Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #46
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pimprolla112 Send a message via MSN to pimprolla112
Re: Whats a good $150 amp from circuit city or best buy?

Ok well through the many opinions and personal experience i stay away from almost everything that best buy and circuit city sells. Power acoustik does make some good amps but i would never use one personally and there speakers are just pieces of shit, they are a little over priced but they get the job done. Rockford is just a joke unless you want to spend a ton of cash on there power series that and the stuff they sell at best buy is insanely over priced. Sony blows altogether except there high end and i mean there $500+ HU. Kicker anything unless you get it of ebay or know somebody is over priced like hell and there generakky over rated too. Dont get me wrong these companies do have there good points but they are overrated and really arent that good compared to other stuff. Alpine does make some awsome stuff but depending on what your looking for you might spend more than you want.

Out of the stuff you listed the pioneer has the highest bridged output. The power acoustik has only 240rms bridged and they have the power rating reversed it should be 125@4ohm and 180@2ohm. Out of that list i would get the pioneer.

If you dont want the risk of going through ebay than ikesound is an authorized dealer for most brands and you get the warranty and everything.

This amp would destroy anything from bestbuy or circuit city and its about $50 cheaper than anything you put down.
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2212

and this ones even better and its only about 20 bucks more

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2214

and that pioner is about $50 cheaper than it is at best buy.
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2884

But if you have to then the kickers from circuit city or the pioneer would be the best deal, and personally i would go through ike sound only because you can save almost 50 bucks and put it in somewhere else. From what it looks like your looking for a 2 channel amo that can be bridged with a decent amount of power and that second profile has 600rms and they are rated at 14.4v and some companies dont list it but they like to rate it at 18v which is more than that amp will ever see and it makes the power rating almost 1/3 higher than it is at what your car puts out so read the fine print to.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
pimprolla112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:18 PM   #47
Bboy_Jon
AF Regular

well if im gonna buy online ill probly just buy on ebay

but ya,

Kicker, alpine, pioneer, power acustik, rockford, or profile

which kicker would you suggest from circuit city?

ya chances are ill go online, probly ebay

Ok so with around 150-160 to spend, what profile amp would be the best i dont wanna spend all 150-160 but ya

ya on ebay the pioneer is around 80-110 buy it now brand new

and the profiles are around 80-100

but the profiles have more power than the pioneer?

i got a question, all amps should fit standard ring terminals ad stuff right?
Bboy_Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 04:29 PM   #48
Bboy_Jon
AF Regular

hmm its working now

i tried it with no load, works

i tried it (with engine off) worked

so i tried with the engine on, didnt work

tried single channel instead of bridge, worked, tried bridged again, and it works wtf?
Old 10-06-2005, 05:15 PM   #49
tblake
In God We Trust

Send a message via MSN to tblake

that means your sub and amp may be different impedence. Are you using one sub or two? if 2, how are they wired, parallel or series? your amp may not be stable at 2 ohms.

AF "2.0" Community Guidelines

Conservative Victory 2012!!!

"I'll Keep my Guns, Freedom, and Money. You can Keep the Change!"

----->>>>> Did You Know? <<<<<-----
tblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:42 PM   #50
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Profile uses a lug system its a set screw system just put the bare wire in the hole tighten the set screw and its done. Just be sure not to torque the shit out of it if you do you will most likely strip the plastic threads can be repaired easily with jb weld or a helicoil but just make them snug so the wire stays in there. Like i said last night bboy look into profile amps 600rms bridged for 115 from ikesound and its cheaper on ebay. As for his amp its only 4 ohm stable bridged so 2 ohm would put it into protect, and he only has one sub, i was trying to see if he can get me model number so i can see whether its dvc and whether or not its 2 or 4 ohm. As far as the amp working in the different circumstances and not in others and since it works now it sounds like there might be a probem internally with your amp. I had a bazooka that had a bad circuit between the power and remote s the amp would never turn off so i put it on a switch. Remember that having an amp bigger than the sub wont matter just dont crank the amp and if you decide to upgrade then you have the amp that can handle it. The other good thing about profile is that there is no gain control it doesnt need it it has a bass control, crossover, a poer level control and a switch to turn it on LP-off-HP, or LP-low pass crossover only plays sounds below i think its like 300hz so its only bass, of it plays everything, and HP-plays all the high stuff about like 1khz and up. So when your tuning it you can tune it by three methods to get the sound you like. If you get a chance bboy try to get that model number so can se what size amp you would need for it and whether or not its dvc or svc and what impendance it is.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
Old 10-06-2005, 10:31 PM   #51
Bboy_Jon
AF Regular

ok so the hp and lp on my head unit adjust what sounds come out? (type/frequency or whatever)?

ya when i was going to work the sub turned off while i had it on 20, after driving for a bit, but on my way back it worked fine at 20

ya its one sub,

so basically a new amp SHOULD probly fix this? (either way id like a new amp lol)
Old 10-06-2005, 11:56 PM   #52
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

If your HU has one then yeah it can do that but the profile has one built into the amp very nice if your just using the amp for a sub. Ive had that problem before to turned out to be the ground was coming loose on the amp. But a new amp will definately be a uge improvement and if you somehow manage to turn this one ff then it is most likely the sub or the wiring. Like said earlier an amp that is bigger than needed isnt a bad thing because you can turn the power down and when you upgrade you have the extra power at hand.

Cardomain
Old 10-07-2005, 03:40 AM   #53
Bboy_Jon
AF Regular

i just wanna run around 20, thats really the most i feel like doing, anything else is too loud imo

man my dad wants me to go garage saling with him today, to look for amps (at 7 its now almsot 4 lol)

i dont wanna go, cuz he can just find an amp and bring it back, i really wanna buy a new profile though

man they got a new ap1200 for 83 buy it now and 15 shipping i WANT IT!!

Last edited by Bboy_Jon; 10-07-2005 at 04:48 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:06 PM   #54
tr10av
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to tr10av

What kind of garage sales do you go to to buy an amp?
Hifonics TXi 6406 Bridged to 2 Channels
VR3 CD/MP3 Player
COMING SOON:
Component Set
Amp for components
tr10av is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:00 PM   #55
Bboy_Jon
AF Regular

random garage sales someone usually has somethin, i dont wanna go (i thought we were goin friday morning, but we didnt, so were going tomorow morning ) i dont really wanna go, cuz last time he got the alpine amp and i wasnt there, whys he need me

but he also wants to check out the pawn shop (well get over priced crap lol) i really just wanna buy a new amp (profile) on ebay
Old 10-07-2005, 11:54 PM   #56
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

I wouldnt suggest buying anything electronic from a garage sale or a pwan shop, unless its something rare or you can actually see it perform before you buy it, 9 times out of 10 not very likely. I have bought used car audio stuff from friends with no problems but at a garage sale you dont know how it was treated, whther it works or not and whether or not its really worth the money. Just pick out a profile that you think would be in the correct size area for what you want. In your case look into what subs you might be interested in or in the case with ha1200 you could get a low power single 15 or 18 and have the ability to make it sound good. Unless your buying something from someone you know then i wouldnt suggest it, got 2 polk 12's in box for 50 and a ca400m for 50 half power at 2 ohms about 75 watts and those 10 year old subs can fucking pound. When i asked what power you where looking for i was talking about how many watts you think would be enough for your future plans. I also believe the ha1200 has a bass remote so you can change the bass boost from your seat rather than having to try and tune it when you get a chance.

Cardomain
Old 10-08-2005, 12:26 AM   #57
Bboy_Jon
AF Regular

is there an ha and an ap? or did u just make a big typo? lol ya i searched on ebay no ha's

ya i dont wanna buy from a garage sale, nor pwn shop, but if my dads buying, he can go ahead lol he bought the alpine

and ya the ap1200 has a remote which is sweet

ill try and get that

edit: wait, all my amp wirings have ring terminales or spade terminals (ground, remote and power have spade, the 2 speaker wires have ring terminals)

and so can the profile amps take the ring/spade terminals? they better, cuz i dont wanna rip my terminals off/cut my wires
Old 10-08-2005, 08:40 AM   #58
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Sorry i ment the AP series which is there newer line that replaced the california series, the HA is the model numbers for there baja series amps.

Cardomain
Old 10-08-2005, 08:53 AM   #59
Bboy_Jon
AF Regular

i see , but ya i just wanna get a dam profile, apparantly my dad didnt wanna wait 5 min for me to eat breakfast and so he left without me

so here i am, but ya the ap1000 is like 65 buy it now

i want a ap1200 though
Old 10-08-2005, 09:00 AM   #60
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Well its still below your $150 price range for the 1200 and hell they have a ap2000 or ha 2000 cant remember on ike sound $175 bridged at 4ohm it has 960w-rmsx1 thats insane thats more powerful than the kicker1200.1 for about a 1/3 of the price only bad thing is that it doesnt have the ability to run 2ohm stable bridged. But they do have some mono amps that can handle the 2ohm load.

Cardomain

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio