Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > 924/944/968
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 12:28 PM   #1
logikal6785
AF Newbie

wow. somebody needs a nap. and maybe a pacifier.
logikal6785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 06:32 PM   #2
MaNtiS3024
AF Enthusiast

yeah i have to agree that this 944 board is dead. Trying joining a 944 group on yahoo groups, i know of 2 active ones with lots of members.

"Shift your own dam gears!"
MaNtiS3024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 04:25 PM   #3
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
Yeah, the rennlist board is the only real online 944 community... Of course, if I gave the URL, that would be advertising on AF, which is a no no.

So go do a google search for rennlist forums

Connor - Porsche Nazi since 2001, VW defiler since 2004

This here's a Fabrication forum!
My lugnut requires more torque than your LS1 makes.
Cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 02:23 PM   #4
87Porsche951
AF Enthusiast

Rennlist is a good message board, alot of people who actually work on 944's and know alot. I am a member of Rennlist and the URL is: http://forums.rennlist.com/

Enjoy!

(I dont consider helping someone advertising, plus Im not selling a product or service.)
Old 12-14-2003, 11:31 PM   #5
speedshifter
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to speedshifter
what?!?

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I took your advice and went to the Rennlist board. Yes they are Porsche specific, but thats about it. I have made a couple posts in the past couple days and have not received a single reply!

I don't get much help here, but at least I get replies.

This is kind of pathetic. All 944 boards ive been to really suck. With my board for my truck (gm-trucks.com) I get posts back within hours and they are informative.

Here when I ask info on putting a S2 motor or a Turbo motor in a '86 NA, i get some fruit say "why build a car that Porsche already makes?" If I had a nickel for everytime i've read that phrase on this board, I'd have enought money to drive a 911.
Bikewiz@comcast.net
speedshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 01:05 AM   #6
87Porsche951
AF Enthusiast

Re: what?!?

Rennlist is the best forum for 944's. I have not found a better forum. The reason why they replied saying: "why build a car that Porsche already makes?" is because its impractable to do such a conversion when it would be cheaper just to buy a 944 Turbo. Even if you swapped the motor in the car wouldnt perform nearly as good as a real 944 Turbo. Porsche didnt just slapa turbo on the car, they upgraded many many things. Body, Chassis, Suspension, Engine, Trans, etc.

regular 944's are not worth the money and effort to mod. If you want to mod a n/a 944 buy a S2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedshifter
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I took your advice and went to the Rennlist board. Yes they are Porsche specific, but thats about it. I have made a couple posts in the past couple days and have not received a single reply!

I don't get much help here, but at least I get replies.

This is kind of pathetic. All 944 boards ive been to really suck. With my board for my truck (gm-trucks.com) I get posts back within hours and they are informative.

Here when I ask info on putting a S2 motor or a Turbo motor in a '86 NA, i get some fruit say "why build a car that Porsche already makes?" If I had a nickel for everytime i've read that phrase on this board, I'd have enought money to drive a 911.
87Porsche951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 11:33 AM   #7
speedshifter
AF Newbie

Re: this message board sucks

Okay, a turbo 944 in good condition goes for like $9k right?

I just bought an '86 NA in perfect conditiion with a seized motor for $1500. You telling me that it would cost $7500 to swap in all the parts that make a Turbo different from the NA car (engine, suspension, front bumper, etc)?
Bikewiz@comcast.net
Old 12-15-2003, 01:48 PM   #8
87Porsche951
AF Enthusiast

You can get a decent 944 Turbo for $6K. Even if you got the M44-51 or M44-52 engine the car probably wouldnt be able to handle the speed. Plus the car has more drag than a real 944 turbo. If you price what it wuld take to do a engine swap, bumber conversions, valance, rocker panels, suspension, wheels, tires, etc. needed to make the car perform like a true 944 Turbo it would cost you easily twice the cost of a real 944 Turbo. And good luck finding a 944 Turbo motor thats not junked.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:59 PM   #9
speedshifter
AF Newbie

Too late, I already bought the '86 NA with the blown motor.

I now see why this board sucks. I ask how to put a turbo motor in, and all you people say is go buy the 944 turbo. Thats just laziness and not willing to help a fellow Porsche owner. When you post telling me to buy another car when I'm trying to upgrade mine, it just shows you don't know anything about swapping the motor in. So why are you posting to begin with?
Bikewiz@comcast.net
Old 12-16-2003, 01:53 AM   #10
87Porsche951
AF Enthusiast

First id like to say your such a jackass. we simply pointed out you cant turbo the n/a engine without exdesive fabrication.

Your so full of shit if you expect me to beleive that you found a M44-51 engine that quick.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:03 PM   #11
930guy
AF Enthusiast

to Mr speed shifter: Its not laziness is being smarter than you. We're in the Porsche world and know the price and availability of the parts and how much work it is to swap them. If you don't want our advise-DON'T ASK! Go back and play with you're hot wheels!
930guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:55 PM   #12
speedshifter
AF Newbie

Okay, I'm real sorry for being so pissy lately. I really am a good guy and don't cause trouble on any boards.

I can see what you guys are saying, I just had my mind set on dropping in a 951 motor. I was wrong, sorry.

87: i didn't buy an engine yet. I bought my car off eBay, which is a NA 944 and the motor is blown. Thats why I'm looking for an alternative motor to drop in. Sorry for the confusion and insults guys.
Bikewiz@comcast.net
Old 12-18-2003, 05:17 PM   #13
blacktofu
AF Newbie

we've all had these thoughts

Dear god people...lets all get along. We've got good cars, great engineering, and who cares if a civic can beat us off the line? Sure, all N/A owners, including myself, have that itch to be in something a little quicker off the start. Sure, we all cringe when a damn dodge ram sport revs his engine at you while sitting at a stoplight, stomps it, and leaves you eating dust...and sure, we all have had thoughts like "maybe I should look for a turbo." Some of us have crazy ideas like seriously upgrading things- maybe dropping a new engine and so forth. But in the end. When we walk out of the supermarket, getting gas, or stroll towards our "porsche" that sits in the parking lot, we all think "damn, thats a beutiful car." No honda, no toyota, no chevy, no ford, could ever beat the brillance of a german engineered automobile...especially porsche. My god, even the name is magnificient.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:15 PM   #14
930guy
AF Enthusiast

Amen!!!
930guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 02:05 PM   #15
Black5gen
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Black5gen
Re: other message boards?

Rennlist Need I say more??? Hey I smell a 944S2NUT lurking in these forums! How do you post pics on here
Black5gen is offline   Reply With Quote