Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 03:03 PM   #1
danieldench
AF Regular

01 Tib Rims

I am looking into getting some rims for my 01 tib. Does anyone know if a 17X7 4x114.3 +42 will fit? Also, what the factory rim size is and factory offset.
danieldench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:49 PM   #2
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Head on over to the Tire Rack and put in your vehicle and you would be able to see the tires superimposed on the vehicle. I just did it and from what I see on a 2001 Tib, you can put 17.

Pretty cool site.
(Once you put in the Make,Year, select "Shopping Tools" then "See Wheels on your Vehicle". )

TS out

Members please read: Guidelines
twospirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:02 PM   #3
danieldench
AF Regular

Re: 01 Tib Rims

Yeah, but tirerack doesn't tell you what the offset is. I want to buy these rims from a local classified ad, but I don't know if a +42 offset will work on 17x7 rims
Old 01-26-2005, 05:02 PM   #4
Mister_Sinister
AF Enthusiast

www.rdtiburon.com. Go there, you must. Explain everything they will.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:33 PM   #5
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Why don't we just close down the Hyundai Tiburon sections altogether. With members like you sending away members elsewhere instead of providing the information here it just might end up that way.

TS out

Oh and btw, the next member that flat out advertizes another forum will have their post deleted. And if you have a problem with it, take it up with the administrators. Enough of this crap.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:45 PM   #6
Mister_Sinister
AF Enthusiast

Sorry TS, wasn't trying to hurt this site. Just that there's a helluva lot more information for RD owners there than here. I'm 1 of what, 4, RD owners here? Not alot of info for us here. And I sent him there because I don't know 100% for sure if they'll fit.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:43 AM   #7
Underground_Killah
AF Enthusiast

and then God created the ctrl-c button and he also blessed us with the ctrl-v button...

whatever is there can be easily posted here

R.I.P. Hypsi87, A.k.a. Andy Filson
Underground_Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:10 AM   #8
danieldench
AF Regular

Thanks for reminding me, Mister Sinister, of that site. I have been coming to this forum for about a year now, since I bought my tib. I have gotten some good info from some of you, mainly in the form of other sites to go to. The fact of the matter is that most of the info on here pertains to the new tibs because most of you drive 03+ tibs. Like Mister Sinister said, there are only about 4 of us on here that drive RD's.

I was looking for some info and since it wasn't available in this forum, someone was kind enough to point me in the right direction. I find it extemely childish and improfessional of Two Spirits to complain about it and threaten to delete posts of other users who post links to other forums. This is supposed to be a free forum, that should support free speech. Why should Mister Sinister have to take the time to cut and paste everything over to here, I know I wouldn't. My time is too valuable to be wasting it like that.

To make a long story short, I will probably not be coming back here much more, if at all. This isn't the first time I have experienced this kind of rude behavior from a moderator or certain other users. I am sure I won't be missed, so you can keep any rude rebuddles to yourself. There is barely enough support for our cars as it is, lets try to hold on to what support we have. Two Spirits, I will be reporting this incident to automotiveforums.com. Whether or not it will do any good, I don't know.

Peace out to all of those who have helped me, or those that I have helped.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:45 AM   #9
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Re: Re: 01 Tib Rims

ummm I do not know why you are taking this to heart because the first part of my post was directed to Sinister and the last part was a general statement to all posters. But if you wish to direct this to me, then fine, I will direct my responses to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieldench
Thanks for reminding me, Mister Sinister, of that site. I have been coming to this forum for about a year now, since I bought my tib. I have gotten some good info from some of you, mainly in the form of other sites to go to. The fact of the matter is that most of the info on here pertains to the new tibs because most of you drive 03+ tibs. Like Mister Sinister said, there are only about 4 of us on here that drive RD's.
This is the reason why I made my comments. If the information that is provided in these forums is not sufficent and it can be found elsewhere, thats fine. Its okay to go elsewhere to find it. An educated consumer is the best policy. I do it myself. But my beef is the fact that its so plainly spelled out for all to see. It would have been better to PM the member to tell them of the other sites. (Even though it baffles my mind that one can't do a search using google or any other good search engine and find the countless model specific forums on the internet) and see them.
Quote:
I was looking for some info and since it wasn't available in this forum, someone was kind enough to point me in the right direction. I find it extemely childish and improfessional of Two Spirits to complain about it and threaten to delete posts of other users who post links to other forums. This is supposed to be a free forum, that should support free speech. Why should Mister Sinister have to take the time to cut and paste everything over to here, I know I wouldn't. My time is too valuable to be wasting it like that.
ummm its one word, twospirits, no spaces, no caps.

Is it childish and unprofessional to try to hold on to the little members we currently have. Is it childish/unprofessional to point out that posting such sites is uncalled for and might I add, a form of spam. Which results in the post being deleted anyway. No, I do not think its childish and unprofessional. What would have been the best course of action is to either pm the member telling them of the site. Hopefully the member goes to that site gathers the information and comes back to post it in here so others can benefit from the information. That is how forums and communities are built and expand the knowledge being transfered among members.
Quote:
To make a long story short, I will probably not be coming back here much more, if at all. This isn't the first time I have experienced this kind of rude behavior from a moderator or certain other users. I am sure I won't be missed, so you can keep any rude rebuddles to yourself. There is barely enough support for our cars as it is, lets try to hold on to what support we have. Two Spirits, I will be reporting this incident to automotiveforums.com. Whether or not it will do any good, I don't know.

Peace out to all of those who have helped me, or those that I have helped.
I am sorry that you feel that way. And its all within your right to come back or not. You are always welcomed here. The more members sharing knowledge the better we are as a community.
Now as for the rude behavior, don't lecture me on rudeness when you have posts like this and this. (I could go on, but I won't). My tone might have been a bit tougher than usual, but when one makes a point they usually are not in a soft tone. I was pointing out the fact that from now on any posts pointing to other sites will be deleted. Its spam, plain and simple, and AF does not take lightly to spam. The members in here know me as an easy going regular guy besides being the moderator that enforces the rules. I let alot of things slide just for the members benefit. But when the link is to other forums sites, then it hampers our ability of a group to grow and expand our knowledge of the vehicles we love to drive. Then I, in good conscience cannot let it continue.

You are welcome to forward your thoughts and comments to the administrators. I too have notified them and the other moderators.

twospirits
AF Moderator

Old 01-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #10
BigTDawg
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BigTDawg
where is the love?
BigTDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani