Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Whats the worst looking car out there?
Probe 10 3.37%
Echo 64 21.55%
New style civic(with the really ugly rearend) 23 7.74%
Focus(especially the wagon) 14 4.71%
Aztec 143 48.15%
PT Cruiser 43 14.48%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 03:48 PM   #181
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

"crossfire"

Everytime I hear "crossfire" I think of mixed up sparkplug wires - and after that I think of the game where you shoot those metal marbles.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:04 PM   #182
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Or GM's failed EFI setup for the Chevy 350. Not-quite-so-fondly nick-named "Cease-Fire" Injection.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:04 PM   #183
jon@af
The Media Guy

Send a message via AIM to jon@af
Quote:
Originally posted by Octagon
Or GM's failed EFI setup for the Chevy 350. Not-quite-so-fondly nick-named "Cease-Fire" Injection.
A guy where I work as a crap-fire injection corvette. Thing is a total pile and he's trying to sell it for 18,000. Why do stupid people own crappy cars?

AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:11 AM   #184
tomlong
AF Enthusiast

Good Question.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:07 AM   #185
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by ILike2DriveCars

A guy where I work as a crap-fire injection corvette. Thing is a total pile and he's trying to sell it for 18,000. Why do stupid people own crappy cars?
haha... you said under the name of your car "uh it has wheels" and ur asking why people own crappy cars. It's all good though
Old 03-09-2003, 12:31 PM   #186
PrimeTimeGt
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to PrimeTimeGt
HUH?

Wha?? with a little work the probe looks good..why is that even on this list if ne thing put on the crx..only way those things look good is if u buy that $3,500 body kit...even then it is still a crx..i dunno its jsut my opinion.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:11 PM   #187
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Re: HUH?

Quote:
Originally posted by PrimeTimeGt
Wha?? with a little work the probe looks good..why is that even on this list if ne thing put on the crx..only way those things look good is if u buy that $3,500 body kit...even then it is still a crx..i dunno its jsut my opinion.
I agree with this guy completely. i like some Honda's but the CRX is the puniest bare-boned little thing ive ever seen. Id prefer the looks of a beatle or even a focus over it, and at least they look like they can keep up with normal traffic flow. And since this is a thread about looks and not performance/modibility... i am glad to say that without having to worry about people telling me that they once saw a crx beat this car and that one. The probe, i don't think it's the most incredible thing ive ever seen, but it has a nice sporty yet conservative look to it, which is not something i could say about the boxlike crx. but then again, some people would beg to differ, and im content with that.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:30 PM   #188
Drfthis
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Drfthis
The new yet to come out ssr pice of shit the truck/shit mobile is a wana be 1940 to 59 chevy truck
Old 03-10-2003, 04:49 PM   #189
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Drfthis
The new yet to come out ssr pice of shit the truck/shit mobile is a wana be 1940 to 59 chevy truck
That is one of those cars in which GM should have just kept as a concept. It has very limited use. What kind of guy who wants the power and size of an american made pickup is going to buy that? Maybe an old man. People who want a truck, want a truck, people who want a car, want a car. Now SUVs is a different story though, some people like the whole hybrid thing there.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:48 PM   #190
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

I can agree that the SSR is pretty fuggly. How about the Mitsubishi Oulander? God that thing has a hideous nose.

And have you seen how they screwed up the Diamante? Where are we losing the styling department between the Lancer/Lancer EVO and the rest of the lineup?
Old 03-11-2003, 05:39 AM   #191
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Octagon
I can agree that the SSR is pretty fuggly. How about the Mitsubishi Oulander? God that thing has a hideous nose.

And have you seen how they screwed up the Diamante? Where are we losing the styling department between the Lancer/Lancer EVO and the rest of the lineup?
Glad you brout up the Lancer evo... nice 270 hp turbocharged engine. but just plain ugly as hell.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:01 AM   #192
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
I can't believe anything but the Azcrap got a vote. Have you people seen that piece of shit?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 03-11-2003, 11:38 AM   #193
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by YogsVR4
I can't believe anything but the Azcrap got a vote. Have you people seen that piece of shit?
everyone who voted for the Aztec probably voted again for a diff. car.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:34 PM   #194
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Re: "crossfire"

Quote:
Originally posted by 2strokebloke
Everytime I hear "crossfire" I think of mixed up sparkplug wires - and after that I think of the game where you shoot those metal marbles.
Haha! I think of the same thing, that metal ballbearing shooting game, I have no idea whatsoever what a crossfire is. Why does the Echo's @$$ stick up so much, why can't they design a small cheap car that looks decent. Is it so difficult to design something that looks cool for less that $15,000. I think car companies are trying to make poor people look stupid or something, are poor people are stupid enough to buy them?
Old 03-19-2003, 06:13 PM   #195
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by kaoru-tochiro
Why does the Echo's @$$ stick up so much, why can't they design a small cheap car that looks decent. Is it so difficult to design something that looks cool for less that $15,000.
The entire design of the body of the ECHO was for superior aerodynamics. Function over form.

Cd = drag coefficient
(lower is better)

From the poll, plus some others I have lying around:

Ferrari 360 Modena = 0.335
Porsche 996 Turbo = 0.31
Honda NSX = 0.30
Chrysler PT Cruiser = 0.379
Honda Civic Si = 0.30
Ford Focus ZX3 = 0.32
Ford Focus ZTW (wagon) = 0.30
Ford Probe = 0.30
Chevy Cavalier = 0.38
Pontiac Aztec = Couldn't find it anywhere... (Must be bad! :o)
Toyota ECHO = 0.29

Aerodynamic does not necessarilly mean "ugly," but you tend to pay more for aerodynamic + not "ugly." Makers of the sport compact cars evidently are content to focus on function over form in this manner to make their cars more efficient, as they probably feel that will add the most percieved value to their customers.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing