Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 03:08 AM   #1
thesphinx83
AF Newbie

I Need More Hp!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone out there that has done some mods to their LT1 engines and can they tell me what kind of HP they are getting out of it? I almost got beat by a 2005 mustang and it only had the V6 in it. I want to be able to beat a mustang GT with no problems and i think it will take about 400 HP out of this 350 to be able to do that. Maybe not quite that much but that would allow my power to weight ratio to be about the same as the older model cobras that put out around 300 to 320 HP. Anybody have some suggestions? I know these things can EASILY put out 350 HP with just a few simple bolt ons like cold air, exhuast, computer chip, MAF, and such. I would like to know who has done what, what they used brand wise, and exactly what kind of performance changes they experienced. Thanks guys.
thesphinx83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: I Need More Hp!!!!!!!!

300-320HP with bolt ons?

So long as those bolt ons include heads (bolted on), a cam (not bolted, but close enough), exhaust from the heads back, a torque converter (bolted on), real valve springs and stiff rockers (bolted on), and a PCM reflash (since there is no MEMCAL or "chip" to be replaced) you might have a chance at 320 at the wheels. A cold air intake is really not worth that much in HP, but they are expensive and pretty, so they make you feel like they make more power.

My '94 has 2.02/1.60 valves, ported stock heads (53cc chambers, 194cc runners), screwed studs and ProMag rockers, 1.43" 130# springs, Comp 08-306-8 cam, exhaust work, and reprogramming, and it's making just under 343HP at the axle. A good stock LT1 with the B-Car cam is good for about 240-ish HP at the wheels.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
thesphinx83
AF Newbie

Re: I Need More Hp!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! thats awesome.. how long have you owned your roadmaster and is it a wagon? How does it run with those mods compared to when it was stock? So it sounds to me like the heads are what make all the difference in a motor... or at least a lot of it. Send me some pics too if you can to thesphinx83@yahoo.com thanks for the reply.
thesphinx83 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster