V6's burn out our pockets. Now if you are talking about the base price on buying a car, i still think that (Asian) imports are mostly cheaper, take a look at civics and many others. Then compare them to the price of a camaro z28 or svt cobra. The imports are still a better value. So if anything, us domestic guys usually go for a worse value in terms of money, but if we like and prefer domestic cars, i don't see a problem with it, just like import guys prefer imports. But still, could you further ur reply so can understand
Old 03-31-2003, 02:51 PM   #125
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by pontiactrac

I dont know exactly what you mean by domestic guys always bragging about price-per-hp. If anything us domestic fans get bad price per hp, it shows in our pockets when we fill up gas into our bigger engines. Since when is this something we brag about. If anything, i think an import is a better value for more horsepower since they have such great fuel economy per horsepower, RSX is getting 200hp from a 4cylinder that is alot of output. So i can't understand really what you mean by this since the opposite seems to be true, and V8's and V6's burn out our pockets. Now if you are talking about the base price on buying a car, i still think that (Asian) imports are mostly cheaper, take a look at civics and many others. Then compare them to the price of a camaro z28 or svt cobra. The imports are still a better value. So if anything, us domestic guys usually go for a worse value in terms of money, but if we like and prefer domestic cars, i don't see a problem with it, just like import guys prefer imports. But still, could you further ur reply so can understand
Your fanaticism for American muscle is blinding your judgement, stop flaming those poor imports, they are good cars too:cry:
Old 03-31-2003, 02:57 PM   #126
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by kaoru-tochiro

Your fanaticism for American muscle is blinding your judgement, stop flaming those poor imports, they are good cars too:cry:
How was that anyway a flame to imports. i just admitted that they have GREAT output from their smaller engines while we don't get as great of an output from ours larger engines. If you put 2&2 together you know that was a compliment to the great technology which imports are using in their engines. I still prefer to ride domestics though<< is that considered a flame? Please tell me it's not
Old 03-31-2003, 03:03 PM   #127
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Oh god! stop it! just stop it! Taranaki get down here and yell at this guy!
Old 03-31-2003, 03:09 PM   #128
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Oh god! stop it! just stop it! Taranaki get down here and yell at this guy!
ooook, I am officially confused... Taranaki, i think ur the moderator, please don't yell at me, i like imports very much and love their great economy and output. I don't know why i am getting in trouble, and how is anyone getting that i am "flaming imports when i am complimenting them?" Am i in the twilight zone or something?
Old 03-31-2003, 03:22 PM   #129
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Your fanaticism for American muscle is blinding your judgement, stop flaming those poor imports, they are good cars too
To put this in a blunt manner, you're an idiot.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:24 PM   #130
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Re: .

Quote:
Originally posted by DeViL

:hehehe: The timing on that one couldn't have been any better!
Old 03-31-2003, 03:34 PM   #131
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Re: .

Quote:
Originally posted by DeViL

To put it another way you're the idiot and any other moron that believes pontiactrack is also an idiot. Since when the hell are Muscle car guys so apathetic to admit that an import car will ever do anithing better than their cars?!?!??!
Pontiac track, you're a phony and a traytor! Change your name!
Old 03-31-2003, 04:08 PM   #132
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: .

Quote:

To put it another way you're the idiot and any other moron that believes pontiactrack is also an idiot. Since when the hell are Muscle car guys so apathetic to admit that an import car will ever do anithing better than their cars?!?!??!
Pontiac track, you're a phony and a traytor! Change your name!
Whoa Whoa cowboy, whatever happened to me being accused of flaming, look at your post you foolish hypocrite! I have admitted that imports have good essentials and if you have a problem with it you can pay me a visit. I dont appreciate you calling me a flamer when you are calling us all this garbage. Still wanna call taranaki? God, honesty gets you nowhere.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:18 PM   #133
TDIguy
AF Newbie

Just like the old saying
No replacement for displacement

That stands true. The big 8 pot monsters will always own the straight line. Dont give me crap about sticking a turbo on a little 4 or 6 pot. Yes it will then be faster. But what if you then put the same turbo on the big 8. The V8 is faster. What I am trying to say, mod for mod the v8 will always win. Now, in the corners in "gerneral" the imports tend to be above. I know the Z06 and Viper pull 1g regularly. But I mean on the majority, 10 imports from Germany, Korea, and Japan vs 10 domestics. The imports will win in corners.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:13 PM   #134
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
Quote:

:bonghitte

friend of yours???
Old 03-31-2003, 05:13 PM   #135
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
Most of the time when the word "import" is thrown around here, it's used to describe Japanese cars. I was looking at a completely built Supra engine that was making something to the tune of 1400hp for a pro street car. That's very impressive for a 3.0 liter engine. Then I looked at a supercharged Hemi in a top fueler, making EASILY twice that. The only way to overcome lower displacement is with boost, and that takes higher octane fuel.

I am working on a 6.6 liter Ford smallblock for a project car. With 8.3:1 compression and a very mild cam, that engine will make about 300hp. That's less that 50hp/liter, but it's still 300hp. It will make 300hp on 86 octane gas, all day long.

For a 2 liter engine to make 300hp, it would require either extremly high compression, or signifigant boost, and either way, it can't do it on 86 octane. It's going to take just as much fuel to make 300hp with a 2 liter engine as it will with a 6.6 liter engine, and I'm still paying a lot less for gas.

Connor - Porsche Nazi since 2001, VW defiler since 2004

This here's a Fabrication forum!
My lugnut requires more torque than your LS1 makes.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing