Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Let's get Technical! Discussion for hardcore in-depth motor heads!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 06:10 PM   #31
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
civickiller & Civicspoon, civicfreak1 mentioned in a pervious thread he lives in Pakistan. I fully trust him when he says there really are no dyno's around. He mentioned above that the UAE had a dyno, but look at map, that's quite far. Importing his car to a forgein country would indeed be very expensive. If you look at a map, the closest route to the UAE is via boat, and sending a car via boat is not cheap and takes a long while. If he chose to trailer it there like was suggested above it very well could mean driving through Iran, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia to get to the UAE. That's quiet a distance. True, a dyno is the best way, but a dyno there seems to be too far for him to get to, just like he has been saying. I am sure if the dyno was closer he's find a way to get there. A trailer trip through @ least 3 countries to reach a dyno don't seem like plausable idea.

The reason I suggested the G-tech wasn't to tune the car. It was to give him an approx peak hp output reading. As we know, no dyno not only affects the tuning, but he won't know his peak hp level. The G-tech comp would work fine for that. At least he'll know an approx peak hp with the G-tech. It would give him an idea of where it stands if nothing else.

BTW, Civicspoon, that toulene/octane link you provided was an intersting read.

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:30 PM   #32
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Re: Race Gas / NOS

Oh he's in Pakistan? Why the hell does his profile say Canada? Guess I can understand why he doesn't have a dyno anywhere near him then I was thinking to myself "he's in Canada and no place near him has a dyno, wtf?"
Glad you like the link, I also thought it was a pretty interesting read.
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:39 PM   #33
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Re: Re: Race Gas / NOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicSpoon
Oh he's in Pakistan? Why the hell does his profile say Canada? Guess I can understand why he doesn't have a dyno anywhere near him then I was thinking to myself "he's in Canada and no place near him has a dyno, wtf?"
Glad you like the link, I also thought it was a pretty interesting read.
Hmm, not sure why it says that. Oh well. Anyways,he mentioned this in his first thread. I noticed you and civickiller posted in that thread also, maybe you just didn't notice it. Here's the link in case your curious. It's the 5th post down.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=292718

EPR Member 4 Life
Old 12-06-2004, 07:32 PM   #34
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Ohhhh yeah now I remember.
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:12 AM   #35
civickiller
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to civickiller
hey eckoman didnt i mention in my last post in this thread that i realized hes in a different country, end of page 2 in case you didnt read and pay attention. what feel big and you need to point out things that i already mentioned.

g tech is good if you want to know your peak hp but thats it, if there are alot of other racers in the area, you might want to think about setting up a dyno, first dyno in the area could make alot of money
Old 12-07-2004, 10:18 AM   #36
civicfreak1
AF Newbie

thanks alot for the link man....
not only it will help me with the race fuel problem but will also give me less knock....
and i won't have to retire my timing as much as well...... i don't think i can buy a g-tech now...
since i do not feel like giving up on my vertical door lifts... i wanna buy em more than anything ,,, and i'll kinda run out of budget....

i am goin to be giving my car in for a paint job tomorrow.... and start preparing for my exams... won;t be getting it back till one week
i'll come back to u guys for4 help agian ...if i need in one week ....
hope u guys have a great week ....
zillion thanks ....

PS: the reason my profile says i am from canada is cuz i used to live in toronto before i moved here to pakiland...
civicfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 06:16 PM   #37
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
Originally Posted by civickiller
hey eckoman didnt i mention in my last post in this thread that i realized hes in a different country, end of page 2 in case you didnt read and pay attention. what feel big and you need to point out things that i already mentioned.

g tech is good if you want to know your peak hp but thats it, if there are alot of other racers in the area, you might want to think about setting up a dyno, first dyno in the area could make alot of money
Hey now, don't start getting all offended and mouthy. I wasn't trying to act all big and bad, so don't accuse me falsly of such. I did read and pay attention. You gavew no mention of the country he was in, none. If fact, it looked as if you didn't remember he was in a forgein country as much as realize it after he said the following...civicfreak1 said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicfreak1
importing a constant supply of racing fuel is goin to be kinda hard...
After he said importing fuel is going to be hard, you said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by civickiller
hmm so you live in a different country. that makes it kidn of hard.
I was not trying to insult you, I was mearly pointin out that he was in Pakistan, something that no-one seemed to remember as it was never mentioned. Now please don't go accusing me falsly of things and then sayiung "disappointing" for whatever the reasons you did was. The fact is most people realized he was in a forgein country until he mentioned it, and even then you didn't act as if you suddenly remebered which one, you said..."hmm so you live in a different country. that makes it kidn of hard. "

It's not big, I brought up he's in Pakistan because no one seemed to realize this. In every thread this guy posts, I see someone saying " go heard or order this." Being so far away is most likly one reason he is trying to ask and learn things. There likely arn't many options in Pakistan, so he is left doign a lot of it himself.

Please do not falsly accuse others and then insult them by saying "disappoinin." Whether this was an honest miscomunication or an attempt to save face, it is uncalled for.

Now lefts drop all this and get back to helping civicfreak1 with his questions. We are all here to help other members, not to bicker and argue.

EPR Member 4 Life
Old 12-08-2004, 08:39 PM   #38
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Privatebigandrew Send a message via Yahoo to Privatebigandrew
Re: Re: Race Gas / NOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicHBsi91
zex plugs suck, go with champions or ngk's...
HAHAHAHAHA champions...you are kidding right. Those are the cheapest plugs on the market......i would but spark plugs from wal-mart in my car before i put champions in my car. Try NGK iridium IX plugs....i pet em in mine and it made a huge difference...i think you can order them in different heat ranges too
Accel plug wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, AEM short ram intake, DC sports ceramic coated header (4-2-1), Airmass high flow cat ,Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Bosal Brospeed tips, Neuspeed short throw shifter, Tokico clutch master cylinder, Tokico clutch slave cylinder, Prothane complete kit bushings, Brembo front rotors, NR EL-Glo instrument gauges, CTR LSD trans with ITR final drive, Exedy chromoly flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch kit, Raxle axles.
Privatebigandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:52 AM   #39
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to civicHBsi91
Re: Re: Re: Race Gas / NOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privatebigandrew
HAHAHAHAHA champions...you are kidding right. Those are the cheapest plugs on the market......i would but spark plugs from wal-mart in my car before i put champions in my car. Try NGK iridium IX plugs....i pet em in mine and it made a huge difference...i think you can order them in different heat ranges too
They have had good results with nitrous. Just because you have not been informed of it doesent mean you should knock it.

Champion RC9YC4 or NGK BKR7E-11
Old 12-09-2004, 12:04 PM   #40
civicfreak1
AF Newbie

well thanks man ... i will look into these ngk plugs...
Old 12-10-2004, 11:30 AM   #41
civicfreak1
AF Newbie

hi ppl back agian .,,,,
with the same thread... same question
i am getting low-led 100 octance gasoline...
and i am planning on adding 30% toulene to it..
do u think ... this will work fine ... i think it'll give me around 106 to 108 octance somewhere///
should i add something else to it ...
like the transmission fluid and a little bit of diesel...

also.....

should i disable the knock sensor while doing the management or.... should i leave it there to retire the timing in case of detonation ???
Old 12-11-2004, 02:30 PM   #42
civickiller
AF Fanatic

since you dont have a dyno to tune on. go buy a knock monitering device like j&s so that way you can monitor knock. the stock knock is good but you cant monitor it.

thats about the best way you can tune timing without a dyno, keep advancing till you start knocking then retard a few degrees.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:35 PM   #43
civickiller
AF Fanatic

i wouldnt run anything but ngks in my car. not knocking champions because they are good spark plugs too, i just rather run ngks

and privateandrew, i doubt htey made a huge difference, unless the spark plugs you took out were so badly gone already. i think it was all in your head
Old 12-11-2004, 03:06 PM   #44
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to civicHBsi91

I agree in some applications champions dont run very well but in nitrous applications they have seemed to do well.

Personally I run denso/ngk but champions have had good results with nitrous.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:18 PM   #45
civicfreak1
AF Newbie

ppl, i shoudnt be posting in this dead thread right now, but I wanna thank all of u for all the help, my car actually got completed last week, and i am super glad to tell all of u that, i killed a wrx last night in a quarter mile, and i am running on pump-gas and pussing around 19psi... i have no idea how much hp i am making.... i am guessing i am above 300 for sure...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!