Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Maintenance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Maintenance Discussion about maintenance issues.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 11:54 PM   #1
setoria
AF Newbie

Question r32 turns self off

have a gts r32 auto coupe. it runs well but every now and again it starts to misfire or just turns itself off. when the misfire occurs it only lasts for about 100 metres before the car turns off. when restarted is ok. only happens around town, on open road is ok. dash lights come on, slip in neutral and turn key and it will restart. most times straight away but occaisionally after 2-4 times. have checked ignitor and coils. replaced c.a.s 6 months ago. time between breakdowns inconsistant so no pattern. has any one come across this problem. been trying to solve it for last 12 months. mechanics not sure either. all guess work. every time i try do get it diagnosed it behaves perfectly. getting very pee'd off. help!
setoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 03:54 PM   #2
nahhh
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to nahhh
Re: r32 turns self off

yeah i have exactly the same probem... i dont know wtf is wrong.. everyone is telling me a different reason for the problem... it seems to be getting worse.. esp when sitting in traffic.. sometimes it almost feels like its bunny hopping.. very jerky and running really rough and then just cuts out.. has always restarted but sometimes takes 3 or 4 tries.. very annoying.. have replaced fuel filter... but just wanna know whats wrong before i start replaing expensive parts.. i dont have much money.. .. help!
nahhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:48 PM   #3
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

Air flow meter. 99% sure that is what your problem is.
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
RazorGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:39 PM   #4
bob stone
AF Enthusiast

another problem i had with my old car, for me it was the electronic control for the distrubiter, chip was going bad, car would act wierd and die on me then would start right up again, after a while it was happing all the time and sometimes didnt restart.
bob stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 04:39 PM   #5
Dragon GTR
AF Newbie

I just got my GTR the other day and it is doing the same thing that Nahhh's is doing. Is the air flow meter hard or expensive to replace? And where is it located?
Dragon GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:08 AM   #6
asianskylinefans
AF Newbie

My Cefiro with RB20det did that months ago,turns out the KNOCK SENSOR PLUG was loose, check it out,its directly under the intake plenum above the oil filter,there are 2 of them first between th 1 - 3 cyl,the other between 4-6 cyl. Do a led diagnostic first there are lots of infos about this,search the forum or the NZ skyline forums. The other possibility is definitely the AFM, its going bad and even so,when you do the diagnostic the ecu will still say that its ok,but its the weakness of RB engine,the AFM.try swapping with another AFM see if your problem goes away.
asianskylinefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:13 AM   #7
dvsr33
AF Newbie

hey guys,

i own a r33 gts and ive got the exact same problem as setoria . sometimes when im driving it will cut out then ill turn it back on and it will backfire abit then stop .. i have to wait about 2-3 minutes then it will run fine ... no fucking clue whats wrong have had full service and told my engine is fine and also changed fuel filter but it must be something electrical ? if any 1 knows what could be wrong or what i should do .. please add me to msn german_built89@hotmail.com thanks
dvsr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:45 AM   #8
ridonkulous_leo
AF Newbie

Hi guys in hopes that some one still checks this
I'm having the same issue with my r32 GTR
super hard to get any help since I'm in the states and no one works on these cars here
also since I'm in california
on another post some one mentioned that they fixed this problem by replacing the power transistor
have any one else figured something out
im desperate
been 4 months of going in and out of different shops telling me the same thing
ridonkulous_leo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Maintenance